• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I´m new!

Nirvana

hello,

as some friends of mine told me this server is a real good one I will try it out myself now! though i only played burning crusade and wotlk, classic might be a bit hard (grindfest and such). anyway i´d like to roll a dps class and i need to knnow which classes/specs really are VIABLE at this patch as i heard that some are just not playable in raids.

thank you for your answers

hmmm, most are viable. for dps-wise i wouldnt pick shamans/paladins or druids. theyre mainly taken as healers for instances/raids

I didn't want to open a new thread for this question so I will ask here, I made one bug report and it was change to status "Need Update", does that mean that the server needs to be restarted so this fix can be applied or something else? Thank you.

I didn't want to open a new thread for this question so I will ask here, I made one bug report and it was change to status "Need Update", does that mean that the server needs to be restarted so this fix can be applied or something else? Thank you.
yes, next server update the fix will be applied

Hello and welcome!
Well exactly as you said, most valued dps classes on vanilla are warriors, rogues, hunters, mages, warlocks and priests. Anyways, shamans/paladins and druids can DPS, is just that they won't be as good as the other classes, and require much more effort to do a good job. It's just a matter of taste!
If you ask me, I like hunters as a pure DPS class. For hybrids, ofc I go with pallies :wink: GL and have fun!

thank you tristan!

i might go warlock if its a needed class =) i´m not so into hunters

Welcome to Kronos! "This server is a real good one" - your friends didn't lie :)
so.. warrior, rogue, hunter, mage, warlock, priest - i gotta choose from those?
From what I read - that on sides are not very good for a raiding DPS. Usually people would like to see warriors tanking (if not enough tanks) and priests healing (usually not enough healers), leaving DPS to those who can't do anything else.

So, rogue > fury war and mage/warlock > shadow priest (ShPs are in raids mainly because they are buffing warlocks for shadow damage). Hunters are mostly viable because of the tranquilizing shot, they are not top DPS.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Check the class forum branch for details.

it won't get updated by a restart, i think chero updates the server once every couple of days.

hello,

as some friends of mine told me this server is a real good one I will try it out myself now! though i only played burning crusade and wotlk, classic might be a bit hard (grindfest and such). anyway i´d like to roll a dps class and i need to knnow which classes/specs really are VIABLE at this patch as i heard that some are just not playable in raids.

thank you for your answers

Welcome! As someone who played Vanilla rigorously my advice to you is to roll some classes you're interested in to about level 20. My first 60 was a hunter but then I rolled a warrior and never looked back. Fury warrior DPS was the business if you ask me and warriors had the limelight in Vanilla WoW (primarily as tanks but a good fury warrior was a huge asset to melee DPS). Hunters and Locks can be similar to level if you choose Beast Mastery or Demonology as the talent trees to level with (as you should). Roll some classes to 20ish, get a taste for the talents and what's on offer and choose one to stick with.

Vanilla was not the grind fest people think it is. Sure, if you play every day it can be tiresome but leaving your character for a few days accumulates a nice amount of rested xp, provided you use your hearthstone and inns to your advantage. Besides, Vanilla WoW allows you to see the whole world as you seek new places to quest which was such a brilliant idea IMHO. I hope you've got a better idea of how to get into Vanilla now. You'll know by level 20 which class piques your interest.

Also, make sure you select different races so you get a taste of the different starting zones too!

thank you for the answer fizzlebang. i´m playing a warrior right now, seems really week but i suppose thats normal (level 8). will see if i keep playing it after level 20 =) as for the starting zones, i already played wow for a long time (BC, WOTLK) so i know the starting zones. i´m not totally new to the game =)

cheers

i´m playing a warrior right now, seems really week
Warriors are known to be weak. It's the slowest class for leveling they say.

As a 30 level warrior, I agree with it, but not completely. I mean, I can't kill several mobs, I can't really boost people through DM :)crying:), but - not that bad in general :)

Last edited:
thank you for the answer fizzlebang. i´m playing a warrior right now, seems really week but i suppose thats normal (level 8). will see if i keep playing it after level 20 =) as for the starting zones, i already played wow for a long time (BC, WOTLK) so i know the starting zones. i´m not totally new to the game =)

cheers
More strength! More weapon damage! Go!

I struggled the most when I had a bad weapon for my level. You get less rage, you hit for less overall - what's not to hate? But then you get a lovely blue weapon from the Scarlet Monastery quest for example, and then you breeze through everything for a little while. Edit: Oh yeah, don't forget that Heroic Strike starves you - you miss out on a rage generating swing.

I rerolled twice around level 20 before I went with warrior myself, but it seems you already know that it's not a big loss to do that. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom