• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Fix the CB, it's an utter killer.

Dodgykebaab

I'm sure there is a bug tracker here, but right now I don't care and this is where I'm at.
Whatever the Q&A team are working on; Stop. Get this combat bug fixed above all else. When casting and you get the message that you are busy with another action, it's a fucking arse hole. I'm writing my script very soon and this is a big draw.

[video=youtube;LrcGpQRyaXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrcGpQRyaXk[/video]

Forget everything, and get this fixed.

*cough* client side issue *cough*
I can't believe you went through years of playing this game, and never encountered this bug which has existed (and still does) since the dawn of existence.

First off, saying you don't care about the bug tracker / demanding priority because of a bug that affects you personally makes me see you in another light. Just saying.

Secondly, have you tried to get into contact with any of the GM's / Chero on IRC? Have you tried to submit a ticket? Have you any idea on when/why/how it occurs (providing information about a bug = getting it fixed quicker)? Have you tried any fixes? Do any of these fixes provide relief from the bug (logging out/deleting wdb/newclient)?

If you don't know how to report a bug, give this a read, it's super easy. http://www.twinstar.cz/bug-reports/?lang=en. At the very least visit #kronos-help on IRC to quickly get into contact with GMs/Chero.

This is not a combat bug. After some research I found out that this happens when you are trying to use a high level buff on low level players, like renew rank 9 on a level 25 warrior. This should not be possible, but it looks like our system to prevent it has a bug atm. While it is not fixed, I recommend you use buff ranks appropriate to your target's level.
On a sidenote: I understand that this seems like a huge bug to a level 60 priest running low level dungeons, but it's the first time I've heard about this.

This is not a combat bug. After some research I found out that this happens when you are trying to use a high level buff on low level players, like renew rank 9 on a level 25 warrior. This should not be possible, but it looks like our system to prevent it has a bug atm. While it is not fixed, I recommend you use buff ranks appropriate to your target's level.
On a sidenote: I understand that this seems like a huge bug to a level 60 priest running low level dungeons, but it's the first time I've heard about this.

So to summon it up, the text in the middle of the screen are wrong?
Or should the buff be greyed out?

I'm sure, that i have already commented this bug on bugtracker few weeks ago. But perhaps it got lost in time. The problem there is, that when you use high level buff on low level character, you get stucked and you can't cast anything with error message "Another action in progress". However, the correct behavior should be, that when you try to buff low level character with high level buff, you shoud get an error message "Target is too low level" or something like that and you should cast nothing.

This was changed during TBC, where trying to buff low level character with high level buff automaticaly choosed rank apropriate to your target level.

So this bug appears only for high level buffing classes (mage/druid/priest/paladin) boosting low level characters. In 60 level parties, there should be no problem with this.

Last edited:
If what other players are saying is true (sounds plausible) a temporary fix would be to use an addon that automatically down-ranks for you. (Is what I am using atm)

That is, actualy, the most common solution even without this bug. You don't want to have all ranks of buffs in your bars to be able to buff low lvl chars, you want to buff them with one click.

Deamit. I told you guys that the server needed atleast 1 more month of Beta Testing :p

I'm writing my script very soon and this is a big draw.
And you are who?

Press ESC a few times and you can continue casting like before. As Amrod says, it only happens for high level characters.

I've had this happen alot when a friend pulled me through instances. It was never game breaking and we could handle it fairly easy. Therefor I never bothered to report it so far.

I'm sure there is a bug tracker here, but right now I don't care
Whatever the Q&A team are working on; Stop.
I was surprised to see such a famous reviewer who's usually "calm" and mature to speak in such a tone. Got a star fever, Dodgykebaab? ;)

BTW, I haven't encountered this bug. Well, I'm a warrior, I don't buff anyone :D

Last edited:
And you are who?

Press ESC a few times and you can continue casting like before. As Amrod says, it only happens for high level characters.

I've had this happen alot when a friend pulled me through instances. It was never game breaking and we could handle it fairly easy. Therefor I never bothered to report it so far.

exactly this.
happens when you try to buff some lower level player.
press ESC afterwards and you are fine.

Last edited:
Is this really you, Dodgykebaab? :(

I know you had good intentions; you wanted to help the server by reporting a bug, you wanted the server to get a good review etc. But please remember that being a private server reviewer on YouTube does not put you at a higher priority than other members of the community.

Is this really you, Dodgykebaab? :(

I know you had good intentions; you wanted to help the server by reporting a bug, you wanted the server to get a good review etc. But please remember that being a private server reviewer on YouTube does not put you at a higher priority than other members of the community.

Yeah my bad, I was drinking last night and was in my high horse again.
Sorry I acted like a dick, because reading it back now - it was s dick think to write.

Back on topic, I think I have footage of this happening during a normal stratholm group (not boosting). I'll have to go back and have a rummage.

Anyway if everyone thinks this is normal then I'll let it pass. In a way though I'm glad I made a dick post on the forums and got told to stop being a nab, rather than make a huge cock up in the review. Every cloud has a silver lining right.

Yeah my bad, I was drinking last night and was in my high horse again.
Sorry I acted like a dick, because reading it back now - it was s dick think to write.

Back on topic, I think I have footage of this happening during a normal stratholm group (not boosting). I'll have to go back and have a rummage.

Anyway if everyone thinks this is normal then I'll let it pass. In a way though I'm glad I made a dick post on the forums and got told to stop being a nab, rather than make a huge cock up in the review. Every cloud has a silver lining right.
It's ok mate. We all love your videos :) I hope this bug get fixed soon.

If what other players are saying is true (sounds plausible) a temporary fix would be to use an addon that automatically down-ranks for you. (Is what I am using atm)

Could you tell me the name of this addon please?

If I remember correctly it's called "SmartHeal", don't have the files in front of me atm.

Top Bottom