• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Is Prot bad if you grind dungeons ?

Dareptor

Hey guys,

Since my knowledge of vanilla wow is very limited I've never really understood why protection had such a bad reputation back then. If I plan on leveling mainly through dungeons because I don't want to deal with crowded questzones is Protection still that bad ? Which spec do you pick once you have to tank lvl 60 raids and what alternative is there if you want to mainly tank during your leveling phase.

Thanks in advance ! :)

Ouh and btw. 428 users online - It's getting real !!

But is it better (even if not needed) to tank as prot during low level dungeons, or are other specs stronger during low level tanking ?

I'd say it's all because not much people can level by only dungeon grind. And every mostly-non-DPS in the open world is silly. It also does not fit in Vanilla atmosphere, where everyone can heal/tank in "wrong" spec with the "wrong" gear (in low lvl).

And also... I can imagine that somehow "other specs stronger during low level tanking" indeed. After all - if you're more DPS-specced, you deal more aggro :) And it'll be like that at least until you'll get a talent threat bonus (which is at 20-25 minimum). But - 5 talent points which won't help you in the open world anyhow? Well, if you're just grinding over 9000 dungeons... That's what we do on 60 anyway :)

Check this post about protection talents while leveling in general: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/86009-level?p=716298&viewfull=1#post716298

Great guide. Thank you!

If I go ARms, will I be able to tank in a pinch? Most quest and dungeon groups seem to struggle with getting a tank.

I tanked since RFC to the level im on now 38 without problems with Fury spec (17-34-0). All you need is a shield and a 1 handed weapon. And ofcourse to buy protection skills when you go train. So you can run dungeons or quest with dual wield or 2hander.

Top Bottom