• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Horde-Orc-Warrior] Leveling Test

x1a0

Authorized
Finally got time for Kronos Beta :w00t:
I am leveling with VanillaGuide addon - it's great!

Just want to say Great job Kronos!

1-6 Durotar

All quests are fine.

I felt it was easy when killing mobs though. I was Lv5 and accidentally engaged with 3 lv4 mobs. I thought I was dying but actually I killed them without feeling dangerous... then I tried a lv7 mob (I'm lv5) and I got 1/4 HP left when it's dead. I might be wrong though cuz I don't remember how it was like as a low level warrior... :p

6-9 Durotar

All quests are fine ( [A solvent Spirit] cannot be returned in beta ).

Mob pathing problem: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=4045

9-12 Durotar

All quests are fine.

12-15 Barrens

To be continued...

Last edited:
I think, that new level scaling system have decreased dmg output of all NPCs by 1/3. I was in scholomance and i got hits for 170 to leather from elites which seems to me too low. Even though we had good gear, we handled 2-3 packs without greater problems without any CCs. That should not be the case. We even pulled rattlegore with 3 additional adds and handled them without any problem. And we had tank in PvP set with 2H sword!

I think, that new level scaling system have decreased dmg output of all NPCs by 1/3. I was in scholomance and i got hits for 170 to leather from elites which seems to me too low. Even though we had good gear, we handled 2-3 packs without greater problems without any CCs. That should not be the case. We even pulled rattlegore with 3 additional adds and handled them without any problem. And we had tank in PvP set with 2H sword!

Im sure this will be fixed before release. A warrior with two same level mobs should be in dire straights.

Im sure this will be fixed before release. A warrior with two same level mobs should be in dire straights.

Not necessarily and especially not in the starting areas where it's actually fairly hard to die. Also depends on the kind of mobs. If they were clothies then the warrior would likely chew through them pretty quick.

Is there a new level scaling system implemented? I've done some damage testing and I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, but I could be wrong. Did some quick testing at lvl 1 in durotar, and the mobs there seem to hit the right amount.

2 same level mobs? Arghh mate come on. Its vanilla tanking 2 mobs is normal even in vanilla :p 3+ Thats where its more WoTLK stylish

Dont forget a 1k+ healing paladin on top of that, so around 2.5k every 2.5s.

I was Lv5 and accidentally engaged with 3 lv4 mobs. I thought I was dying but actually I killed them without feeling dangerous...

WoW being WoW? Vile Familiars? Fellurkers? Vile Familiars have low hp and low armor and have cast delays.

As for the later dungeons maybe people are just using better sense when gearing? Back in the day as late as AQ I remember people were leveling and doing 5 man dungeons in random greens with warriors itemizing spirit and hunters spell power for arcane shot and other stupid stuff.

I have now tryed my 22 lvl warrior and while beating 25 lvl raptor, i lost 2/3 of my HP. I have a bit better gear than average player will have (blue weapons and 2 pieces of armor) so i don't know. If damage is low, then it's not much lower than it should be.

2 same level mobs? Arghh mate come on. Its vanilla tanking 2 mobs is normal even in vanilla :p 3+ Thats where its more WoTLK stylish

I meant to say that tanking 2 mobs at a higher level can be hard. You'll probably lose a large chunk of.HP. 3+ is where the danger sets in and cooldowns / potions happen. 4 without feeling dangered seems unrealistic if all mobs are yellow.

At a higher level, 2 mobs should be okay. But melees at low level don't really have many choices... I once played a rogue. When level < 10, fighting 2 mobs at my level is very hard without potion.

But rogue have much harder time than war without talents. With them, it changes.

At a higher level, 2 mobs should be okay. But melees at low level don't really have many choices... I once played a rogue. When level < 10, fighting 2 mobs at my level is very hard without potion.

Rogues also don't have dual-wield at that stage. That's pretty significant.

Top Bottom