• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin imp ret aura not working

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6132#comments. I discovered this after spec for it and found bug was already reported. I swear to god if this starts an argument....

in b4 Psojed come and tell that your Screenshot is not valid.

You are apparently using Sanctity Aura in the Screenshot and not Retribution Aura.

Also if "non improved" Retribution Aura hits for 20 damage , "improved 2/2" would hit for 30 damage.

Last edited:
Now your screenshot is correct, Improved Retribution Aura talent is 100% not working.

And yep that is good evidence that "non bugged kronoss" is actually bugged but undiscovered :)

Yeah, I'm used to you and Theoloras posting the known bugs in pally forum on N0st. I'm just trying to do the same here.

- - - Updated - - -

Last rank deals 30 damage to mobs, so it's working for me.

maybe it's only the lower ranks then

Yeah, I'm used to you and Theoloras posting the known bugs in pally forum on N0st. I'm just trying to do the same here.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe it's only the lower ranks then

This is good because they tend to say that "server is not bugged" and other servers are "bugged" .

I'd love if you report them here.

Now it seems to be working fine. I left the zone I was in and fought other mobs and noticed it was working. I decided to run back to when I first discovered it and assumed it might have been the mobs shield wall that caused the dmg reduction but that doesn't appear to be the case. I don't know what happened then.

- - - Updated - - -

buuut one of them did just "resist" it. that is probably a seperate issue though since I have seen partial resists on SoC

The aura in question is retribution aura rank 3, learned at level 36, you're level 38.
Since you went back later and it worked properly, could it be that you learned the new aura rank and didn't switch auras until then? You stay at lower rank of an aura until you switch them, so this would explain your combat log.

Now your screenshot is correct, Improved Retribution Aura talent is 100% not working.

Don't be so fast with your assumptions. This talent always worked for me and it seems for others too. Rank 5 does 30 damage when I am using it.

The aura in question is retribution aura rank 3, learned at level 36, you're level 38.
Since you went back later and it worked properly, could it be that you learned the new aura rank and didn't switch auras until then? You stay at lower rank of an aura until you switch them, so this would explain your combat log.

No, because I was using sanctity aura up until this point and it says I am using rank 3 aura in the SS.

It's irrelevant what the description says. You would have to hover over the buff, but you're hovering over the skill.
If I buff myself with Blessing of Might rank 1, then hover over Blessing of Might rank 6 in my spellbook or in my skill bar, the tooltip will say Blessing of Might rank 6, even though I buffed myself with rank 1. Get it?

buuut one of them did just "resist" it. that is probably a seperate issue though since I have seen partial resists on SoC

I played paladin here since the beginning but never noticed any mob resisting retribution aura. That's new. Do you have the combat log showing that?

OK, I see what you mean. This still doesn't explain it though because like I said I was using Sanctity aura before this. That's why I was watching my combat log because I had just respec into imp ret aura and was watching to see if it worked.

- - - Updated - - -

I played paladin here since the beginning but never noticed any mob resisting retribution aura. That's new. Do you have the combat log showing that?

No, I don't have that saved.

Only other explanation are bugged cache files which got fixed on a zone/logout/restart. There's a reason people are encouraged to delete their WDB folder :smile:

How often am I supposed to delete it?

WoWScrnShot_042316_210645_edited.jpg

well it happened again. I'm level 39 and the mob was 36 or 37. I'm using rank 3 ret aura with 2/2 imp ret.

- - - Updated - - -

Only other explanation are bugged cache files which got fixed on a zone/logout/restart. There's a reason people are encouraged to delete their WDB folder :smile:

I'm assuming you mean before you play on this server after playing on another which I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming you mean before you play on this server after playing on another which I did.

Nope, you should delete WDB every time there's a server update, even if you don't switch servers. I don't know how exactly it works, but basically server sends data to your client, which stores it into WDB, to speed up loading n' stuff.

When a server gets update, it might be sending you different data, but if your client already has a WDB with the entry you want to load, it will load the old data from WDB instead of asking the server for the new data.

For example. Most launchers also delete it by default or have a button to do so.

Top Bottom