• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Heal vs Tank

AndrewFromHD

I cannot decide between healing and tanking. I am level 60, and I am just messing around thinking if paladin is worth any more. Some months ago I posted something about "Levelling a Paladin", now I would like to ask for suggestions once again. What would you recommend?

Why not both? Healing as paladin almost entirely depends on gear. Tanking too. I tanked every 5 man instance as holy paladin in defense gear and just used Holy Shock as kind of taunt. It worked perfectly well. I did not try it in UBRS though.

You could just use a hybrid build like 20/31/0. I am sure this would work out. Just change your gear depending on the situation. I never tried raid tanking though.

The build I am using right now for healing and tanking is 33/18/0. In my defense gear no healer ever complained that I would take too much damage so I guess its okay. And threat hasn't been a problem either so far with a group that doesn't go full leeroy.

What helps with pulling if you don't have Holy Shock or engineering is Crystal Charge. For additional threat you can use Crystal Spire.

Holy paladins are always in demand end game so you can't go wrong rolling one. As for tanking, if you are specced right, have some decent gear and follow some of frederik's advice with using consumes for extra threat you should have no problem tanking any five man.

My main question right now is: how can I survive vs mobs or players when I want to farm professions, for example. I played with the holy spec, and I had a few cloth items? I nearly died to a level 36 elite.

My main question right now is: how can I survive vs mobs or players when I want to farm professions, for example. I played with the holy spec, and I had a few cloth items? I nearly died to a level 36 elite.

Being a holy paladin does not mean that you have to run around in heal gear all the time. I levelled up as holy and had no problems at all. Just put on some warrior gear. You don't really need a big mana pool when you are playing alone. Besides if mobs die faster you need less mana for heals and seals. On lower levels just focus on strength and some stamina. Get a good and slow weapon and use Seal of the Crusader. Later on you can add some agility. Keep the heal gear you come across for instances.

A good weapon really make a huge difference. Always keep it updated. Here are the ones I had when levelling up. Those are all instance drops and quest rewards in case you're short on gold:

Smite's Mighty Hammer
Verigan's Fist
Corpsemaker
Bonebiter
Stoneslayer or Rockpounder
Gatorbite Axe or Princess Theredras' Cepter

The last two aren't that important. Stoneslayer and The Rockpounder are viable until you go BRD which enables you to get a whole lot of other good stuff. Also when reaching 52 you can complete the AV quest to get Ice Barbed Spear which is awesome at this level.

Top Bottom