• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

K2 "PvP" scene

dkramer

Authorized
If you solo Q on K2, you"ll play against premades 80% of the time.
Facing this situation I decided to make my own premade.
After 5 wins in less then 10 minutes against pugs, we got a game against a premade, I was excited cuz finally I could have some real pvp, but it didn't happened, we rekt them in the first fight and now they are all afk, refusing to fight us only to get their mark and preparing to dodge us next game, this is how it was all day over and over.

There's NO FUN in it, there's NO PVP at all

Kronos pvp clearly needs some changes and I want to make a few suggestions:

1 -Limit group Q to a 5max players

2 -Remove battleground ID numbers

3 -Make possible to join a battleground from anywhere via command

4 -Insta join whoever have queued(in group or not)

I just want to state that I'm not against "competitive", but the only reason that makes pvp sucks on kronos is due to premades and mainly cuz people mentality.
Btw I haven't seen any premade wanting to face another premades which makes me thing that no one gives a fuck about competitive pvp, people want things exactly like how is it now, easy games, dodging and fast losses.

Last edited:
5 wins in less than 10 minutes? You mean each game was under 10 minutes? because 5 wins in 10 minutes in physically impossible.

1 -Limit group Q to a 5max players yes

2 -Remove battleground ID numbers yes

3 -Make possible to join a battleground from anywhere via command no

4 -Insta join whoever have queued(in group or not) maybe. Deserteur for Q dropping might be better though
10 characters loled

If you solo Q on K2, you"ll play against premades 80% of the time.
Facing this situation I decided to make my own premade.
After 5 wins in less then 10 minutes against pugs, we got a game against a premade, I was excited cuz finally I could have some real pvp, but it didn't happened, we rekt them in the first fight and now they are all afk, refusing to fight us only to get their mark and preparing to dodge us next game, this is how it was all day over and over.

There's NO FUN in it, there's NO PVP at all

Kronos pvp clearly needs some changes and I want to make a few suggestions:

1 -Limit group Q to a 5max players

2 -Remove battleground ID numbers

3 -Make possible to join a battleground from anywhere via command

4 -Insta join whoever have queued(in group or not)

I just want to state that I'm not against "competitive", but the only reason that makes pvp sucks on kronos is due to premades and mainly cuz people mentality.
Btw I haven't seen any premade wanting to face another premades which makes me thing that no one gives a fuck about competitive pvp, people want things exactly like how is it now, easy games, dodging and fast losses.

Whats your name in game and do you play alliance or horde? As horde i havnt dropped a queue whole week and we played plenty of pre vs pre vs Tob's group.

At the moment there are 3 wsgs running, our premade is the only horde premade and we win in 7 minutes per game while the other bgs last significantly longer...

If we do some math, lets say pug vs pug matches last 15 minutes then we an alliance player is currently playing vs a premade 7 minutes out of 37, which is 18%.

Now sure there could be an alliance premade running aswell who are dodging us or we just havnt gotten queued against eachother yet. But even then you would as ally pug play against a premade 7 out of 22 minutes which is 31%.

The reason you might feel like you play against premades 80% of the time is because pug vs premade is much more boring and feel a lot longer. Or you are just playing during very unfortunate hours.

I do agree tho that dodging is a problem and can be greatly diminished by adding deserter when dropping a queue.

The reason you might feel like you play against premades 80% of the time is because pug vs premade is much more boring and feel a lot longer...

It's a fact.
I see you can do some math, so correct me if am wrong.
Today i Solo Q 5 warsongs, 3 games against the same premade, 1 game against another premade and 1 game against a pug(which was a 6x4 game til horde caps 2 flags) and i did lose this pug x pug game, how many marks do i have on my bags ?

Yes, it is 80% games against premades.
And it's not boring to me, cuz i can level my alt while i get my mark on warsong.

PvP on K2 is boring for everyone unless you think it's really fun play ghost battlegrounds/afk while wait for your mark.

