• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Is there an easier way playing a Warrior because of stance dancing?

RudyRaccoon

The one thing that's always put me off from playing a Warrior would be the whole "stance dancing" and abilities being locked out if your not in the required stance. For example you do more damage in Berserker stance as you have a higher crit chance well as having Berserker Rage which makes you fear immune which is useful if you intend to PvP but you can't use Charge or Rend while in Berserker stance so you have to be in Battle Stance first and then switch to Berserker stance but doing this takes up Rage. For me stance switching makes a mess of my main action bar.

I guess I'm just not very familiar with the class.

Hello! One way of playing a warrior composes of hamstringing, hitting, and keeping a mob at a distance. Get the attack bar addon and you can see the timer on your swings! Slow weapons are preferable. That way for each 3.60 speed attack you make on an enemy, you can hamstring a mob with 2.0 attack speed and have the upper hand.

i would recommend getting some macros for warrior abilities that will automatically switch you into the stance required for whatever ability you would like to use. in addition to this the talent tactical mastery will allow you to keep enough rage when changing between stances to use your abilities. with these two things i think you will find warrior more enjoyable.

i would recommend getting some macros for warrior abilities that will automatically switch you into the stance required for whatever ability you would like to use. in addition to this the talent tactical mastery will allow you to keep enough rage when changing between stances to use your abilities. with these two things i think you will find warrior more enjoyable.

Ah thanks. Now I just need to figure out the macro commands, I think it's the "cast ability" command. By the way how do you get the macro icon to look like the ability you want to use?

Finally I'm not sure whether to go Arms or Fury for general dps?

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/17517-useful-warrior-macros/ some macros can be found here. for the icon when you are in the macro menu and you create a new macro it will ask you to pick an icon from a list and all you need to do is scroll through until you see the icon that corresponds with the ability you are making the macro for.

until you have some hit gear i would recommend going arms, however if you have 8% hit or more and some decent one hands fury will serve you well.

Switching stances fast was a bit tedious in the beginning for me too. I now do it with the mouse wheel. So when I scoll up I go into berserker, down is battle and mouse wheel click is defensive. Before that I was zooming the camera with the mouse wheel. Now I just hold control and scroll to do that.

You can also use double tap macros like this one for beserker rage:

/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Berserker Rage"); else CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;

If berserker stance is active then berserker rage will be cast, otherwise you go into berserker stance. Now you have to tap it again to gain berserker rage. This works also pretty good for me.

Both things made playing a warrior very convenient for me. Switching stances and using all my abilities now is a lot easier than it was before.

Top Bottom