• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Idea that might be worthwhile.

Denim

Too add some sort of Honor reward from killing the other factions leaders.

Like a 1k honor reward from killing Thrall. And 500 honor from the other ones.[h=1][/h]The reward could ofc be increased but nothing special, not so you can farm the respawn time and out-grind the BG farmers...

Just some nice thing to do for the pvp scene, will bring something extra for those who just sits and grind BGs all day long.

Just something that came to mind, nothing important at all and i assume the staff wouldnt bother with this anyway, so dont flame too much ;)

Cant wait till release!

There are a few posts on the bug tracker questioning if Jaina and Rexxar are regarded as Faction Leaders. The conclusion was that they are not. But I can see myself supporting a possible change to that. A balanced incentive...though it might not be viewed as 'blizzlike' (ugh)...can only enhance a portion of the game...in this case, enhancing world PvP

Yes Faction leaders in capital cities already provide honour.

I think the OP realises its already in place. But is suggesting if they should be worth more honour (to increase the incentive for people to actually raid capital cities)

During weekends, just make Guards and Racial Leaders give more honor than usual and label it as "reccuring PvP event" ... or you could even make Honorable Kills grant more honor in Capital Cities (maybe possible through zone check from scripting perspective).

If you have an idea and you present it as "it will be there permanently" it makes ppl angry and they use the word blizzlike like a weapon. But make it an event and everything is fine :)

During weekends, just make Guards and Racial Leaders give more honor than usual and label it as "reccuring PvP event" ... or you could even make Honorable Kills grant more honor in Capital Cities (maybe possible through zone check from scripting perspective).

If you have an idea and you present it as "it will be there permanently" it makes ppl angry and they use the word blizzlike like a weapon. But make it an event and everything is fine :)

This posts like these that really make me want to +1 to my hearts desire. Brill idea.

Good idea! I'm a bit concerned about the safety of auctioneers and other neutral NPCs though. But I guess it's worth it if it provides an incentive for people to attack/defend:tongue:

Good idea! I'm a bit concerned about the safety of auctioneers and other neutral NPCs though. But I guess it's worth it if it provides an incentive for people to attack/defend:tongue:

If I am not mistaken, attacking AH, innkeepers and certain NPCs/neutral NPCs results in dishonourable kills and loss of honour. So attacking them is generally avoided.

That would really be a great idea! Anything to encourage more wpvp and make the server more lively as a whole. I really don't see any cons of that.

Wpvp weekends so to speak, i like it.

Sadly that's not blizzlike, right? With this one would start tinkering with the basic game, which i am all for it, since i believe a lot of game elements benefit heavily from further modifications (raids like MC, certain class abilities, hybrids).

One wonders what the old Blizzard would do with vanilla today, or what plans were left behind. I think the game could use more horizontal definition, rather than vertical.

But truly, it already is quite polished to begin with.

This idea is really good. Old honor system was piece of crap i wondered why they keep that in the same state for so long then decided to get rid of it before TBC came out. This custom events are what makes private servers even better then retail back then.

+1 from me

We'll see if it's necessary. We may, very well, see, that players are doing City raids by themselves only for fun and so there is no need to make such events.

There is nothing stopping players creating their own city raid events...but organised ones will always have a larger turn out...and tends to be more exciting

These ideas sound amazing!

While I love the prospect of "blizzlike" some things are stupid. Some are also designed around having hundreds to thousands of players on realms, which is kinda seemingly impossible for these servers.

I'd definitely be in support of incentive for occasional to frequent city raids, as long as it isn't something ridiculous or gamebreaking.

Good idea. Two things to add.

One, this blizzlike term... Not everything blizzlike is good. Blizz like includes the server being down randomly on your raid night. 15 min patches taking 7 hours (and it was a GD snowday...) World DC during your first BWL lootdrop, when you came back it is gone, GM says, no proof no loot... I am sure they want that back too right?

Many who complain about small improvements to a feature already in place will cry that word while they are 10g respeccing after the last raid of the week.

Second, on this event, have defend and assult weekend alternate each week. You get bonus honor for a PK in a city on a def (at the end of the event) same with assault. This makes it a weekend event rather than one mega zerg and stop.

Honestly, the best solution for that sort of plan is to keep things as simple as possible. You really don't need much to encourage people to go raid cities. Per instance, today on Feenix, there was a Horde raid on IF (I'm Alliance). It started with about 15 Hordes rampaging through the city and for the first hour or so basically no one reacted. The 15 Hordes were in the Commons slaughtering any Pvp flagged Alliance, but the 40+ lvl 60 Allies just stood idle doing their usual routine, even PvPers didn't give a shit and kept farming WSG. Eventually a raid formed and there was some fight and both groups called more people, we wiped them a few times but they got Magni and Tinker, etc.

I think some kind of ''City raid day'' event, weekly or so, would really only require a few things to make it much more popular : 1) Removing DKs from cities so that people don't leave the raid because they're afraid of losing honor. Also makes it a lore more immersive if all the NPCs get killed. 2) A lot of honor from killing faction leaders. I think Vanilla had this, even though it's bugged on Feenix. Maybe honor from killing guards as well. Basically you want some incentive for the PvPers, while sticking to something as easy as possible to script. The faction leaders is probably enough and less easy to abuse too. 3) Most important point : make cities a contested zone for the day. If there's a way to make it only apply to lvl 60s then perhaps make it so, but that'd probably be hard scripting.

Sure some people will complain about it, but it's mandatory to stimulate people for the event. The result would be extremely interesting. Besides, it's not an every-day occurance, ''City raid day'' could probably be once per week or once per two weeks.

Of course, preparing such a feature won't be a priority untill a few months when there are actually a lot of lvl 60s, but once the server will have some age I think it would be one of the absolute best ways to attract more players. You can't make a server that stands out simply by doing what every other server does.

Top Bottom