At this moment this is what K2 pvp is all about and thats why it'll keep shrinking and eventually pvp will die like on K2 NA times with 20 min waiting queue everyday

It's a fact.
I see you can do some math, so correct me if am wrong.
Today i Solo Q 5 warsongs, 3 games against the same premade, 1 game against another premade and 1 game against a pug(which was a 6x4 game til horde caps 2 flags) and i did lose this pug x pug game, how many marks do i have on my bags ?

Yes, it is 80% games against premades.
And it's not boring to me, cuz i can level my alt while i get my mark on warsong.

PvP on K2 is boring for everyone unless you think it's really fun play ghost battlegrounds/afk while wait for your mark.

At this moment this is what K2 pvp is all about and thats why it'll keep shrinking and eventually pvp will die like on K2 NA times with 20 min waiting queue everyday

Getting high ranks in vanilla has always required you to play stomp games vs pugs in order to get enough honor.

I think you are just super unlucky if you get the same premade 3 times in 5 games, because most of the time there are more than enough hordes waiting in queue for your game to end so that when you are done and instantly join again... you should be playing against different hordes.

From my understanding the long queue times during NA hours are due to there not being enough NA alliance players interested in pvp to get more warsongs going. As a horde i can sometimes see 2-3 bgs start while i am waiting in queue, and this is because there are 20ish more hordes queueing than alliance.

Getting high ranks in vanilla has always required you to play stomp games vs pugs in order to get enough honor.

Not true, atleast on my server there were quite a few who pugged to r14. There was no honor mafia, there wasn't as much organized PvP, people did not exploit as much.

Not true, atleast on my server there were quite a few who pugged to r14. There was no honor mafia, there wasn't as much organized PvP, people did not exploit as much.
Welcome to 2016 on a 3rd-tier emulation software server hosted in the Balkan mountains!

What server was it that you played on vanilla? There wasn't a single vanilla server with people who have the mindset they have today due to a few things;
1. Item progression was actually different, since pvp rewards were updated to be stronger later, and being shit at start, it disincentivized ranking up for the gear since it was shit for MOST of the content (patch 1.9 for R14 weapons; 1.11 for armor). But since 3rd-tier servers release with all the gear updated, all the gear out; you get fucked by "honor mafia"
2. In 2005, the only way you MIGHT get a similar experience to this is picking the 'top'(most hc sweaty nerds by the standards of 2005) 200 people from each of the servers and then putting them all into a single server.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that your experience from 2005 will not be replicated in 2016; ESPECIALLY if the circumstances DIFFER.

Well duh, who said that my xp would be replicated again? I simply quoted Asce @ every vanilla r14 dude played premade 24/7, which from my experience isn't true.

I mainly played on Dethecus DE, also Frostwolf I think? sorry can't remember; there was 1 alliance guild that formed premades a lot, ofc when u got against them it sucked but u could just jump into another bg and have fun playing pug vs pug. Also having like atleast 2 avs, 5 ws 5 abs running at the same time during primetime, it didn't tilt u as hard when u had to play vs them once in a while. Horde mainly queued up with a few people here and there, horde r14s mostly got supported by guildies so when they hit r14 the others stopped tryharding too.

During bg queues perma duel action in durotar, staying up til 3 am just to keep dueling, riding to IF, dueling alliance dudes.

That was my vanilla experience. Dueling is non existent and bgs are infested with ego jerks, that's why I barely log in anymore. I PLAYED MORE AVG TIME DURING BETA THAN LIVE CAUSE I COULD DUEL WEEDIX AND THESE ROGUES THAT BLEW ALL FKN CDS AND STILL LOST. #rip#peace#imout

From my understanding the long queue times during NA hours are due to there not being enough NA alliance players interested in pvp to get more warsongs going. As a horde i can sometimes see 2-3 bgs start while i am waiting in queue, and this is because there are 20ish more hordes queueing than alliance.

I'm not complaining about pvp on NA times, i already gave up to play at this time.
If things keep going this way pvp will be the same regardless the time you play.

