• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos - PvE

Gehere

I apologize in advance, if this topic has been discussed many times before. I'm not trying intentionally, to anger anyone.

How come Kronos isn't hosting a PvE server?

We, the players not liking PvP too much, need a quality project, like Kronos to put up a server.

There is a player base for it. Just not a server with quality like this, to unite us all, under one roof, so to speak.
Yes, Elysium has Darrowshire... but well.. meh. I like quality scripting. I play on Darrowshire, because PvE is appealing to me. And I believe the 4300 (on average) other people feel the same.

But the quality is average, at best. People could easily be persuaded to come here instead. With the Core Kronos has - there really is no reason not to. And the recent "happenings" on the Elysium Project, has really shaken the community. The integrity of that place is.. damaged.

So instead of waiting for people to move on to Crestfall PvE, Kronos should act now. Building a server, would signal an act of embrace. And since people already talk about your quality scripting, it wouldn't take long before accounts begin being created.

A great movie once became legendary, with a powerful punchline. It was -> If you build it, they will come.
(Field of Dreams -> Kevin Costner)

You really should consider it.

Last edited:
Kronos PVE is a great idea, but the timing is terrible for reasons you will know if you read the forums.

Although it would be nice to see a Kronos PvE realm, as mentioned above, it is not a good timing for it. As of now, the staff is aiming to unite K1 and K2 into one realm, which will make our community stronger. Once that is done, the next objective is the release of Naxxramas. Maybe, once Kronos raid progression is finished, the staff could consider starting a fresh realm, but that would be around late 2018. But this is all speculation :smile:

I have a feeling the population numbers might increase soon though.

Call it a hunch. And if so - maybe a PvE Realm would bring 2-3k players here.

And why not to convert K2 to PvE for some time (testing) before closing it?
Quite a lot of players is looking for PvE server but there is none ;O
Do you know that there is no proper PvE server around here, just some starting projects, etc.

Totally agree

It would just be stupid not to create a PVE server now, otherwise you have a good chance of loosing many players when one opens ;)

Last edited:
Great comment... if you dont got something to say, just dont say anything... Just talk and say what you think so we understand you.

Same with the carebear responds. Just total nonsense, which should be bannable imo ... doesnt contribute at all ;)

Because it makes no sense to open a PvE server here while Elysium is up, especially when both already established servers struggle with population..

Right now there is 19k people on Elysium, 2k online on PvE realm.. So that's just over 10% players interested into PvE server. Do you know how much is 10% of Kronos' population on both servers combined at PEAK time atm? Like less then 250. During the rest of the day probably less then 150 and running a new server for 200 people online on average makes no sense. Don't fool yourself that more people would join from other projects, anyone would rather chose 4k online at peak which Elysium PvE server offers then empty one over here regardless of differences in scripting.

Bottom line is, if your project is as huge as the one I already mentioned, you can allow yourself the luxury to have a PvE realm too. Even though it attracts just let's say 20% of population, that's still few thousands players at peak with the numbers they have. That's more then enough for server to be healthy and appealing for new players, whereas extremely low populated one would struggle forever with unplayable numbers as long as there's competition like that. People care about population way more then anything else and they will almost always join the most populated one, no matter of other factors. That's why there is always that 1 project which is booming with population for each expansion in private server scene, while most others have just sad and depressing numbers, never being able to break through.

Kronos is on a right path right now, merging K1 and K2 will hopefully result in 2500-3000 people online at peak times. That is enough to make a break through and attract new players and also steal some others from different projects who like Kronos scripting better, but didn't join the server because population was sad. Now population wont be a problem and the project wont be instantly eliminated by new players based on raw numbers and nothing else, but scripting, released content and other stuff come into play as well. If you take all that into consideration, I expect that project can only grow from that point on. Drifting away from that path would be just a shot in our own foot.

Alright, some good points you have there.

Still i think many will come here cause this is such a good server... Maybe im wrong and ppl will choose a a less good server over a good one just to have more ppl to play with, i wouldnt though ;)

And you are right about the merge being a good thing.

PvE won't kill the PvP realm(s). Quite a few people are getting tired of Elysium's bad quality and insane management.
Crestfall won't see light of the day for a looong time I'm afraid, and when that happens, who knows what quality they will have...

I'd totally come back to Kronos for a fresh PvE realm.

Last edited:
How about let them merge the servers first and see how will this go? Acting hasty to open another PvE realm because other servers are doing 'bad' won't do any good. You need exact numbers, facts and most importantly - time to see the results. Your assumption that people are geting tired of Elysium is taken out of nowhere. It's true that their scripting is way worse than on Kronos and it's true that 'quite a few' people are tired of it but those people already/probably already had tried to play on Kronos and they didn't like it for their personal reasons. And even their PvE realm has the lowest population from all 4 realms. Do you really believe that those players or the 'new' one will move to Kronos PvE realm because it's a fresh server? Or do you want another realm with ~100 players online? As it was shown in the past, opening a server for refugees just because of a hype did more damage than ever. Only a few stayed and the rest were like locust - hoping between the servers and harvesting everything on their way.

I'm not moving anywhere and Kronos is the best server out there for me. Merging K1 and K2 already hyped lots of players who left the server because of low population (especially on k1). If everything works out we'll have a realm with 2-3k devoted players who WANTED to play in here and they've PLAYED in here for the whole time or took a break waiting for a merge. Quality over quantity.

Elysium is killing itself - slowly, but surely.

Crestfall is MONTHS off releasing still.

NOW would be a GOOD time to harvest those people really tired of the shit happening on Elysium. And trust me - there are many.
Seeing as K1 and K2 will merge into one server soon - it would also be beneficial for Kronos to TEST the possibility of hosting a PvE server, with their core. LOTS of people know the quality scripting Kronos has, and would LOVE a PvE server, under their banner.

Seriously? What do you have to lose? More of your playerbase? No. You stand to gain, if anything.

Honestly - Kronos PvE, and I'm there.

NOW would be a GOOD time to harvest those people really tired of the shit happening on Elysium. And trust me - there are many.

But Kronos is a "dead fun server". They will stay exactly where they are and keep complaining.

But Kronos is a "dead fun server".

According to whom?

From my experience on K2 - there is no "fun" server about this. Exp. rates and Honor gains are just fine - Blizz-like, as it should be. Whether you have the option to spend real money, on vanity items or exclusive mounts, doesn't mean you -must-.

The experience you get, playing on Kronos servers, all comes down to you.

MY experience is that the Staff here care for their Community. Their Warden system work - and they actually listen to their playerbase.

I'm not saying it has always been like this - but this is MY experience. And to me, this shows that IF things were bad at one point, they have the ability to learn from their mistakes - which is a f*cking awesome skillset to master, in my book.

Mate, literally every Nost player made a character here when the original sever went down.. Many quit within few days or weeks, but many kept on playing. Those who kept on playing ditched their characters instantly when Elysium brough Nostalrius back and never came back even though Elysium turned out to be complete shitshow. Now, if people with 60s, gear, gold, professions didn't come back, I seriously doubt many would start over from scratch.

I trust you that many are tired of Elysium shit, but they wont leave simply because of huge population, and that's what matters the most for majority of players. There are literally thousands of Nost players who played here from April to December and I don't see any of them returning to already established characters even though Elysium turned out to be bad, simply because population > everything else.

Maybe you and and few other would take Kronos scripting rather then Elysium population, but that's really minor amount of players compared to the whole crowd who will always stay on the most populated server as long as the server is at least playable.

That's why Kronos needs to have every single player under the same roof. If we get nice population after merge, we will be able to attract other players too based on scripting and everything else without getting instantly eliminated from consideration after new player take a look at the population. Imo, Kronos simply can't afford PvE server right now and to split it's own community once again and that's going to be the case as long as Elysium is so dominant population wise.

Mate, literally every Nost player made a character here when the original sever went down.. Many quit within few days or weeks, but many kept on playing. Those who kept on playing ditched their characters instantly when Elysium brough Nostalrius back and never came back even though Elysium turned out to be complete shitshow. Now, if people with 60s, gear, gold, professions didn't come back, I seriously doubt many would start over from scratch.

I trust you that many are tired of Elysium shit, but they wont leave simply because of huge population, and that's what matters the most for majority of players. There are literally thousands of Nost players who played here from April to December and I don't see any of them returning to already established characters even though Elysium turned out to be bad, simply because population > everything else.

Maybe you and and few other would take Kronos scripting rather then Elysium population, but that's really minor amount of players compared to the whole crowd who will always stay on the most populated server as long as the server is at least playable.

That's why Kronos needs to have every single player under the same roof. If we get nice population after merge, we will be able to attract other players too based on scripting and everything else without getting instantly eliminated from consideration after new player take a look at the population. Imo, Kronos simply can't afford PvE server right now and to split it's own community once again and that's going to be the case as long as Elysium is so dominant population wise.

I read and understand every word you type - and I agree with you, most of the way.

If we were discussing opening a fresh PvP server, I'd be very sceptic about this as well.

Matter is though - the Elysium PvE server is literally the ONLY PvE server out there, that offer a Vanilla experience, using the 1.12.1 client. If Kronos were to offer an alternative - with their Core on it - it wouldn't take much convincing, to get the PvE community to look in this direction.

By your logic, Crestfall shouldn't even bother opening their project, later this year. And yet - they aren't even considering The Elysium Core a competitor. Kronos has the skill and Core to release a worthwhile server, for the Community.

I second Sarei, trying to be bold can be good but it can bring way too many risks in my opinion.

Matter is though - the Elysium PvE server is literally the ONLY PvE server out there, that offer a Vanilla experience, using the 1.12.1 client. If Kronos were to offer an alternative - with their Core on it - it wouldn't take much convincing, to get the PvE community to look in this direction.

One way to see this lack of PvE 1.12.1 servers is that a PvE server would definitely work and everyone wants it. Another is that it could suggest that all previous PvE servers failed and keep failing. And that people would switch to it or be convinced to come remains a hypothesis with few certainties and high potential risk/costs (GM teams, spread population, answer tickets, etc.) compared with not trying to launch a new one.

We might see a couple private servers online now but we have to keep in mind that the natural history of most new servers is actually quick exctinction. The track record is like, really bad, with lots and lots never going off. I have no doubt that among those there were very capable teams, coders and motivated, strong, perseverant & thoughtful leaders.

Crestfall are probably like that, and I wish them good luck, but that in no way assures them victory. They are working against the odds.

As much as I'd absolutely love to have a PVE server, there simply is no chance for it, because Kronos lacks the population and with so many other successful servers out there (Elysium, Hellground nad incoming MoP server), I doubt it'd grow. I'm just hoping it will have enough people after the merge to actually feel alive, with dungeons and pvp constantly running and with people in all areas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom