• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Feral druid and Guild performance

Because it is easier from a leadership point of view to force people to stick to the intented raid specs. Sure, raid 0 you have a feral who tags along and you still do fine. Week 2 you have to turn down your second priest wanting to respecc shadow, the ret pala and the moonkin. Why should the feral druid be the only one being gifted with the off-spec role? Because it's the best of the worst?

So much for playing what you like, right :)

Okay, I'll try to explain my thoughts a bit more if you don't mind :innocent:

First thing - I wasn't talking only about ferals, but about all possible off-spec roles (sh priest, ele shammy etc.). My mistake tho.

You were talking about ppl changing their spec to undesired one (by guild) - that could be a problem but there is easy solution. If someone starts his character as a healer, then he probably chose to be one for a reason, changing spec every week or so is bullshiit. And it is indecent to the guild that was sweating blood to get them a proper gear. There is no room for indecisive ppl in any guild. So yea, screw them. But there should be room for dedicated ppl. :winkiss:

The only change in "the path" I'd approve would be changing weapons, because rogues for example are better with daggers early on, but after BWL they're pretty much equal with swords with little difference. Swords are much easier to use and they perform better against trash btw, so it's profit.

I don't think there is so many guys that would be able to suffer as ferals or shadow priests in vanilla. The most of them would rather choose another class or stick to the pvp, than being the last dps on the screen. The thing is there won't be many of them, so they can raid no problem. By forcing ppl I was thinking about wiping out these off-spec roles completely. Reduction of certain specializations in guild/raid is usually neccessary, but ferals,... etc. should not be banned completely just because they doesn't provide top dps. But as you have pointed out there must be some sort of reduction anyway. Good point, I take that.

Little side note: Every "off-spec role" has some kind of dispell, decurse, remove poison mechanic and heal, so they are not useless in raid at all. I'd even say they've been made valuable raiders by Blizzard this way. It is dps with much higher possibilities. People just see them useless considering only one factor (dps). I wouldn't play these myself, but I've seen a feral druid in raid doing really decent dps and still supporting other ppl with hots and stuff. It just seems effective and nice to me.

You may not agree but it's just an opinion of a good guy with peace and shiits in the heart :wub:

Nobody said anything about getting the blazefury medallion and elementals deck? If you're gunna do it at least do some research. The base attack speed with procs is where its at. Procs on procs on procs yo.

I raided with a feral in 1.12 and it's definitely a bonus to the raid, decent tanks, and if you stack it in a group with a sham and 3 warriors that's a lot of bonus damage from crits and flurry uptime. Don't forget that's an extra innervate and brez. A feral druid brings a lot to the raid as long as they dont hoard dkp for dft :biggrin:

As raider spriest , i strongly support feral druid :D it all depends on get the right friend and force your way in guild

As raider spriest , i strongly support feral druid :D it all depends on get the right friend and force your way in guild

A spriest gives 20% flat bonus damage to every lock in the raid.

A feral druid gives 3% crit to 4 others.

They are not comparable in terms of boosting others dps.

Shadow weaving is 15%
In MC you got at least 3-4 locks which means weaving alone give your 45-60% damage of an additional lock in the raid.

Most ferals do well if they are not feral. Sounds dump, but thats how it is. If you consider yourself too good to heal from time to time, don't expect alot of support.

For most players its just the gear they are after and not the role they perform. If you are not narrow minded and realize this you will have no problem even as feral.

In MC you got at least 3-4 locks which means weaving alone give your 45-60% damage of an additional lock in the raid.

Yes I know, I was just pointing out the correct information is all. My guild was real lock heavy, so we usually had anywhere between 4-6 each raid, it was pretty killer for me.

Except for aggro-sensitive fights.

Yea, we had some issues on Ebonroc or Flamegor, whichever one of the drakes had the shadow-fire breath thing that would kill half your raid in one go, for the first few attempts.

A spriest gives 20% flat bonus damage to every lock in the raid.

A feral druid gives 3% crit to 4 others.

They are not comparable in terms of boosting others dps.

Agree. Also the synergy a Spriest gives in a 1 priest 4 lock group is great as it allows the lock to turn life into mana and let the vampiric embrace top them off. Locks should only use it 1 time, get hp full and do it again, otherwise healers my perceive this as damage taken and waste heals.

This increases your locks damage even more.

Though your off on your shadow weave damage by 5%.

- - - Updated - - -

What a lot of ferals don't take advantage of is the 3/4 stormshroud set. The chance on hit 30 energy is soooo OP, it allows them to make up ground on the lack of gear they receive pre AQ. Chance on hit weapons don't work for a cat, but the armor set does.

Last edited:
Yea, we had some issues on Ebonroc or Flamegor, whichever one of the drakes had the shadow-fire breath thing that would kill half your raid in one go, for the first few attempts.

All three of them use Shadow Flame and Wing Buffet that knockbacks current tank and halves it's threat.
You actually had to use OTs taunting drakes pre-buffet and MT taunting back after it happens.
Otherwise it gets nasty and Shadow Flame on raid is possible.

How dare you use simple game abilities to make things easier... Mind blown...

- - - Updated - - -

I thought everything you do to kill a boss is dps only... Which is why only cookie cutter is allowed... I am sure the rogue will help with this better than the feral as well.... And tell that rogue we are at 5% on boss and main tank priest needs an intervate and to brez the dead druid, who is going to brez our top ranged dps after....

Top Bottom