• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior [GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

Storfan

This is a comprehensive guide that I made for a certain "other" private server that was taken down a few months back (You all know which one), and thus some items may or may not be entirely correct due to different progress in terms of content and item release. This also means that proc-rates of various items have NOT been tested for Kronos (yet) but I aim to do that.

The items are listed in order-of-value, meaning higher up the list is better. Some items can be moved up and down the list depending on other gear choices, set-bonuses, hitcap etc.

Specs and talents:
- Cookie cutter (17/34) Fury build
- Alternative (17/34) fury build with Piercing howl
- 2handed fury (20/31) build

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEAR:

Helms:
- Lionheart Helm (BoE, crafted by BS) - BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Champion's Plate Helm (PvP Rank10 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Mask of the Unforgiven (The Unforgiven, Strat-Living)

Necks:
- Beads of Ogre Might (Quest reward Tier 0.5 quest chain).
- Mark of Fordring (Quest reward, Tirion Fordring quest chain, EPL).
- Imperial Jewel (Emperor, BRD).
- Will of the Martyr (Quest reward, Aurius' Reckoning, Strat-Living/UD).

Shoulders:
- Truestrike Shoulders (Pyroguard Emberseer, UBRS).
- Abyssal Leather/Mail/Plate Epaulets (Silithus 5man bosses and/or AH)
- Razorsteel Shoulders (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Take the trinket instead!
- Black Dragonscale Shoulders (BoE, Crafted by LW). Only viable when combined with other set pieces!
- Champion's Plate Shoulders (PvP Rank10 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Defiler's Plate Spaulders (AB, exalted).

Cloaks:
- Earthweave Cloak (Quest/Badge-reward, Friendly Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Cape of the Black Baron (Baron Rivendare, Strat-UD).
- Deathguard's Cloak (AB, exalted).

Chests:
- Breastplate of Heroism (BoP, Tier 0.5 quest)
- Savage Gladiator Chain (Gorosh the Dervish, BRD arena event)
- Black Dragonscale Breastplate (BoE, Crafted by LW) Only viable when combined with other set pieces!
- Legionnaire's Plate Hauberk (PvP Rank8 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Breastplate of Bloodthirst (Quest reward, Everlook).
- Ogre Forged Hauberk (Tribute chest, DM-North).
- Deathdealer Breastplate (Vault of the seven, BRD).
- Cadaverous Armor (Several bosses, Scholo).

Bracers:
- Berserker Bracers (WSG exalted).
- Battleborn Armbraces (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS).

Gloves:
- Edgemaster's Handguards (BoE) BiS for all races until Gauntlets of Annihilation
- Gargoyle Slashers (Kirtonos the Herald, Scholomance)
- Devilsaur Gauntlets (BoE, Crafter by LW) Combine with Leggings for set-bonus!
- Voone's Vice Grips (Quest reward, LBRS).
- Reiver Claws (Overlord Wyrmthalak, LBRS).

Belt:
- Brigam Girdle (General Drakkisath, UBRS).
- Omokk's Girth Restrainer (Quest reward, LBRS).
- Defiler's Plate Girdle (AB, Honored).

Legs:
- Titanic Leggings (BoE, crafted by BS) - BiS until Legplates of Carnage from Naxx.
- Cloudkeeper Legplates (BoE).
- Devilsaur Leggings (BoE, Crafted by LW) Combine with Gloves for set-bonus!
- Abyssal Leather/Mail/Plate Legplates (BoE, Silithus 5man bosses and/or AH)
- Legionnaire's Plate Leggings Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!

Boots:
- Boots of Heroism (BoP, Tier 0.5 quest)
- Bloodmail Boots (Mini-bossesin Gandlings room, Scholo).
- Black Dragonscale Boots (BoE, Crafted by LW) Only viable when combined with other set pieces!
- Pads of the Dread Wolf (Halycon, LBRS).
- Battlechaser's Greaves (BoE).
- Swiftwalker Boots (Princess Moira Bronzebeard, BRD).

Ring #1:
- Don Julio's Band (AV, Exalted).
- Band of Earthen Might (Quest/Badge-reward, Honored rep, Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Blackstone Ring (Princess Theradras, Maraudon).
- Tarnished Elven Ring (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).

Ring #2:
- Don Julio's Band (AV, Exalted).
- Band of Earthen Might (Quest/Badge-reward, Honored rep, Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Blackstone Ring (Princess Theradras, Maraudon).
- Tarnished Elven Ring (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).

Trinket #1:
- Hand of Justice (Emperor, BRD) BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom (Quest reward, elementals deck, Darkmoon Faire).
- Earthstrike (Quest/Badge-reward, Exalted rep Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Diamond Flask (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Used for fights lasting around 1min.
- Blackhand's Breadth (Quest reward, UBRS).
- Rune of the Guard Captain (Quest reward, Jintha'alor, Hinterlands) HORDE ONLY!

Trinket #2:
- Hand of Justice (Emperor, BRD) BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom (Quest reward, elementals deck, Darkmoon Faire).
- Earthstrike (Quest/Badge-reward, Exalted rep Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Diamond Flask (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Used for fights lasting around 1min.
- Blackhand's Breadth (Quest reward, UBRS).
- Rune of the Guard Captain (Quest reward, Jintha'alor, Hinterlands) HORDE ONLY!

Mainhand Weapon:
- Ironfoe (Emperor, BRD). With Devilsaur set and not with Edgemasters.
- Persuader (BoE, Crafted by BS)
- Ebon Hand (BoE, Crafted by BS).
- Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS). Combine with OH for 50ap set-bonus!
- Krol Blade (BoE) As Human and/or with Edgemasters.
- Axe of the Deep Woods As Orc and/or with Edgemasters.
- Frostbite (AV, Revered).
- Thrash Blade (Quest reward, Desolace/Maraudon).

Offhand Weapon:
- Ebon Hand (BoE, Crafted by BS).
- Felstriker (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS).
- Dal'Rend's Tribal Guardian (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS). Combine with MH for 50ap set-bonus!
- Thrash Blade (Quest reward, Desolace/Maraudon). With Ironfoe as MH!
- Flurry Axe (BoE) As Orc.
- The Lobotomizer (AV, Exalted).
- Mirah's Song (Quest reward, Scholo).
- Bonescraper (Baron Rivendare, Strat-UD).

Ranged:
- Satyr's Bow (Zevrim Thornhoof, DM-East).
- Blackcrow (Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin, LBRS).

2h-Weapon:
- The Unstoppable Force (AV, exalted).
- Treant's Bane (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).
- Brain Hacker (BoE).
- Barbarous Blade (King Gordok, DM-North).
- Ice Barbed Spear (Quest reward. AV).
- Warblade of Caer Darrow (Quest reward, Scholomance).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENCHANTS:

Helm:
- 1% Haste.
- 8 str.

Shoulders:
- 5 all resistances.
- 5 fire resistance.

Cloak:
- 3 agi.

Chest:
- 4 all stats.

Bracers:
- 9 str.

Gloves:
- 1% Haste.
- 7str

Legs:
- 1% Haste..
- 8 str.

Boots:
- 8% run speed increase. (Mobility is alot better than 7agi).

Mainhand Weapon:
- Crusader (No question about this one).

Offhand Weapon 2.0 Speed or slower:
- Crusader

Offhand Weapon 1.9 Speed or faster:
- 15str (due to the PPM-nature of Crusader, and offhand not producing any special attacks that arent affected by PPM, 15str is probably the better choice for fast Offhands).

2h Weapon:
- Crusader
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Great to see you here Storfan! :biggrin: Any chance that you will be updating the Fury Warrior spreadsheet for Kronos?

Nice to see informative threads on Kronos forums and #RefugeesWelcome

As mentioned above many items are available. Silithus grind cloak and ring, dungeon 2 boots and chest, as well as craftable leggings and two maces. (Silithus/Dungeon2 set are not available in k2 yet)

Last edited:
Sbd has to explain this haste calculation to me.
Given a normal fight on Kronos (Time ~40sec).
2.9 1H Wep with constant flurry up.
=> 2.9*0.75-2.9*0.75*0.98 = 0.0435
That times 40 equals 1.74. So effectively whe get half a hit more per weapon, per bossfight. Is that really worth more my big crits with an extra of 17.4*2 AP?

cheers!

Well i think STR is superior in our gear level.
%3 speed vs 23*1.25*2=57.5 AP
This increases your whites and yellows alike, as well as increasing your rage gain consistently.

Still, when you consider flurry, juju flurry, battle chicken etc, you may get in an extra attack or two in a short bossfight.

