• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Greetings!

Santia

Greetings, nice to meet you all!

I go by Santia in the MMO world and most likely will be joining Kronos promptly, as I have at last shook off the burden of educational matters! Anyhow, I have a couple of questions which I hope you could answer/persuade for me.

Firstly, having been away from the Warcraft world for a long time, I decided to begin my journey from the start of the path, well 1.12, and it seems there's a bit of competition with Nostarlius and Feenix. Could anyone point out the differences to me, I've seen some Youtube reviews and its quite difficult for a fledging like myself to determine the difference, as I didn't really begin retail until The Burning Crusade.

Secondly, I would like some advice on what to class to follow. I always enjoy healing and most likely will choose a priest, I have been reading a bit into the viability of specc's/classes in Vanilla and it seems somewhat shrouded of who did what, mainly the theme is that priests are the go to healers and druids/paladins are literally brought along for support(I.e innervate, blessings, battle ressing). So based on this should I just roll a priest if I wish to heal, or are druids/paladins just as viable?

Any help is appreciated, see you in game!

P.s One more thing, I completely forgot priests had unique racial spells in Vanilla/Tbc, could anyone remind me what they were (mainly alliance).Thanks!

Haha, actually my original character was a female dwarf priest...!

Seigar, the dodgykebab reviews are the ones I watched he mentioned some minor differences between the two servers, overall though Kronos seemed to come out on top.

Um, I understand priests are predominantly the go to healer class in Vanilla, I was more asking how druids and paladins fair against them.

Thanks

Haha, actually my original character was a female dwarf priest...!

Seigar, the dodgykebab reviews are the ones I watched he mentioned some minor differences between the two servers, overall though Kronos seemed to come out on top.

Um, I understand priests are predominantly the go to healer class in Vanilla, I was more asking how druids and paladins fair against them.

Thanks
In PvP or Healing ?

In PvE healing, not so much of a PvPer. I heard druids AoE healing is weak and are more needed for utility, whereas paladins are buffers/dispellers more than healers. This is just from sources/forums I've been browsing have never played Vanilla so just looking for some insight, thanks.

Definitely join kronos. I'm not being biased i'm just speaking in terms of how well server works and how good the community is. Kronos is by far the first server that actually is retail. Everything works. Dungeons classes pvp raids professions quests you name it. I am lvl 56 and so far i only found 3 or 4 bugs and those bugs aren't game breaking at all. Everything beside those 3 4 bugs work flawless! While on the other server you can't reach lvl 20 without bumping into several different bugs. I don't want to start on how the community is there. There are non exploits on kronos unlike on nos where people exploited like crazy and quite good chunk of them are filthy rich now because of exploits.
PS: To me playing on private server is pure abomination! I was only the retail kind of guy and when i saw kronos and now see how well it works man I can't quit playing! :D

Dwarf priests have Fear Ward and Desperate Prayer
Human priests have Feedback and Desperate Prayer
Night elf priests have Starshards and Elune's Grace

Greetings, nice to meet you all!

I go by Santia in the MMO world and most likely will be joining Kronos promptly, as I have at last shook off the burden of educational matters! Anyhow, I have a couple of questions which I hope you could answer/persuade for me.

Firstly, having been away from the Warcraft world for a long time, I decided to begin my journey from the start of the path, well 1.12, and it seems there's a bit of competition with Nostarlius and Feenix. Could anyone point out the differences to me, I've seen some Youtube reviews and its quite difficult for a fledging like myself to determine the difference, as I didn't really begin retail until The Burning Crusade.

Secondly, I would like some advice on what to class to follow. I always enjoy healing and most likely will choose a priest, I have been reading a bit into the viability of specc's/classes in Vanilla and it seems somewhat shrouded of who did what, mainly the theme is that priests are the go to healers and druids/paladins are literally brought along for support(I.e innervate, blessings, battle ressing). So based on this should I just roll a priest if I wish to heal, or are druids/paladins just as viable?

Any help is appreciated, see you in game!

P.s One more thing, I completely forgot priests had unique racial spells in Vanilla/Tbc, could anyone remind me what they were (mainly alliance).Thanks!

Welcome to Kronos! Like you, I have the feels in the nostalgia area and I too will be starting a character on Kronos as it seems to be the best place to be in the private server world. As I'll be playing retail too, I will be viewing Kronos as my alt instead of having one in retail WoW as it seems like a tremendous amount of work in retail to have an alt. Being an OG when it comes to WoW and thinking back to my raiding days (which were most hardcore in Vanilla and BC) I'd say a priest will be the most enjoyable. Fear ward and desperate prayer were tremendous utility and 'oh s&*t' spells to have in raids. Plus, being a bit biased here, I played a dwarf priest in WOTLK, Cata and MOP as my main and loved it (they're my fave race).

Paladins are more utility healers in Vanilla but still awesome to have in raids. Druids are also a support class for heals similar to shamans for the Horde (my opinion). Battle res is tremendous and still is in modern WoW. Either way, if you've got the passion to level a healer in Vanilla WoW you'll be hotly acquired for end game content.

I hope you get some more advice as I'm still a bit rusty with my Vanilla advice (I played a warrior) and enjoy what Kronos has to offer. Welcome and take care!

I can tell you for sure that Feenix is pure shit on the highest level, because I played there until level 40. About Nos the only thing I don't like for sure is the population, which is way too big for a single server. No idea about their bug status.

Now Kronos is really great, it exceeded my expectations. The population seems to be more active on the EU side though. It's not bug free, but it's by far the best private server I've seen.

Definitely join kronos. I'm not being biased i'm just speaking in terms of how well server works and how good the community is. Kronos is by far the first server that actually is retail. Everything works. Dungeons classes pvp raids professions quests you name it. I am lvl 56 and so far i only found 3 or 4 bugs and those bugs aren't game breaking at all. Everything beside those 3 4 bugs work flawless! While on the other server you can't reach lvl 20 without bumping into several different bugs. I don't want to start on how the community is there. There are non exploits on kronos unlike on nos where people exploited like crazy and quite good chunk of them are filthy rich now because of exploits.
PS: To me playing on private server is pure abomination! I was only the retail kind of guy and when i saw kronos and now see how well it works man I can't quit playing! :D

Hey thanks for the feedback, similar to you I would always stick to retail WoW, I remember when failing to finish SWP/BT in TBC I decided to go back and give it a second shot on a private server, this was many years ago and a dreadful experience however it seems private servers have come a long way since then, with the likes of Kronos.

Welcome to Kronos! Like you, I have the feels in the nostalgia area and I too will be starting a character on Kronos as it seems to be the best place to be in the private server world. As I'll be playing retail too, I will be viewing Kronos as my alt instead of having one in retail WoW as it seems like a tremendous amount of work in retail to have an alt. Being an OG when it comes to WoW and thinking back to my raiding days (which were most hardcore in Vanilla and BC) I'd say a priest will be the most enjoyable. Fear ward and desperate prayer were tremendous utility and 'oh s&*t' spells to have in raids. Plus, being a bit biased here, I played a dwarf priest in WOTLK, Cata and MOP as my main and loved it (they're my fave race).

Paladins are more utility healers in Vanilla but still awesome to have in raids. Druids are also a support class for heals similar to shamans for the Horde (my opinion). Battle res is tremendous and still is in modern WoW. Either way, if you've got the passion to level a healer in Vanilla WoW you'll be hotly acquired for end game content.

I hope you get some more advice as I'm still a bit rusty with my Vanilla advice (I played a warrior) and enjoy what Kronos has to offer. Welcome and take care!

Are you still finding retail enjoyable? Before I found this server I went ahead and purchased WoD, not having played retail since Cataclysm I felt like I was skipping huge chunks of lore and content so decided to give it a rest, hopefully retail will become a type of long term investment, or maybe I'll play it a long side Vanilla, like yourself.

Its great to see people are still so knowledgeable on Vanilla content, as it was over 10years ago, people must still love it! Yep, as boring it might be, I think I will play a priest even though that was my main throughout Vanilla, there is something appealing about remaking an old toon but from the beginning.

Thanks, hope to see you in game!

for the server choice is simple, you have to ask yourself if you prefer quality (kronos) or quantity (nos)
after i tried both servers my choice was kronos because the population allow you to do everything like nos but
with better quality.

Hey thanks for the feedback, similar to you I would always stick to retail WoW, I remember when failing to finish SWP/BT in TBC I decided to go back and give it a second shot on a private server, this was many years ago and a dreadful experience however it seems private servers have come a long way since then, with the likes of Kronos.

Are you still finding retail enjoyable? Before I found this server I went ahead and purchased WoD, not having played retail since Cataclysm I felt like I was skipping huge chunks of lore and content so decided to give it a rest, hopefully retail will become a type of long term investment, or maybe I'll play it a long side Vanilla, like yourself.

Its great to see people are still so knowledgeable on Vanilla content, as it was over 10years ago, people must still love it! Yep, as boring it might be, I think I will play a priest even though that was my main throughout Vanilla, there is something appealing about remaking an old toon but from the beginning.

Thanks, hope to see you in game!

Thanks man! Vanilla was such a good hook for me. It got me into the novels and although I don't read them any more, it gave me a much better immersion in game. I did only read the Well of Eternity series but it was thoroughly enjoyable. I've played every expansion but as I've gotten older, it's become more of a recreation as opposed to a lifestyle when I was young and in university.

As for finding retail enjoyable, I'm sure I'll find WoD enjoyable but as I'm so late to the party because I've been overseas, I'm not sure I'll get to raid like I wanted to. On some level, all expansions have been enjoyable for me but by far, my favourite was the Burning Crusade for sure. I think playing on Kronos instead of an alt in retail will be the best way to experience Kronos as I'll play with rested experience, making levelling not as arduous as it once was. Being from Australia, I know the population will be quite small but I'm certain I'll still find groups for any content requiring cooperation.

