• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Killing AFK player: Against the rules?

tristan

Authorized
I was browsing the Blacklist forums, and saw this report.

And I would like to ask: why was that player banned? Killing an AFK player is not against any rule (I read them all, and couldn't find it neither here nor here, which are the official rules available). Am I missing something?

In any case, I don't see why killing an AFK player itself should be bannable offense. Maybe if you did it abusing a bug or glitch it could be, but on that report everything seemed normal (no rooftop or glitching guards abuse).

he did not get banned because his victim was afk
he got banned because he was standing on the wall so the guards couldnt attack him

he did not get banned because his victim was afk
he got banned because he was standing on the wall so the guards couldnt attack him

Well I actually didn't see clearly the guy on the wall, have to look at the SS many times :blushing:
But still, I guess it should be stated on the ban reason clearly it was because of that, otherwise it can be confusing because the report says "killing me while AFK" as the abuse :huh:

I'm so on the fence about players being banned for abusing the pvp status bug. I was ganked in BB last week by a skull rogue who thereafter jumped in the water to avoid being attacked by the guards. Oh well, such is life on a pvp server I guess.

Abusing bugs is not "life on a pvp server", it is "abusing bugs". Life on a PvP server is if you're being ganked and no one is abusing any bugs. Nothing to complain there.

But still, I guess it should be stated on the ban reason clearly it was because of that, otherwise it can be confusing because the report says "killing me while AFK" as the abuse :huh:

I was about to make a post about this. The bans are currently handled extremely poorly, when a user is banned it should be clearly stated what the reason is, not just 'banned'.

Abusing bugs is not "life on a pvp server", it is "abusing bugs". Life on a PvP server is if you're being ganked and no one is abusing any bugs. Nothing to complain there.

It was the same in retail. Even though it was considered a bannable offense, people still found ways to evade guards. Blizzard wasn't as harsh when it came to punishing the offenders though.

In retail you had the option of a PvE server, so it was easy to avoid the retards on the roofs. Here, you don't. So really you can't compare this to retail.

Top Bottom