• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hype for the Russian community

So, I've started that hype!
https://vk.com/kronoswow
I'd like to get some official support form Kronos :) A button on your site would be great. But several words about your Vkontakte group somewhere (on site, on Facebook, on forum..) would be enough too.
Hope Kronos administration will see this message... Or it's better to start a new thread to get attention?

remember to say that global chat is only-english so we dont end up having communication issues in the end :wink:

Hope Kronos administration will see this message... Or it's better to start a new thread to get attention?
they will definitely see it, no need to create a new thread I think. I'm actually a bit curious as to why they didn't respond to this thread so far.

And as for that vk group, personally, I'm a bit worried about advertising in other languages than the server language. We've had trouble with this before, with people refusing to communicate in english, and it very well may have all started with part of the advertisement for the server being in their language. That made them feel like it's not neccessary to speak english and things just sort of built up from there.
That said, I don't mean to discourage anybody from playing here. I think we will all welcome any increase in online population, wheteher it be americans, russians, chineese or whatever. And I don't even really need to be able to communicate with every single person playing here. I'm just saying that there is one agreed-upon language the server is officialy using and suggesting (in any way) that it's ok not to use it could have dangerous consequences. Especially if the population won't be as high as some expect.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't expect official support for something the administrator can't understand. You could misinterpret some official(or unofficial) announcements and easily cause problems this way. Or, you could very well be promoting anything you want on that site and the administration would have no way of knowing. Again, not trying to imply that you have shady intentions, it's just that the people in charge usually need to be able to monitor such things and that is impossible when they don't speak the language. That's how successful projects are run.
(Or maybe Chero has a russian girlfriend and this whole paragraph is pointless :D)

Last edited:
We've had trouble with this before, with people refusing to communicate in english, and it very well may have all started with part of the advertisement for the server being in their language. That made them feel like it's not neccessary to speak english and things just sort of built up from there.

and for that very reason it is good that i have been making a filter + translator, the translator is still lacking a lot so i hope someone else wants to help translate russian to english but aside from that the filter will filter out any words with too many russian letter's into the separate filter tab which can be maximized to see.

kinda hope that the server attract's chinese and other well known friendly people who preffer using english while online :laugh:.

Sorry but imho just to communicate with a translator is bullshit.
IMHO!

/edit: not the 100% right thread, but almost. ;)

Last edited:
better than to not communicate at all really. Just take a look at Dota and the problems it causes there.

that is not the intend zed.

but rather in case a russian speaks russian in a channel it is converted to English to keep global channels english-only.

normal chat is unaffected by this and would therefore hardly be noticeable except that it reduces the amount of russian LFG or WTS chat.

the filter on the otherhand filters long russian sentences from the channels.

ofc. they would still need need to have the addon, so i will include it in my recommended package once i release it.

note: filtered words can still be read but within a minimized "filter" that can be maximized to normal size in case you wanna see if something accidentally got filtered.

Last edited:
The point is, why try to hook a community which is not able on its own to integrate and communicate with the majority? Just push the player numbers on any cost? Sorry, I can hardly agree with this attitude..

I wouldn't expect official support for something the administrator can't understand.
Then I'd like to have some instructions about how can I prove myself's loyalty xD
The only reason why I'm leading the group in Russian is that people are much easier to attract when they don't have to translate your words. Let me assure you that I'll make it as clear as possible for any of group's members that non-English way of play will never be tolerated.
And I think that those who don't want to follow server rules are anyway GM problem, not usual players :)

Then I'd like to have some instructions about how can I prove myself's loyalty xD
The only reason why I'm leading the group in Russian is that people are much easier to attract when they don't have to translate your words. Let me assure you that I'll make it as clear as possible for any of group's members that non-English way of play will never be tolerated.
And I think that those who don't want to follow server rules are anyway GM problem, not usual players :)

That was just my opinion. Let's see what the Kronos staff says first, before jumping into loyalty tests ;)

@nimeralos

But to advertise in russian and later on to try to exclude the russian only speaking people who get attracted is in my opinion almost impossible.
If you started a english group on vk.com and try to attract only the english speaking part of the community i would be fine.
It's like you would wave with a huge lollipop and keep if for the minority of the attracted people. It's simply not fair for the rest, thats my problem.. I think this attempt will leave lots of poor souls disappointed..

Not that i don't like russians, got some of the best IG memories with the drunk russians from AAA years ago on EVE Online.

@Zed
Non-russian group VK would look like a nonsence :) The only English groups there are those made to study English. And, c'mon, it's PR, it's internet! In most cases one will never read a single phrase in non-native language unless he's already interested.

And about poor souls... My opinion is that nearly every WoW-player know English enough to play WoW in English. Most WoW-words are from English, and one really don't need to know a lot to contact people here. If one will be disappointed - that's his/her problem, because very little efforts will make him/her able to communicate decently.

If someone will write in my group that "такой крутой серв тупо что на англ я не смогу играть(((" (it means "such a good server, too bad it's English, I can never play there :("), I'll try to cheer up him/her and make him/her understand that he/she really can.

you could however mention on the VK that the community only speaks English and the global/world chat is only-English. :wink:

Guys, i think that a little advertisement in russian part of internet wil not cause problems in future. I believe it's incorrect to compare russian DotA2-community (shame on russians tbh) and a small community of vanilla-players. Most of such players are 18-30 y/o. I'm 25, for example, and I know many youngsters which are so-called "crazy-dota2-russians", and I can't even imagine such person playing classic WoW, because I feel WoW's "entry barrier" is significantly higher than one in DotA.
Besides, I remember the times when a couple of Europe servers became a "russian ghetto", like Warsong and Shadowmoon (and a third one, I don't remember). But this is another situation. I sincerely believe that russians that are eager to play vanilla, are mostly adult and are able to communicate in English.

I am a Pure-Bred Hybrid Capricorn Russian from Siberia here

I am here to express my love for Russia !

Top Bottom