• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

**Installing Kronos**

AragornDrew

Hello all!

My name is Andrew and I am very excited to have stumbled across this awesome project called Kronos. I was an AVID player in Vanilla days and am very much anticipating a working, strong Vanilla server. I have already created my account in countdown to Kronos going live, but I need some direction regarding installing the game. I followed the directions on the Kronos main page, but I am a little unsure about working with torrents (advice needed) and also it seems I can't download the 3-part Kronos' files due to it being a Czeck server (me being in North America). I may be just wandering down noob alley and need a mate to direct me in the right direction ! :) Thanks for any help!! Hope to see you guys in game (Night Elf restoration druid).

- Andrew

Hey there. I've sent you a link with the 1.12 i've been using for ages, hope it helps :)

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Here is a Guide on downloading and installing a vanilla WoW client. If you scroll down the comments section, there are also quite a few links for Mac clients.

Hey guys, thanks for the quick and helping response.

I just DL'd WinRAR and the torrent from the Kronos main site, but when I try to extract the torrent file with WinRAR, I get the message "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" :/ :? !!!! Send help :)

Mind if I jump in and grab that link from whomever sent it to OP as well? That would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Note*** I have noticed that win I DL the torrent from your Guide link, Struckd, it DL's as a TORRENT file onto my Computer, and not a WinRAR File shown in the first picture [( Mine: "VanillaGaming_1121_Pack.rar" File Type: TORRENT File) (Shown on guide: "1121_WoW_Client.rar File Type:WinRAR Archive)]

AragornDrew you need a torrent client to open the torrent file, the torrent file is just a link (you can read how torrent work here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent). There are many clients out there, personally i use http://www.qbittorrent.org/ (alot use utorrent but it's so bloated nowadays i won't touch it anymore).

Once you have it installed you can open the torrent file you downloaded and it will let you choose a directory where you will download the rar/zip file, it's pretty straight forward but just say if you need more help.

Hello AragornDrew,

any .torrent file is basically a really small file which functions as a pointer/tracker and it leads to the actual archive.
To download any file pointed to by a .torrent, you need a special program, for example the mentioned uTorrent 2.2.1. This application basically works as a download manager. Because the files are stored on other people's computers, there is no direct download link, and that's why you need the uTorrent application for it to work.

The benefit is no waiting time and high download speed (most of the time). I tested downloading the torrent this weekend, and it went at maximum DL speed of my internet, which is 2,4MB/s. There is no risk, you can completely control what you download, you can pause or completely stop a download and resume it later. If you don't want to keep the uTorrent application, you can uninstall it after you download your game.

Last edited:
Just to be sure, Kronos will use the same client as Nostalrius? I could connect to beta just fine, but I don't want to run into any surprises on launch.

It's writen on How to connect page on kronos-wow.com ;-)
"If you already have a copy of the game with patch 1.12.1 installed, delete your WDB folder and jump to step 3"

Top Bottom