As for seeing me in game, perhaps you will lol. I'm going to make 3 characters and narrow it down to one by about level 20 I think. Gnome mage (Dun Morogh is by far the best starting zone IMO), Human warlock and Night elf priest. Exciting times ahead!

Yeah I read some of the novels, a long time ago the one about Thrall's journey and childhood in Nagrand really got me psyched for TBC. Yep, I think I am underestimating how slow levelling was on Vanilla, I remember back in the day I was so fickle I got almost every class to around 30-40 before pushing to 60, it literally took around a year to get a main to end game.

I imagine playing on oceanic times is going to be a nightmare for raiding, unless your an extremely early morning type of person! Yeah im going to attempt to level just one character but I know alts are just naturally going to spring up!

Well I will be playing a priest, dwarf or night elf not sure and my nickname will be Santia(If its not taken), starting tonight, see you ingame!

I imagine playing on oceanic times is going to be a nightmare for raiding, unless your an extremely early morning type of person!

There are some oceanic guilds advertising tho, so I guess you will be fine about finding groups :wink:
Welcome!

Yeah I read some of the novels, a long time ago the one about Thrall's journey and childhood in Nagrand really got me psyched for TBC. Yep, I think I am underestimating how slow levelling was on Vanilla, I remember back in the day I was so fickle I got almost every class to around 30-40 before pushing to 60, it literally took around a year to get a main to end game.

I imagine playing on oceanic times is going to be a nightmare for raiding, unless your an extremely early morning type of person! Yeah im going to attempt to level just one character but I know alts are just naturally going to spring up!

Well I will be playing a priest, dwarf or night elf not sure and my nickname will be Santia(If its not taken), starting tonight, see you ingame!

LOL, I'm not keen enough to get up and raid Vanilla content that early ha ha. But, honestly, UBRS was sweet in Vanilla and that would be close enough to raiding for me unless I can access an Oceanic guild to get into MC and BWL. BWL is one of my all time favourites!

Santia, I'll copy down your name and add you as a friend in game if it's not taken. PM me on the forums if it is and I'll know what name you've got instead. See you in game hopefully!

- - - Updated - - -

There are some oceanic guilds advertising tho, so I guess you will be fine about finding groups :wink:
Welcome!

That's good to know man. Us Aussies are keen to get the Vanilla stuff happening! Aus, NZ, Singapore, Thailand we all have love for Vanilla ha ha. Thanks for the welcome!

Im in game now, level 9 dwarf priest. First impressions the population is perfect, quests are easy to complete but usually there is someone to team up with if needed, gives the world a living feeling! I'm not overly fussed about raiding just going to take my time and enjoy the lower dungeons too. Hey I was trying to take a screenshot and it wouldn't show up in my Warcraft folder, I'm using the kronos client does anyone else know where my screenies might be going? Thanks

Im in game now, level 9 dwarf priest. First impressions the population is perfect, quests are easy to complete but usually there is someone to team up with if needed, gives the world a living feeling! I'm not overly fussed about raiding just going to take my time and enjoy the lower dungeons too. Hey I was trying to take a screenshot and it wouldn't show up in my Warcraft folder, I'm using the kronos client does anyone else know where my screenies might be going? Thanks

Hello, for me they simply end up in the Vanilla WoW folder under screenshots - but they were saved in a weird format called tga which is not supported by the normal windows photo viewer. Is this your issue or do they simply not show up at all?

I get the notification saying screenshot captures but there is no folder, I manually made a screenshot folder but still they didn't show up inside

I get the notification saying screenshot captures but there is no folder, I manually made a screenshot folder but still they didn't show up inside

i dont know which operation system you have
but in any microsoft windows OS the screenshot folder is automaticaly created in main folder where you extracted game and where file wow.exe is located

so you can try in your OS function search (without quotation marks:smile:) "wow.exe" or direct some screenshot "*.tga" after that you will see path where files are located

if you downloaded game from torrent here on web, you have had extract the file first and this is main folder where all files are

saving the game file from torrent in "documents" or "downloads" folders you can prevent some problems with modifying realmlist etc.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to Kronos! I hope you will enjoy your stay, we work hard to give you guys the best environment we possibly can, with help of our players of course!

I would suggest dwarf as your race, because not only do they have stoneform but also fear ward which is amazing for both PvP and PvE and we should not forget about desperate prayer..

I wish you best of luck with your journey around Azeroth!

Thanks for the help, the screenshots were going into my downloads rather than where I copied the game into programme files, should of thought of that, whoops.

Hey Dudez, I chose dwarf already night elf would of been nice for levelling with that extra dot but oh well. I am currently looking for a meat shield to take out that pesky yeti Vargash. See you in Azeroth! :)

...where I copied the game into programme files,...

thats it!

if you move/copy whole folder of game to (example) downloads folder, you solve the problem:
when you take a screenshot, the game automaticaly create folder screenshot in main folder of game - this is forbidden in Programme files due to protection of OS, in user folder aka documents, downloads, video, music, desktop... is this allowed so whole game folder can be located here and game after that MUST run flawlessly! =)

enjoy!
=)
hope see you ingame!

Last edited:
Top Bottom