• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Latency is unbearable

Hotslice

Authorized
Server-side latency / lag issues have been increasingly bad of late. I always had to deal with NA latency issues, but now I have people constantly rubberbanding around, unable to hit people that are right in front of me, or able to white hit but not use hamstring, not regaining control of my character for longer than normal after getting CCed or using charge, the list goes on.

I don't have a solution for this problem, but I just want you to know that it is ruining my enjoyment of PVP. Sticking on a target as warrior is hard enough. Sticking on a target as warrior with the charge implementation on this server where it NEVER actually puts you in melee range was worse. Now pile on NA latency. This is just the stuff I was having to deal with 3 months ago, and it was still tolerable. But now, it's a crapshoot if the person I'm attacking is even where my screen says they are.

It also seems like a quite a few horde players are using lag macros, where they will appear to stop moving, but then teleport forward after a few seconds. During this time I can't hit them because my client is confused about where they are. But it's IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL this from regular server lag which appears the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another fun one that happens to me. I'm walking (not mounted) in a straight line forward. An enemy player is riding directly toward me on his mount. I am literally mashing Charge as fast as I can. The error message changes from "out of range" to "too close" and the charge never goes off. The server latency is bad enough that we can close 17 yards of distance without me ever being able to charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a rogue player, positioning is incredibly important for openers, backstabs, and gouges. That being said, the lag has made it really hard to determine actual needed positioning, especially when moving slower than enemies while in stealth. I don't know if anything can be done about this other than reducing latency though.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhqXqTd.png

Top Bottom