• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Grace Period for Battleground Queues

This suggestion is as strong as a PI zerker PoM piroz from Danielle! Would also allow you to log an alt quickly to send a mail or something!

I like that idea since you could have bad luck with a disconnect after sitting in que for a couple hours however grace should end the moment you log on an alt or the moment the join/cancel window pops up for a ready battleground as otherwise i think players will think up ways to abuse it.

I'd like to propose a 2 minute window before being offline drops you from a BG queue so that a random DC doesn't ruin group queueing.
We used to have that in the beginning of Kronos. Was super messy and had major bugs so it got scrapped again.
With correct session handling this should be covered aswell which is the preferable solution imo. i.e. your character stays online for X amount of time if you log out. Except a few cases this would cover up for DCs and BG Qs aswell.
What I am trying to say, figuratively speaking, is that it is preferable to heal the desease instead of lessening its symptoms.

It is a good idea though.

I like that idea since you could have bad luck with a disconnect after sitting in que for a couple hours however grace should end the moment you log on an alt or the moment the join/cancel window pops up for a ready battleground as otherwise i think players will think up ways to abuse it.

That would make this feature completely useless. What if the queue pops while you're DCd? Literally zero difference to the way it is now. Just simply apply deserter if the queue is not accepted when the queue pop timer runs out or the grace period ends, whichever comes first. If the character is offline when that happens then apply deserter if they login within 15 minutes of the grace period ending.

We used to have that in the beginning of Kronos. Was super messy and had major bugs so it got scrapped again.
With correct session handling this should be covered aswell which is the preferable solution imo. i.e. your character stays online for X amount of time if you log out. Except a few cases this would cover up for DCs and BG Qs aswell.
What I am trying to say, figuratively speaking, is that it is preferable to heal the desease instead of lessening its symptoms.

It is a good idea though.

I'd be happy with this solution as well.

That would make this feature completely useless. What if the queue pops while you're DCd? Literally zero difference to the way it is now.
Chances that the que pops the instant you get a disconnect are quite low unless there is a short que time in which case grace period has less reason of existing. logging in takes 10-30 seconds unless you are doing something else and if you have been sitting in the que for 30 minutes already 10-30 seconds aint much.

If however it prevents que from popping but instead forcibly keeps you in que then it can be used for que dodging and that would be an exploit. Not to mention this is no different than character staying online a few seconds after logout as lharts suggested which you liked. why is it no different ? if your character is online but you are offline you cant accept the que pop and in my suggestion it simply declines should the que pop within the grace period both of which mean if ur character is on but you are off it cannot accept the que pop and it won't skip the pop to wait for another either.

but as said by lharts grace was once used but it was messy and it would most likely require more work from the devs than its value.

Also applying deserter for not accepting a que pop is no solution as its a debuff meant for "desertion" not when a player doesnt answer the que pop and i can guarantee ya a couple vanilla purists will scream if such where to happen :)

Bump

The fact that you can't drop the queue anymore due to custom feature really fucks up premade vs premade games when some random DC's happen.. So we need another custom feature like this to fix this issue.

The fact that you can't drop the queue anymore due to custom feature really f**ks up premade vs premade games when some random DC's happen.. So we need another custom feature like this to fix this issue.
Optional separate q for prem plz
I have described a solution regarding queuing, which is good for both premades and normal players. I still suggest it, if anything custom.

I like dani's and dms' idea, seems usefull, but i think this can wait until after naxx

Last edited:
Top Bottom