• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Just Hopped on Kronos, I play Ele on live, is it doable?

Woahdude89

Hey gang! Really excited to experience vanilla for the first time. I started playing in WOTLK. I've always bounced back and forth between my warrior and my ele sham as a main throughout live. But I have zero idea what the class is like in Vanilla. I love the vibe of the shaman class, but I don't want to gimp myself by leveling up only to not be able to play ele in end-game. Is it doable? Or should I roll a lock/mage?

Thanks!

Elemental does worse than a mage/warlock and has mana problems. If you are in a guild where you are known you probably could get a raid spot as an elemental shaman. Leveling as elemental as I've come to find it is the worst as well (only got clearcasting though so I'm going enh until 60 now).

Elemental doesn't bode well in PvE mostly because of Curse of the Elements not affecting Nature spells. That's an automatic 10% DPS loss and you have to stack spell penetration (75 default, 50 if your tank has Thunderfury). Most spell pen gear is in AQ, which makes it difficult to obtain. Ele also has mana problems due to the fact that it has no mana regen abilities, so you fully rely on consumables and passive regen.

However, Ele does fantastic in PvP. It pumps out massive amounts of damage and is a tremendous support spec as well. I'm in the process of leveling one now just to PvP on it.

Google Ioneye for a fun Ele PVP Video. He was the reason I rolled an Ele Sham in retail.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk

Enhancement shams actually plays with 2 hand weapons because of windfury procs that makes you hit 3 times in one with additionnal attack power. So the slowest is the best ! But in terms of raid DPS I think juste like ele it's just less good than a warrior or rogue... In raid you pretty much gonna end up healing as an hybrid class (Sham/druid/paladin)

But enhancement the best spec for leveling because you don't need to use mana and you can keep it for healing between fights, so you have no regen time when grinding mobs. Dunno how it does in PvP but you must have a nice burst on a lucky WF proc and some FROST SHOCKS !

Google Ioneye for a fun Ele PVP Video. He was the reason I rolled an Ele Sham in retail.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk

Wish I had made a PvP video of my elemental shaman in vanilla, but my PC was shit back then.
Still makes me shudder the amount of BiS mage/lock gear I had on my shaman. DKP for the win baby. Though kinda feel like a dick looking back at it.

There is a very good post about elemental shamans back on the Nostalrius forums.
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41071

To anyone who is allowed to go down that route I salute you. It was my dream in retail vanilla, but could never justify it to my self beyond couple bosses in BWL and trash.

Though would not be difficult to play up the fact that a elemental shaman is still works well as a healer with a change of gear so DPSing on fights that require less healers and switching between fights would make it easier to justify to a raid.
If only we only brought totem of wrath and had the TBC clearcasting in vanilla it would be damn near mandatory to bring a ele shaman with the lack of hit in vanilla.

I reccommend to play whatever spec or stat focus you think is the coolest and most fun, even if it goes against the boring "optimal way" that many are slave to.

I played a elemental shaman in nostalrius with crit gear and 100% dmg bonus crit talent for PvP and 3 critted many people dead very fast alot of the time, it was unique and very cool to earth shock for almost 2k and people would sometimes die instantly from the chain lightning and the shocks, my speciality was mages, I completely shut them down with purge, ground totem and earth shock tier 3 frost mage died with my hp and mana still half full once, but also PvE (with pots and manaregen focus gear, less crit gear then). People would come up to me and ask if I was a healer, I would say no im elemental lets duel and crit them to heck, they would admire me and I felt successfull with my tauren ele shaman even with only 4 epic items ;)

I reccommend to play whatever spec or stat focus you think is the coolest and most fun, even if it goes against the boring "optimal way" that many are slave to.

I played a elemental shaman in nostalrius with crit gear and 100% dmg bonus crit talent for PvP and 3 critted many people dead very fast alot of the time, it was unique and very cool to earth shock for almost 2k and people would sometimes die instantly from the chain lightning and the shocks, my speciality was mages, I completely shut them down with purge, ground totem and earth shock tier 3 frost mage died with my hp and mana still half full once, but also PvE (with pots and manaregen focus gear, less crit gear then). People would come up to me and ask if I was a healer, I would say no im elemental lets duel and crit them to heck, they would admire me and I felt successfull with my tauren ele shaman even with only 4 epic items ;)

yeah thats pvp... ele owns in pvp want a pat on the back?

Top Bottom