• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

First Time Offence Perma Bans are Stupid

Amoonir

Authorized
Pretty self explanatory. First time should be a warning or a short ban then feel free to perma ban IMO. Perma ban with no chance is insane imo doesn't help the community out and propagates a sense of fear.

Warning first should always be made ofc, unless it's something insane like duping 1000 black lotus. We've had ridiculous permbans in the past though which should've been warnings (hunter dm:n reset for example), what small thing did they perma for now?

You can open up your own server and make your own rules there.
Punishments:

O. Depending on the nature and severity of the issues, punishments may vary between verbal warnings and mutes up to suspension of account(s)/ characters and bans (short term, long term, permanent, and/or IP). Punishments may also be linked to different TwinStar services up to and including a global block of all TwinStar services.

This is a suggestion for this server that I think is fair. Notice I am not demanding to have this server changed to this rule. If they choose to follow suit with what I suggest that would be nice but if they don't whatever as you justly said it is their server. Regardless your comment is out of place and not conductive to a real discussion.

They banned some supposed fish botter which is alright but perma ban on first offence after a year of play with no offence? Just doesnt seem right IMO.

Fish-botting is botting like any other unmanned control of your character. We have no idea how long the cheating player could be botting before being catched. The rules are clear and there is zero tolerance for cheating players. Basically, fish-botting can be considered as duping, you are making wealth with no effort, affecting the economy of the realm.

Each case is captured for documentation purposes and we are open to any honest appeal.

C. On Kronos it is strictly forbidden to actively control multiple Characters at once using 3rd party software/3rd party mechanics (known as Multiboxing). It is also against the rules to participate in a Battleground with more than 1 character. Alt-tabbing with multiple clients to play (Questing, World PvP, etc…) is not against the rules, while battlegrounds are against the rules. Botting and/or unmanned automation of your character is strictly prohibited and will be banned on the spot.

By playing here, you are accepting these rules. Lack of knowledge of the rules does not legitimize your actions.

Let's hope they are not Athairne who kept someone banned because of faked screenshot.
The reports are not player made, but anticheat. Each case is verified by GMs, and banned upon being proven as a cheater. When anyone appeals their ban, captured video evidence is reviewed and evaluated by the Head GMs.

For reference, permanent bans are a last line of punishment. However, just like real life crimes there are times when you have no choice but to go straight to max punishment (ex: murder etc..).

Botting/Hacking/Exploiting are all "murder" type issues for servers. In most cases the end results are permanent bans. For every other offence we generally try to do progressive discipline as appropriate. Our goal as a team IS NOT to punish players, nor the community. However when players in the community abuse the community & server in a way that is against the rules then we are forced to take action.

We give A LOT of leeway to players, some say too much. We're not here to be "dicks", we want nothing best for our entire community and for the project. But when that line is crossed, inaction is almost worse than action.

Warning first should always be made ofc, unless it's something insane like duping 1000 black lotus. We've had ridiculous permbans in the past though which should've been warnings (hunter dm:n reset for example), what small thing did they perma for now?

No one was permanently banned for resetting dm.. Any bans that are NOT Hacking,Botting,Exploitation[special cases] or RMT recieve a 1 day to 14 day ban depending on the situation and it scales higher for repeate offenses, which they can appeal and usually are allowed to appeal before the actual time was served as long as it is a first offence. This is the warning and will always be. I have found it is highly effective over warning as well with repeat offenders.

As for warning botters, as Chero said they could have been doing it for large amounts of time so there is no way to know how long they have been doing it or how much they have gained from botting also with past experiences most people that cheat like this do mot stop they try to figure out how there were caught last time and do it again later on trying not to make the same mistake as they did in the past making them harder to catch each time. Now before anyone says "what if a GM doesnt like me and falsely bans me for Botting or hacking etc.. Every GM does and MUST take videos or every infraction of the rules before they ban a player, the video is then sent to myself and the head GMs for review incase of appeal. If a video is not present for a ban then the appeal is accepted due to lack of proof[this never happens as a video always exists]. I hope this gives a little more transparency to how things work behind the scenes with bans.

P.s. we are not feenix we dont solely go on player screen caps we put a lot of time into our investigations to make sure we are not punishing innocent players.

The only other bans I didnt cover is gold spammers bans those are for 999 days they are not perm and any gm can appeal those they usually happen due to chinese hacking the players account and using it to advert when then lock it for 999 days to ensure nothing else bad happens to it till the real user comes back and contacts us. [The goldspam bans dont happen much anymore as you can see we removed the chinese rmt cartel completely from kronos]

P.s.s.s.s.s.s You want transparency heres your bleepin transparency. :p

Last edited:
Except you?
No, the rule is for all GMs which includes the head GMs. I myself still video my entire investigation since being appointed head gm.
As head/assistant head gms though, we answered to Chero who was head admin. Gurky has since taken that role so head/assistant head gm answer to him.

Top Bottom