• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Gl Kronos Team...We are with you

Spufy

Authorized
Just wanna say Gl to all Kronos/Twinstar team and gonna say-We are with you...Dont give up.
PS:Dont except so manny ppl on beta test....that's good :smile:

It was 1200 right at the start. I will now write a small announcement. We will tell you once the server is coming back on again.
And obviously, thank you for your support.

Even though I'll probably play on Nos, this is to be expected, it's a beta test after all.

People shouldn't be so harsh on you guys, what you're doing is very admirable in my eyes, don't give up just keep trying.

+1

Hold the line ! I'm fine with beta problems, no big deal. As long as people are working behind the scenes to fix the problems it's all good, and they are.

Last edited:
6SDfOlk.jpg

Even though it's 11 PM ECT and server crashes every 5 minutes, we still have 400-500 people online :biggrin:

I've done some work on Trinity Core servers, with the worst example of a headache being the transition of an old server out of BC and installing WoTLK packages. Folks, this shit is not easy. And for anyone saying that errors causing crashes should have been found before this... You're living in a dream world.

The only way you're going to find the very, very vast number of sources of crashes is doing what the Twinstar team did today. Putting the server up for a live fire test with hundreds of players, all using different characters, levels, gears, and clickable items / consumables, all doing weird stuff in PvP and trying out complicated questlines and interactable objects.

It isn't pretty, it's a horrid mess to sort through, but you can't find this stuff with simulated tests or a small test player base. Every server using this high percentage of custom written code has to go through the same thing.

Edit - for Ironstar above, I had the opposite experience. I had 3 different plainstriders in the mulgore noob starting area giving me "that target is not in range" errors when I had my character attempting to cast level 1 Wrath at them at very close range. There was an obvious synch issue as a holdover from Mangos with where the strider NPC was located and where the server actually recognized its location. I have high hopes for the server and I want to test it more, but Valkyrie had similar issues fixed years ago.

Last edited:
It deserves to be bumped!

You have very hard time now, with all this new bugreports, all this new fixes (and time waste for duplicates, not-a-bugs and cancels - BTW, forum guys, can't you read http://www.twinstar.cz/bug-reports/?lang=en in order to make the devs life easier? :angry:). There're some hard work planned with dungeons I believe... Deadline is closer and closer, and everyone is talking about your shitty pseudocompetitor. But don't you ever despair!

[h=1]We believe in you, and wish you success with all heart (not just because we wanna play the greatest Vanilla!).
Gl Kronos Team...We are with you.[/h]

I had a somewhat sour reply up above, but a few weeks have passed since then. A LOT of fixes have happened since the initial Beta release, with the biggest fix being the stability issues. Chero, well-freakin'-done. The comment I had with strider issues has mostly cleared up with your last fix involving the rubber band - snap movement of mobs back to their positions as you first move into range of them. That was a superb piece of work!

I've completed all Mulgore, Durotar, Barrens, Stonetalon (yes, the Elite quests too), and Ashenvale quests that were meant for open world and weren't dungeon related. I also finished the quests for Ragefire Chasm and Wailing Caverns, and explored and quested a good bit in Arathi highlands, Desolace, Hillsbrad, Badlands (elite dragon quest worked fine for that sweet leather BP), 1000 needles, shimmering flats, and did druid & rogue quests up to level 20.

So much stuff working right man.... So much stuff. My bug reports are up, comments made to assist other reports, and I'm off to test Alliance side. I had a change of heart - I've played Horde since like, forever. I want an elf and two gnomes. It's time to try new stuff (for me). Can't wait for release.

Requires imagination to try to comprehend/appreciate this project.
Cheersx3 to everyone involved!

I'm definitely looking forward to playing here! :) Thanks for all your hard work Kronos staff. Stay the course!

No play 2-3 day's but im still in forum(no time for play).28 is soon and we are still here :smile:

Top Bottom