Two weeks ago we had 500+ PLAYERS pvping according to twinstar honor ranking on K2.
K2 pvp is shrinking faster which is good for people who rank so they dont need to grind a lot, however this is extremely harmful for community as a whole.

There's not a plenty of options for a good vanilla server, imo Kronos is the best out there and i dont want to quit because i love this game, but playing all the time against premades or even playing in your own premade is terribly boring.

Well duh, who said that my xp would be replicated again? I simply quoted Asce @ every vanilla r14 dude played premade 24/7, which from my experience isn't true.

Never said that every vanilla r14 dude played premade 24/7, but i've noticed from your previous posts on this forum that you love to pull out such strawmans to try and make your point seem more valid.

What i said was simply that people have always been required to stomp pugs in order to get the highest standings. And i say that from my retail experience where every guildmate i helped reach r14 were running a most of the time (not always).

During bg queues perma duel action in durotar, staying up til 3 am just to keep dueling, riding to IF, dueling alliance dudes.

Nobody is stopping you from doing this, take a dude out to Durotar and duel him. Ask some people you know if they want to go to IF or do it yourself. Fuck you cant blame premades for there not being any interest in dueling.

Mate, I don't want 1 dude, I want durotar to be as alive as it once was, but that doesn't happen cause PvPing here suxx dick. And yes I can blame it on premades cause the PvP community is shrinking because of them on BOTH servers.

Mate, I don't want 1 dude, I want durotar to be as alive as it once was, but that doesn't happen cause PvPing here suxx dick. And yes I can blame it on premades cause the PvP community is shrinking because of them on BOTH servers.

On Feenix Warsong 1.12.1 (2k pop peaks) there were premades constantly running but there was still 4-5 people dueling in Durotar. There were also 50 times more pvp movies released than on K2.

So i really doubt that premades are the problem since there have been plenty of players over my last 6 years of vanilla wow that loved to duel in Durotar eventho there were premades on the server. The problem is that vanilla servers have been popular for a long time, and a lot of players probably quit for retail or waiting for certain other private servers to release.

I also know of 4-5 vanilla guilds who are waiting for a decent TBC server since they are all done with vanilla.

On Feenix Warsong 1.12.1 (2k pop peaks) there were premades constantly running but there was still 4-5 people dueling in Durotar. There were also 50 times more pvp movies released than on K2.

sadface ;(((

bring back old feenix pls :(( shit script but man, 30 ppl in durotar always claiming top tryhard title
here, ppl wont duel even if paid for, and then only if certain to win lul

On Feenix Warsong 1.12.1 (2k pop peaks) there were premades constantly running but there was still 4-5 people dueling in Durotar. There were also 50 times more pvp movies released than on K2
The Vanilla scene then was young and obscure. If you were PvPing on a Vanilla server in those times, you were someone who really wanted to play Vanilla. So the general attitude was just different.

Nostalrius and especially its shutdown thrust the Vanila server community into the mainstream in terms of gaming. So the masses flocked to K2. As we know from watching the demise of retail, the masses lack a competitive attitude and want to be handed things. Unfortunately K2's community has always been pretty cancer PvP wise because of this.

Also unfortunate is the fact that, as always, people blame Premades and tryhards for the lame PvP scene instead of blaming people like dodgers that ruin PvP with their cancerous attitudes

On a side note, all the r14 Rogues on server declined my request for a duel series for my upcoming PvP movie.

l o l

Last edited:
On a side note, all the r14 Rogues on server declined my request for a duel series for my upcoming PvP movie.

l o l

I think all r14 rogues have sold their accounts except Colt, who never were much for dueling or 1v1 fights in general.

Alltho i dont really understand what one has to gain from dueling against someone for their pvp movie. You are probably just going to use clips where you win and there is not for them to gain from doing it.

They each declined my request before selling their account.

And the idea is that you show clips where both people play well. Nobody wants to watch a one-sided duel :whistling:

My point was that K2's PvP community has a pretty shit attitude compared to other server's I've played, and it's a shame that people blame Premades for this fact instead of blaming the lack of competitive minded players.

