• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How much High Warlord gear would you buy?

Norm964BGB

Hi folks,

as people start to make threads about what to do and what to play to fill the time I'd like to ask a question myself:
How many sets of gear and weapons would you buy from rank 12 to 14?
Like having +stam gear/defensive one or all around or offensive gear and how many weapons would you buy? Like for crusader/chain etc.
Please, if you any niche uses for the gear and enchants for it enlighten me. :)

Cheers.

Rank 12 and Rank 13 set pieces are unique.
You can only waste your money on tons of Rank 14 weapons :)

Thats a pity. Would've loved (if ever) to get several pieces for lets say fighting certain classes with max health and others with max offensive capabilites (like +30AP on shoulders).
Mind telling me what enchants would actually be useful for different PvP encounters for weps and maybe PvE enchants (1h are great for PvE so I heard)

Would you mind to answer one more question regarding endgear PvP.

How hard do they get outdated? Do you have any link or so show me the difference between AQ/naxx gear vs HWL gear to underline how much HWL gets outdated. I always wonder whether its like only 10% or really 25-40%?
I'm a fashionwhore so I'd be willing to put up with the malus if ever I would get the hands on it. Mainly head and shoulders I would need a comparison as that the most dominant items that I would never want to change once I ranked all the way to atleast 13.
Thanks alot in advance if you could give me the insight. I'm still a dreamer and haven't played much yet so please consider investing 10 mins and enlighten me. I get three months off work soon and want to invest these purely into WoW. :D Greatly appreciated your efforts.

Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Isn't it best to just balance your gear well for every encounter? You don't know your fights beforehand anyway.

Is this about any specific class? Armor is unique but its easy to tell which pieces are for pve and which ones only serve pvp purposes, and as stated before, weapons can be stocked ayway :).

I meant like playing in group PvP? Go all out offensive as the priest and shaman will keep you alive anyways so you might as well go with +8 strength on both legs and head, whereas going out in the wild you might need to have some defensive capabilities and go +100 health on these items. :)

It's about warrior. :)

the shaman rank 12/13 set is only good for pvp, as it is high in stamina and then hybrid mix of spell damage, crit, strength, physical crit, etc... i wear mine mostly when herbing or out in the world.

the rank 14 healing mace is the best in the game atm (until cthun) and the rank 14 spell damage weapon is equivalent to the sharpened silithid femur from viscidous (best 1h spl dmg weapon until naxx). these weapons are great to use and it allows my healing setup a ton of flexibility.

in general most of the gear is obsolete in aq40 for most classes with some exceptions for various setups.

6/6 warrior is kinda bis for pvp up to aq40, only if u get like t2,5 chest, or gauntles of annhilation, you can try to break the setbonus because there is enough ap on them and switch gear like u prefer, i for example played most time with t2,5 chest, gauntles of annhilation and chromatic boots or t2,5 head instead of chromatic boots just because i loved the style :)

some others still prefer 6/6 though, but in general u always want to keep the 3 set bonus up for less cd on intercept, so u kinda need r13 if u want to be bis pvp geared, even with naxx gear u still play with 3 pieces of pvp gear ...
about r14 weapons one can argue all day, deoi kinda equal with r14 dmg (r14 higher white hits, deoi higher yellows, as far weapon normalization working here like i know it) but the proc makes it insane powerfull.
some even swear that bonereaver doing more dmg with 1-2 stacks already, askhandi also kinda equal difference is so small.
the big advantage on r14 is that u can enchant 1 weapon with 25 agi, one with crusader and 1 with weaponchain, and swap to weaponchain vs other warriors, and keep agility otherwise.

on legs and head u should normaly go with the zg enchants. shoulders u take the 30 ap one
hp is always nice to have as warrior, even with healer.
best thing you can do for some hp upgrade is to get t1/t2/t3 bracers enchant them with stamina, and also have other bracers with strengh /crit on them and enchant them with strengh.
u still gonna hit like a truck, and your healer also wont be able to heal u 24/7 , cc, selfheal, rogue on him, etc.. so u get some extra time living if u dont get your instant heals :D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input, its great appreciated. :)

I have another question: When using BRE and getting stacks up, do they fade when I would swith to another weapon? Say I'm getting one or two stacks and then switch to Ashkandi, would Ashkandi then use the BRE procc for armor penetration?

What warrior abilities are considered shouts for the -35% rage cost on shouts from t2,5?

Edit Piercing Howl, demo shout, challenging shout, battle shout?

Yet another Edit: Does sword proc resets the swingtimer or is it just an instant thrown into the mix?

Last edited:
hmm, good question i have no idea to be honest, but might be worth a try :D
otherwise its only 10 seconds uptime, and u normally want to keep the stacks up and hope for another proc to renew the time. But still would be insane to try it for some real high crits :D

demoshout,challening shout and battleshout

piercing howl is not affected by it

Last edited:
hmm, good question i have no idea to be honest, but might be worth a try :D
otherwise its only 10 seconds uptime, and u normally want to keep the stacks up and hope for another proc to renew the time. But still would be insane to try it for some real high crits :D

demoshout,challening shout and battleshout

piercing howl is not affected by it

What about intimidating shout? It's in the name so it should be one, right? That would bring the rage cost as low as 16 rage. :O

ya forgot this one
sword proc dont reset the swingtimer it just another instant same like wf

pro tip, if u play horde u can easily go with zg neck and r12 gloves, and spam hamstring to dump your rage if mortalstrike and whirlwind is on cd.

that way u get some extra sword /wf / hamstring if specced / bre procs :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom