• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos All-Star 1v1 Tournament RELOADED

Update: Event changed to 1v1. More info in original post. Hopefully a 3v3 tournament some other time :)
i am fucking pissed

Would love to join but these rules are ridiculous sry, shaman is one of the weaker 1v1 classes already, not gonna bother clipping my own wings by "no aoe" or "no charge denial"

Would love to join but these rules are ridiculous sry, shaman is one of the weaker 1v1 classes already, not gonna bother clipping my own wings by "no aoe" or "no charge denial"

hello, shaman beats warrior 1v1 with shock kiting & lightning shield, even if warrior is given opening charge

also, consider the fact these rules have to suit a general level of gearing across the whole server

& ermean get your clueless 2 button pve joke ass out my thread

Lucky me and Sushi found the "reckbomb" tactic. It would have ruined the 1v1 haha

In​
rogue vs. rogue​
players will roll to see who gets the first open. In the duels that follow, the rogues will trade openers. They may use all the abilities at their disposal provided they're within the rules, HOWEVER they will be given 3 Living Action Potions for the series. They are free to use these whenever they like. In the event a player is versus a dwarf rogue, the dwarf rogue will not be allowed to use stoneform, unless both rogues are dwarves. The only exception to this rule is if the rogue against the dwarf is an orc - then the dwarf may use stoneform.

updated​

In​
rogue vs. rogue​
players will roll to see who gets the first open. In the duels that follow, the rogues will trade openers. They may use all the abilities at their disposal provided they're within the rules, HOWEVER they will be given 3 Living Action Potions for the series. They are free to use these whenever they like. In the event a player is versus a dwarf rogue, the dwarf rogue will not be allowed to use stoneform, unless both rogues are dwarves. The only exception to this rule is if the rogue against the dwarf is an orc - then the dwarf may use stoneform.

updated​

Truthfully, i dont like how this looks. Not like you are removing orc rogues'(xposed lel) big advantage in any fight, then why are you removing stoneform?

Pretty sad to see max geared r14's and highrankers just standing by watching instead of competing. =/

alright, I'll clear everything up here

Truthfully, i dont like how this looks. Not like you are removing orc rogues'(xposed lel) big advantage in any fight, then why are you removing stoneform?

yeah - this was discussed prior; none of the rogues had an issue with this, since rvr can end in a stunlock if a player's vs someone not stam geared and/or proccing damage, it would've been a better idea to just ban blind, which we ended up doing in the end (and this was clarified with the rogues, none of them had an issue with either resolution).

bare in mind, vanilla's incredibly hard to balance, and me and the people who i confer with are doing our best to draft as many hypothetical outcomes as possible - a lot of us are very exped in later xpacs with arena and we don't take banning things or rule crafting lightly

that being said, there's no way you can completely hash out the imbalance of this version of the game but we do try to get as close as we can - there'll always be holes, and people are always welcome to host their own tournaments

Pretty sad to see max geared r14's and highrankers just standing by watching instead of competing. =/

yeah - it was nice to see some blue geared players sign up to this event (a few had some last minute cancellations but the intent was there) but bare in mind most people don't have the confidence to compete and would prefer armchair critisizing than showing themselves up @ an event :)

to the people that promoted my stream, or their own streams of the event or even recorded it, thank you for contributing, hopefully we got some good publicity for our server & i look forward to seeing your vids lads

to everyone who came out to the event, either to watch on stream or @ the arena itself, i believe we hit 300 players around the arena, not sure what the streampeak was as i wasn't watching - maybe others got more, either way, the more streamers for kronos the better (apologies for my dog uk internet)

gms did a great job, kudos to them, insane amount of help with griefers, thanks to the people who kept the peace <3

to the competitors, great turnout & ggs, some of the games were real fuckin close

#1 Yolam
#2 Busdriverx
#3 Xposed
#4 Rains
#5-8 Snute, Capture, Lehti, Souldrinkah
#9-15 Worstworrier, Eywin, Ayz, Serenery, Creedx, Mentalmidget, Maredasan

please bare in mind that the bracket was randomised and thus some of the matchups were slightly more in favour for some classes - this in no way represents the ability of these players & i'm proud to say i really enjoyed watching every single game today, including worst "frostbite" worriers

look out for future events!

A little pic from today:
QoOXPug.jpg

Top Bottom