• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mage Frost PvP Spec

frederik

Authorized
I want to twink a frost mage and looked at the talent trees. Frost has so many stuff that seems to be awesome that I just can't decide what to take. So my question is what are the key talents every frost mage should pick out of the frost tree. And what are some really useful talents from arcane or fire that are useful for frost mages too?

I mostly play solo so I group support is not that important. I chose frost because of the crowd control abilities. It cool to slow and freeze enemies constantly. So thats want I want to focus on. Not sure if that makes any sense :D
And world PvP is an important factor too.

I am level 21 currently. So I don't have much talent points to distribute. I just want to know what build to aim for.

Then I would go with something like this:
http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...052100200000000000000000000005053223112051301

Only difference is that you don't max out Permafrost and Improved Blizzard and instead take Piercing Ice for better burst.
If you think perma and imp blizz aren't worth it and you would like to have more crit + additional debuf on frostbolt then take Winter's Chill. Improved Fireblast is also an option for the 3 leftover points (if you do not take perma/blizz).

If you are still low level and look for a tree to PvP while leveling up, then go frost all the way and ignore all other trees.
For PvP same as PvE Frostbite and Shatter are you 2 best buddies. Once you are there try to get Iceblock and Icebarrier as soon as you can.
After that you can either keep maxing out your frost tree or go arcane directly to get Improved Counterspell earlier. I would go with frost all the way though. CS inline and you are fine :p

Sounds cool thanks. I will see whether I take Winter's Chill instead of Permafrost and Improved Blizzard. The improved chance to land a critical hit sounds awesome. I guess I will see later on whats better for me.

The improved chance to land a critical hit sounds awesome.
Yes, it really does at first glance.
Keep in mind that permafrost with imp blizzard can not be dispelled. Its a physical effect. It can also procc frostbite.

imp blizzard is amazing and a must, but no need to put 3.. even with 1-2 its the best cc in the game imo. If you want to make melees rage, kill them using nothing but r1 blizzard and fireblast, since itll take forever but theres very little counterplay (thats for 60 tho, r1 blizzards mana cost still pretty high for lower level)

The whole point about having 3/3 perma and blizz is that you get the stronges slow in the game. There is no other player ability that slows targets down 75%. Hamstringed targets are twice as fast.

The target you peel from can simply walk away even with crippling or wingclip up. Even without frostbites.
Another thing is, the slow only lasts very shortly (1.5 seconds). With 3/3 perma is lasts 4.5 seconds. Thats 75% for 4.5 seconds (AoE).

theres just no such thing as the best frost pvp spec. Everything outside of frost warding, precision, imp Cone, imp Blizz, arctic reach and winters chill is basic, it only depends on the individual which of these he prefers

Top Bottom