• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Hitbox

Hawksworth

Does anyone else feel like they are standing too close to mobs to have to fight them?

On my Tauren I almost have to be standing on top of them to be in range. When I'm fighting a wolf for example my 2h weapon looks like it is hitting the back of the wolf, also when it attacks me it's forward lunging motion means it's head goes right through my character and the jaws become visible through his back.

I tried an undead warrior also but I still feel I am standing very close. I remember on retail I did not have to be right up against a mob to connect with it.

Regards

I read the comment about calculating range based on the edge of the circle and I like that idea. However, I've noticed two things about this "feature" when compared with my experience with ED.

1. On ED, if I was running away to survive, mobs could still catch up and regularly attack, leading to my death. On Kronos, I can half-kite some mobs without any slowing effects due to this "feature", and that's nice when I'm trying to get away.

2. On ED, I would be getting hit from a mile away by a mob that I could not see. This sucked. I'd rather (as a tank) be right on top of everything and have everyone's attention.

So while a mild adjustment could be in order, I don't see this as a major bug.

You have to also view it from a pvp standpoint though. There it is a major bug if melee characters have a shorter than normal range.

Nimrod showed in the post that it was not an issue after all.
Later he found that some player models had smaller hitboxes and therefor a smaller range.

He adjusted this, so now it should be fine again for everyone.

On my Tauren I almost have to be standing on top of them to be in range.

It's old bug. Absolutely blizzlike.
That's why tauren warriors used Savory Deviate Delight during most encounters.
Also, there was/is bug on Lady Vasjh, when taurens can evade fear from striders using this mechanic.

Top Bottom