• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other I see a lot of people unsure of what to play... Well, I have the answer.

Velix

Everyone should have a level 20 Warlock and a level 40 Mage.

Warlock:
Summoning,
health stones (even if low level),
and soul stones (it wasn't until 2.3 that soulstone buff was removed from your character when the warlock dropped group)

Mage:
Food/Water
Portals

Compared to your experience with and without these two characters.... The game is almost unplayable. Mages and Warlocks are also very easy and quick to level; however, they may not be the fastest. But this is hardly the point.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
If only others mages could also create a portal...
Be polite, bring the reagent, they'll happily do it.

If only others mages could also create a portal...
Be polite, bring the reagent, they'll happily do it.

It's true. And most without a tip. this doesn't erode the convenience of having the service 'on tap'. The point isn't 'everyone who doesn't do this is dumb'. If you don't know what you want to play, and you don't want to lose the time benefit of playing a character you may not like, 20 levels of warlock and/or 40 levels of mage will give you some time to choose while providing lasting advantages and convenience.

Compared to your experience with and without these two characters... The game is almost unplayable.
Don't like this stuff, to be honest. It breaks the immersion for me. Warlock-errand boy? Pfff.
I mean, thanks for the tip, someone will find it useful etc. But I enjoy that classes can do something special, not being so all-purpose as they are on retail.

Compared to your experience with and without these two characters.... The game is almost unplayable. Especially considering that these two classes are generally two of the fastest and easiest classes to level.

Food for thought.

Strongly disagree. Did you ever tried hunter ? Nothing is easier or/and faster on the field of leveling...

Strongly disagree. Did you ever tried hunter ? Nothing is easier or/and faster on the field of leveling...

Keywords: "Generally two of the"
I never established a hierarchy of efficiency. Simply, that warlocks and mages are very good at it.

The subject is not "who is the fastest". I'm sure many disagree with you that hunter is the ultimate leveler, and hunters are no doubt amazing.

/thread

Compared to your experience with and without these two characters.... The game is almost unplayable. Especially considering that these two classes are generally two of the fastest and easiest classes to level.

Food for thought.

why did you mention it then ,if its not about ? :wink:

Besides that, im sure theres not much (if even anyone) who will disagree with hunters. The fact hunter can level to 60 naked and needs only pet and ranged weapons with ammo is, lets say, uncomaprable with mage or lock. He still gonna kill mob faster.

Besides that, im sure theres not much (if even anyone) who will disagree with hunters. The fact hunter can level to 60 naked and needs only pet and ranged weapons with ammo is, lets say, uncomaprable with mage or lock. He still gonna kill mob faster.

Don't underestimate a well calculated AoE farm by Frost Mages.

OK, you're right. Please pretend the sentence reads "Mages and Warlocks are also very easy and quick to level; however, they may not be the fastest. But this is hardly the point." (OP has been edited to reflect this.)

If after 20 or 40 levels you decide that Hunter is not for you, you are left with an alt that is decent for farming and not of much use to the account aside from banking. At least until you come back and level it if your interest ever returns.

Can anyone think of another class that provides useful benefits as an alt?

Anyone else having same problem switching class he's gonna play every 2 days? I was sure it's gonna be a rogue now I'm balancing between druid and mage.

Yeah I figured out my main, yet to decide 100% about alts. Priest, warrior tank, or another rogue. Likely in that order, any opinions or insights welcome, and while my main will be horde, not above making an alliance alt

Top Bottom