The logic here is that, that 1-2 extra attacks would be better than having that extra AP. Personally i favor AP due to consistency and better rageflow, but when you have a naxx level ragefeeding offhander haste would most likely be better.

Last edited:
I'm positive your 3% haste will never outscale the 58 AP I get from proper enchants, seeing as BT/WW/OP are pretty good skills to use. Especially on encounters where you have to move.

Does this mean you are back?

Also, Titanic Legplates are on this server so you can add those to pre-raid BiS. And Persuader for MH should be added as well.

Pre-raid belt: Brigam Girdle

Pre-raid boots: Boots of Heroism and Bloodmail Boots

Remember this server has the 1.11 items and 5 man / T0.5/T1/T2 upgrades already.

I'm not sure yet. I had a break after Nostalrius shut down and went to try retail again (Got to lvl95 and hated it). I heard alot of good things about Kronos and decided to give it a shot. I've added these items now.

Great to see you here Storfan! :biggrin: Any chance that you will be updating the Fury Warrior spreadsheet for Kronos?
We'll see. Honestly my skills in excel are rather limited and I'm sure Vido can do a better job than I can. Perhaps I'll post the sheet with Feenix/Nost-calculations and let others have a go at it.

Nice to see informative threads on Kronos forums and #RefugeesWelcome

As mentioned above many items are available. Silithus grind cloak and ring, dungeon 2 boots and chest, as well as craftable leggings and two maces. (Silithus/Dungeon2 set are not available in k2 yet)

These have now been added. Thank you for your additions.

I'm positive your 3% haste will never outscale the 58 AP I get from proper enchants, seeing as BT/WW/OP are pretty good skills to use. Especially on encounters where you have to move.

I have no real-world proof or testing to prove either way so you may very well be right. I go by what my old spreadsheet told me (which as stated above go by Feenix/nost-stats). In current content, and especially with BoK you are probably right, while I do believe 3% haste gets superior atleast by AQ and onward due to the scaling nature of %-based stats.

EDIT: Please report this thread for sticky if you find it useful!

Last edited:
Beads of Ogre might are imo preraid bis due to the lack of hit until you acquire items like DFT. They are part of the tier .5 questline http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22150

I'd also bump up Darkmoon card maelstrom because on Kronos it procs a crazy amount which makes it the best 2nd trinket after HoJ when Diamond Flask isn't viable due to fight length or on CD

Beads of Ogre might are imo preraid bis due to the lack of hit until you acquire items like DFT. They are part of the tier .5 questline http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22150

I'd also bump up Darkmoon card maelstrom because on Kronos it procs a crazy amount which makes it the best 2nd trinket after HoJ when Diamond Flask isn't viable due to fight length or on CD

The neck has now been added at the top of the list and the trinket has been moved up.

DMC: Mael does proc a lot here, as do all procs, which they did in 2005, hince my Rogue Proc build topping meters back in the day.

That being said. For DPS Second trinket Earthstrike > Flask > DMC: Maelstrom (with world buffs) / Blackhands (without world buffs). If you have Ebon hand, then DMC: Maelstrom beats Blackhands regardless of buffs.

Earthstrike is better than Flask depending on fight length. Flask is 75str (150ap) for 1 minute. Compare this with Earthstrike which is 280 AP for 20 seconds and you can see that flask becomes better than Earthstrike after 37.33 seconds. If you add deathwish to this with Earthstrike you get effectively 280 x 1.2 = 336ap for 20 seconds. Comparing this with Flask under the same circumstances you get 150 x 1.2 = 180ap for 30 seconds, followed by 150 ap for the remaining 30 seconds. This makes Earthstrike superior to Diamond Flask for fights that last 38.8 seconds or shorter.

(If Kings effects Flask that changes all this math but I have not tested that. If ZG buff effects it as well this changes the math even further)

TLDR Earthstrike>Flask if fight length is 39 seconds or faster

An item I think a lot of people forget about are the Gargoyle Slashers from Kirtonos in Scholomance. Definitely one of the best pre-raid gloves IMO.

And on Edgemaster's... It's no doubt that they are BiS in T1, but I don't think they are in T2. Weapon skill cap is properly implemented here unlike Nost, so cap is 310 as opposed to the 315 Nost had. So I'm 99% sure that Maladath + Flameguard at 309 skill beats whatever offhand with Edgemasters. This is for humans only, of course. Edgemasters should be BiS for every other race.

Can't link anything ATM since I'm on mobile, will try to when I get home.

Earthstrike is better than Flask depending on fight length. Flask is 75str (150ap) for 1 minute. Compare this with Earthstrike which is 280 AP for 20 seconds and you can see that flask becomes better than Earthstrike after 37.33 seconds. If you add deathwish to this with Earthstrike you get effectively 280 x 1.2 = 336ap for 20 seconds. Comparing this with Flask under the same circumstances you get 150 x 1.2 = 180ap for 30 seconds, followed by 150 ap for the remaining 30 seconds. This makes Earthstrike superior to Diamond Flask for fights that last 38.8 seconds or shorter.

(If Kings effects Flask that changes all this math but I have not tested that. If ZG buff effects it as well this changes the math even further)

TLDR Earthstrike>Flask if fight length is 39 seconds or faster

An item I think a lot of people forget about are the Gargoyle Slashers from Kirtonos in Scholomance. Definitely one of the best pre-raid gloves IMO.

And on Edgemaster's... It's no doubt that they are BiS in T1, but I don't think they are in T2. Weapon skill cap is properly implemented here unlike Nost, so cap is 310 as opposed to the 315 Nost had. So I'm 99% sure that Maladath + Flameguard at 309 skill beats whatever offhand with Edgemasters. This is for humans only, of course. Edgemasters should be BiS for every other race.

Can't link anything ATM since I'm on mobile, will try to when I get home.

Added trinket and gloves.

Is thrash blades procrate bugged on this server? (as in it is too high)

Is there any point in trying to use it with ironfoe instead of brutality blade?

310 gives glancing blow damage reduction down to around 5% (instead of around half with 300 weapon skill vs lvl 63 mob)

However, 315 provides 10% chance to glancing blow. Remember that glancing blows prevent crit. So 300 weapon skill vs lvl 63 is 40% chance to glancing blow (cannot crit), 305 is 30%, 310 is 20% and 315 is 10% (minimum attainable).

Keep in mind this only effects white hits. My warriors do by far the majority of their damage in yellow hits, even including windfury procs.

The damage penalty of a glancing blow scales at a different rate, meaning 310 means you still glance at 20% but the damage fall off is almost neutralized. So going from 310 to 315 is about gaining 10% more of your hits that can crit.

310 gives glancing blow damage reduction down to around 5% (instead of around half with 300 weapon skill vs lvl 63 mob)

However, 315 provides 10% chance to glancing blow. Remember that glancing blows prevent crit. So 300 weapon skill vs lvl 63 is 40% chance to glancing blow (cannot crit), 305 is 30%, 310 is 20% and 315 is 10% (minimum attainable).

Keep in mind this only effects white hits. My warriors do by far the majority of their damage in yellow hits, even including windfury procs.

The damage penalty of a glancing blow scales at a different rate, meaning 310 means you still glance at 20% but the damage fall off is almost neutralized. So going from 310 to 315 is about gaining 10% more of your hits that can crit.

Source please.

common vanilla glancing blow knowledge, im not gonna source anything, you all should know this stuff by now.

Met a warrior in onslaught today that didn't know what glancing blows were. Pretty sure it was an alt given his gear, but kinda embarassing either way tbh.

Is thrash blades procrate bugged on this server? (as in it is too high)

Is there any point in trying to use it with ironfoe instead of brutality blade?
If the proc shows up in combatlog it should be very easy to test with the addon 'Procwatch'. On other servers I've played only Ironfoe has shown up in combatlog due to gaining the "dwarven speech buff".
common vanilla glancing blow knowledge, im not gonna source anything, you all should know this stuff by now.
Agreed. All this stuff is available on wowwiki. It would be interesting though knowing for sure how close Kronos is to the real deal.
Met a warrior in onslaught today that didn't know what glancing blows were. Pretty sure it was an alt given his gear, but kinda embarassing either way tbh.
This is very common. Many people here come from retail and never played vanilla and thus never encountered weaponskill as a stat.

Well your sources are wrong then.

You'll always get glancing blows, but increased weapon skill will diminish the penalty in damage done, full damage glancing blows if you will.

Stick to shaman.

Well your sources are wrong then.

You'll always get glancing blows, but increased weapon skill will diminish the penalty in damage done, full damage glancing blows if you will.

Stick to shaman.

How is this different to anything I said. Stick to your native tongue.

Top Bottom