• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How can we help spread awareness?

I've found that there are a lot of people in retail WoW who pine for Vanilla. Many of whom are not informed about private servers like Kronos. I see conversation spark up all the time in trade chat about the good old days of Vanilla and such. I use that as an opportunity to introduce people to Kronos. In a very organic, non-spammy way.

In a very organic, non-spammy way.
Thats the most important part. You can tell who ever you want as long as they really want to hear it.
ED was advertised on different, even non-game related, forums. If you are active inside a community go ahead and tell people.

I made a post about this a bit ago that got sticked in the General Discussion
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91145-Kronos-Media-Kit

Compiled as much relevant info as I saw fit that can be used to showcase Kronos to those who are unaware of its existence / are skeptical of the private-server scene. Gave a quick little explanation on the best way to work this info into a conversation too, take a look, simply share that Topic, it has all the info you'll need!

I've found that there are a lot of people in retail WoW who pine for Vanilla. Many of whom are not informed about private servers like Kronos. I see conversation spark up all the time in trade chat about the good old days of Vanilla and such. I use that as an opportunity to introduce people to Kronos. In a very organic, non-spammy way.

That right there, is EXCELLENT organic marketing. Telling people who actually want to hear about your product, and Retail WoW is probably the #1 untapped source of players that any Private server could want.

As long as you don't spam this kind of shit everywhere Nostal advertisement text.jpg it's considered good advertising to me.

i'm not promoting them btw just showing how retarded this way of advertising is. It pisses people off more than it attracts players to the server.

Personally i just casually talk about it with friends in game and do get quite a few whispers from interested people who have seen us talk about it. Word of mouth really is the best advertising.

I just wanted to stop by because of what i heard on a Trade of pretty low-pop Blizz realm today. Poeple were having nostalgic conversations and then somebody mentioned Neltharius or how is that other server called, so yeah, just my few cents on that matter.

As long as you don't spam this kind of shit everywhere View attachment 6737 it's considered good advertising to me.

i'm not promoting them btw just showing how retarded this way of advertising is. It pisses people off more than it attracts players to the server.

Personally i just casually talk about it with friends in game and do get quite a few whispers from interested people who have seen us talk about it. Word of mouth really is the best advertising.

If they don't SPAM that, I don't see the problem.

Last edited:
Not quite adding to the topic, but did you notice? Almost every time someone mentions the French server, it's name is messed up :lol:

Well guys, I dunno.....if we advertise Kronos and people start digging deeper, they'll almost guaranteed learn about Nost and chances are that some, if not a majority of those, might jump to Nost because it releases first.

In my opinion it'd be better to try to recruit people once Kronos is open for business and the inclined player can jump right in.

Our advertisement was more subtle.

<Waiting for Kronos>

It took feenix 4 months to ban us.

I honestly think talking to friends on other servers helps the buzz. Just encouraging, spamming and getting banned is bad PR just like with a real company. Their are also a few Facebook groups for each server.

Top Bottom