• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos donate system

Popse

hello everyone! I want to give some ideas for kronos donation system. I am not one of those players who says " no donations to server ... " . Because i respect those mans time and effort to give me a simple player without any basic understanding what is scripting to play this game for free. But true is TIME IS MONEY , so why those guys who just want to enjoy this game tells that donating is bad. Gamemasters spending alot of time to this project , could you see yourself scripting each day without any money , i guess no , i would spend my time in my job earning 15 euro hour. So what i want to suggest is stop that bullshit , we should start helping kronos team by ourselves. Maybe some day with enough players chero could look at this as his main job and spend whole work day just to script and work on server. Respect those mans !
So now my donate system idea:
Each time you donate to the server it will stack to your acc and people in forums can see it below avatar , so while talking in forums everyone would see who supported server most and race to each other , or just join those friendly and helpful people by donating them selves. And prizes should be unlocked by the total money donated , once you reach some line you can buy prize for like 10 euros. like that: i donate 20 euros in first month , and 10 in second month , total i have 30 euros donated still no prizes.
1. 50 euros(total) line = egzotic pet ( price 5 euros) i will take it , now i got 35 euros total
2.100 euros(total) more rare egzotic pets ( price 5 euros)
3.150 euros(total) Baron , ZG mounts ( price 10euros) i will take it got 160 euros in total
4.200 euros (total) opposite factions mounts ( price 10euros) total 210 euros donated like after 1 year of playing , i am riding wolf on my nighelf , everyone knows that i donated over 200 euros , Chero is happy :) No game breaking donate (AQ opening event mount should never be able to be donated)
SORRY guys for my english i hope you will understand , and say your opinions about it.
YES prices are big , but we dont want 50% of population to ride rare mounts

- - - Updated - - -

Additional idea: Donating before server opening , like 20 euros to join server 3 hours earlier then everybody ( i would pay for that ) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Lets create friendly community that works together , not just sitting on Gamemaster heads and crying that they cant spend more time on this project , i cant script by myself so i will donate :) i hope alot of you will do same thing. Ofc i cant donate 200 euros at once , but month after month eventually i will reach it

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way i would like to join kronos test team to help finding bugs and exploits , checking zones.

Well, so, Donation system already works and anyone interested will know how much you have donated by things you show - pet and mount prices are in Acc manager.

To your sugested system - It's rather complex and from my PoV, it would take a lot of time to implement and tune. I think that actual donate system is good enough.

Allthough being able to see donated amount under the avatar sounds like a good idea, I think it's better not to reveal such things in order to avoid attracting blizzard's attention. There is a reason all private servers keep the financial part secret.

I'm not sure how much of the donated money goes to the developers, but there is probably a lot of it reinvested in the project.

I do like your suggestion not to sit on gamemaster's heads though.

Donate as is works well and does not promote pay2win. Stuff like early login is just complete and steaming bullsh.t. Twinstar never had P2W and i dont believe it ever will, Kronos is not standalone server so have that in mind. This server has a strong foundations and is a part of bigger project.

These topics are irrelevant.

Stuff like early login is just complete and steaming bullsh.t.
I think he ment early login to closed beta-testing phase. With complete wipe/reset afterwards before actual launch. I don't think this is such a bad idea actually.

Better than other faction's mounts if you ask me. That is pretty bullshit in my opinion. I don't wanna see raptors and kodos in Stormwind :/

Last edited:
I think he ment early login to closed beta-testing phase. With complete wipe/reset afterwards before actual launch. I don't think this is such a bad idea actually.

Better than other faction's mounts if you ask me. That is pretty bullshit in my opinion. I don't wanna see raptors and kodos in Stormwind :/
Staff confirmed cross faction mounts arent going to happen

It's never donation if you get something in return... It's a nice feat of cognitive dissonance to call an action saintly when your intentions are not. I understand it's a term which has taken root in the private realm scene, but it has always bugged me more than it should. I'm sure the amount of microtransactions surpass any amount of real donations private servers would have ever got. It's a good marketing ploy since even players use the term (compare calling certain shops and transactions as p2w or pay2play), I'll give that. Just call things by their name and I'm ok. Needed to get it our of my system, sorry for slight derail!

So if I donate 10000 euros to charity and get a small present in return it was a purchase rather then a donation?
The ration from donation to what you are offered to take is important.
Btw, noones forces you to use the stars.

Not sure how you would define P2W or P2P, but from your posts it seems you misunderstood the concept.

Early login is nice idea I think. Additional hype plus some money for the staff.
Even though I don't accept the idea, I think it wouldn't make a difference (for players). All I want in the release is to see masses of adventurers wondering around and camping for that single mob to respawn! :smile:

Not much camping since respawn is dynamic to the amount of players in the zone :)

giphy.gif

What you are describing wouldn't be a donation, it would be buying access.
I would however support donations... but not in the way where you recieve something in return (I could stretch it to only vanity items).

Look at ED.. Close to their release _I think_ they said they wouldn't allow donations, then it went "Only vanity items" and now it's P2W.

So if I donate 10000 euros to charity and get a small present in return it was a purchase rather then a donation?
The ration from donation to what you are offered to take is important.
Btw, noones forces you to use the stars.

Not sure how you would define P2W or P2P, but from your posts it seems you misunderstood the concept.

Whoa that's a loaded question! Mounts are not presents, owners here are not showing you unexpected gratitude for your money. You know exactly what you are getting. Like I said, it's the intention that matters, be that conscious or subliminal. If you start cataloguing what you should get with your donation, then you have made it very easy to show your intentions. I deliberately wasn't arguing if the concept of transactions are bad, so don't throw that at me.

Everyone knows what those terms means, don't patronize. I'm not going to start explaining the same message five times like in that other thread.

I'm searching the donation shop at twinstar.cz. I want to make one thing clear for myself. Those items obtainable through donation system, are they going to improve player's power in any way? Or maybe you can buy things that are only of cosmetic value (mount reskins for example)? I'd be glad to hear that the second option is true.

You can only buy cosmetics such as tabards and pets. You can also buy mounts but you still need to buy the riding skill ingame. Meaning you save like 90 gold on the mount cost but still have to get the 900 gold riding skill the normal way.

Edit: And by mounts I mean the beta mounts such as the Ivory Raptor.

I'm searching the donation shop at twinstar.cz. I want to make one thing clear for myself. Those items obtainable through donation system, are they going to improve player's power in any way? Or maybe you can buy things that are only of cosmetic value (mount reskins for example)? I'd be glad to hear that the second option is true.

Only mounts and other vanity items. No combat items at all!

Top Bottom