• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

<Horde> What classes are needed?

On horde side, people scream for Tanks in the general chat during the busy hours like it's going out of style. Seriously. My main is a tank, and I can absolutely, NO PROBLEM, put a group together for whatever I need as long as it isn't the off hours.

Doing it on my DPS character is substantially, much much harder.

tanks because the gameplay for tanking in vanilla is so tedious and annoying that nobody wants to do it. unlike live where it feels just like dps

Tanks are definitely heavily in demand. Although no one seems willing accept druid tanks. So basically prot wars are needed.

Tanks are definitely heavily in demand. Although no one seems willing accept druid tanks. So basically prot wars are needed.

Pft, Druid tanks are better if not the same as prot warriors at filling the role of tank.

Either way, what is needed is tanks.

You're obviously not a healer.

I play a shaman. I am not specced resto but I heal in dungeons with decent healing gear more times then I dps in dungeons.

Sure with a Druid tank I tend to use more mana per encounter. But they still make good tanks. Majority of Druid tanks I have played with have held aggro better then warriors on most occasions.

Last edited:
Sure with a Druid tank I tend to use more mana per encounter. But they still make good tanks. Majority of Druid tanks I have played with have held aggro better then warriors on most occasions.

I have to agree that druid is better for tanking multiple mobs, but i would have not say that he's better tank than warrior overall.

I have to agree that druid is better for tanking multiple mobs, but i would have not say that he's better tank than warrior overall.

Which ever is better is another discussion for another time. I'll just say there is nothing wrong with druid tanks and they do the job well enough. Lets not turn this into another class v class thread :p.

You're obviously not a healer.

As I'm leveling up as a feral druid and tanking instances, I'd say you are only partially right. If a druid and warrior of equal skill, level, and gear quality are both going to tank an instance that is NOT a raid (5 or 10 man content), both are going to end up doing just fine. I will agree that the druid does not have parry and block which gives the warrior a tremendous level of *avoidance* over the druid.

For the druid's part, however, lumping up on raw AC and Health is extremely easy during the early to mid level game, and while they take more hits than the warrior due to the lower avoidance, they gain threat much, much more easily due to increased rage generation from an early talent (bonus rage w/ crits) as well as the ability to toss on Regrowth + Rejuv right after striking a target with Wrath for the pull on a mob pack that would be challenging to deal with.

I wouldn't want to heal a druid tank in a raid unless it's a gimmick fight (ZG: Jin'do). I wouldn't want to heal either a druid OR a warrior in early game instances when you inspect your tank and see that over half of his slots are greens that are 9+ levels in age in comparison to their actual level. That kind of thing makes life hard for any healer, which is probably what you're encountering.

Yeah, that's exactly what we've been talking about (in a less explicit way).

Top Bottom