• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Increased spawn rate at launch ?

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest a minor change for a short duration after release.

increase spawn within lvl 1-10 zones, since many will be joining and the lvl 1-10 zones will be overfarmed leaving players waiting on spawn, and since from 1-10 all monsters are neutral it wouldnt make it harder but just allow more to get out of the starting zone.

ofc the increased spawn would later be reduced to normal and it could be considered to be increased all the way up to 20 but that way it wouldn't end with 10 players waiting on the same zombie or beast to spawn, that is at-least the case whenever a new server first start's spawn cant keep up with everyone :/

note: i know this is not from vanilla but it could help reduce the rush that leads to waiting on spawns too long fighting to tag the target :)

Re: release suggestion

I think increasing the respawn rate for the first two hours or so, after launch, would be more than enough.
If it will be necessary at all.

(Do you know what would it take to spawn new mobs of all kinds across 6-10 zones??)
(Your suggestion would also not solve the biggest problem, and that is camping the unique quest mobs with their own names. Or did you mean to clone Hogger and such too? )

no clones but simply reduce the spawn duration in lvl 1-10 zones where all monsters are neutral and reduce their spawn timer so they spawn shortly after being killed. higher level zones have normal spawn but since all start at lvl 1 the starting areas would be over-run by players waiting for a spawn.

lets say you kill a lvl 2 zombie in the undead starting area, rather than 60 seconds spawn it should have 5-10 for some time after launch, since the first 12-24 hours the server is likely to have too many in the low 1-10 zones to handle.

We already use a mechanism that reduces respawn time of normal creatures by a certain amount depending on players amount in that zone.

awesome so spawn depends on player's in a zone and automatically goes up/down ? :thumbup1:

Exactly, just like the official servers. Great!
Things like this has never seen the free servers before Kronos. :biggrin:

A little more time... And Kronos will be more bug-free than official servers. :winkiss:

Last edited:

A little more time... And Kronos will be more bug-free than official servers. :winkiss:

I thought that too, but when devs fixed a few bugs, that were on retail, some players wanted it to be reverted, because it was part of the vanilla experience. (i remember something about mages)

EDIT: Chero already answered it
I WROTE SO SLOWLY :)
Nice Chero, I didn't even know that. Awesome.

Last edited:

i consider the 40-50 range a much longer and much more quest needing part but i wouldn't sacrifice the vanilla feel for new quests.

but i am happy to hear that high amounts of players wont make it a problem to find mobs :)

increase spawn within lvl 1-10 zones
simply reduce the spawn duration
sorry, but I guess you can see where I had trouble understanding you..

from 1-10 all monsters are neutral
in lvl 1-10 zones where all monsters are neutral
no, they most certainly are not

But glad it's not going to be a problem. I think not even the WotLK server (best scripted apart from Kronos) has dynamic respawn rates!

I think that this can happen, if 50+ ppl will be in his cave.

he talk about zone, not location.. and zone means the whole stv :) if i am right..

that counts aliance+ horde summary :D

He sayed zone, but on retail, it's location, on wotlk it's location, so i expect that kronos is not be different.

Top Bottom