Last edited:
Also unfortunate is the fact that, as always, people blame Premades and tryhards for the lame PvP scene instead of blaming people like dodgers that ruin PvP with their cancerous attitudes

ROFL
Tell me who are those "tryhards" cuz i havent seen a single one on K2. I remember playing with remedy against Gurtash/Osirus and when remedy realized that they couldnt beat horde premade they all went afk at flag and waited for the loss.

Clearly no one here gives a fuck about tryhard/pvp.

Idk if it's worth to keep pvp like this. Dodgmades only pushes away casual pvpers who want to have fun in pvp, and when rankers get their rank they quit or sell their accounts

K2 PvP needs changes, if not there always will be a "Gamekinggirl" dodging everything.

I remember playing with remedy against Gurtash/Osirus and when remedy realized that they couldnt beat horde premade they all went afk at flag and waited for the loss.
What is/was your name in game? You seem to have a pretty selective memory.

Osirus/Gurtash team dodged us for 90% of our ranking:
http://imgur.com/a/kiU3I

They would fight us on occasion, and these were always intense, tryhard matches. We also had 100's of tryhard games against the early versions of the Plaguethong/Chrys prem (they never dodged).

Sadly once Horde figured out Windfury (Charge) was bugged and started stacking 4 Warriors we struggled (until the bug was fixed :laugh: ). I remember ONE week when I was unable to keep my team motivated to fight and people started AFKing, due to the fact that Last Act dodgemade was causing us to ONLY fight Horde Premade(s).

So, once again, the problem comes down to dodging.

You try keeping 9 other people motivated after 36+ hours of no sleep and not seeing a single PuG match because of others dodging :rolleyes2:

Last edited:
You try keeping 9 other people motivated after 36+ hours of no sleep and not seeing a single PuG match because of others dodging :rolleyes2:

So you had to motivate your friends when you were at "tryhard hard pvp climax"? Why?

If was that hard to keep up people motivated inside a premade, imagine how harder it is to keep people motivated when they're pugging.

You didn't faced pugs for 36h not cuz dodging but NO HORDE pugs wanted to play against your premade over and over

I hope kronos devs realize how harmful are premades to server pvp pop especially in a server which don't have enough players queueing, and it will not get better with time

You didn't faced pugs for 36h not cuz dodging but NO HORDE pugs wanted to play against your premade over and over
Let me explain what happens when you dodge a queue; you can frame this post on a wall so every time you're about to make a stupid comment you can look at it and refrain from doing so.

Team A dodges a game, leading to an EMPTY game opening where all the pugs get funneled in against Team B because of team size limits (15 playerr or 10 player) thus making sure the PUGs face premade.
Team A will get a new game against the next 10(15) ppl (premade or PUGs) on the queue list (in a server this small it's most likely PUGs since there's only about 1 premade per side it seems).
If after this visualization of what is going on you still cannot fathom why dodging is ruining your precious PUG experience I don't know what to say lad

If you still need assistance, let me know, I'll illustrate a paint picture so even the simplest of folk can understand what is happening here.

So you had to motivate your friends when you were at "tryhard hard pvp climax"? Why?

If was that hard to keep up people motivated inside a premade, imagine how harder it is to keep people motivated when they're pugging.

I hope kronos devs realize how harmful are premades to server pvp pop especially in a server which don't have enough players queueing, and it will not get better with time

"Pugs not queueing is the problem" and then goes on to not queue. - Every pug pvper on K2.

"Sucks that AB doesnt pop" and then doesnt queue AB. - Every AB lover on K2.

"Sucks that AV doesnt pop" and then doesnt queue AV. - Every AV lover on K2.

Can we please agree that this problem is completly player-made and not something that is different on K2, and the way to solve it is not for devs to ruin the server for someone else.... but instead try to convince people of equal mindset as yourself to do what you guys want?

Last edited:
Top Bottom