• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Leveling as protection?

Unstoppabull

Hi Guys!

I will be playing on Kronos II and I am thinking to be a Warrior Protection.

Since this is my first time playing Vanilla, I have a few questions:

1. If I got a healer friend, is it possible to level from dungeons and spec protection from level 10?
2. If I will be questing (when I'm not grinding in dungeons) can I play solo - I mean is it playable??
3. Is AoE ginding possible with Warrior Protection in Vanilla?

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Lets say it like this, prot warriors have very little dmg output which could be very boring while solo leveling. If you would go as fury or arms you can still tank dungeons perfectly fine, your solo play will be so much more enjoyable since you said you wanna grind dungeons so the gear shouldnt be a problem for sweet sweet leveling.

Thats just my opinion maybe theres someone who can show you the ways of "protection" leveling.

You've been playing far too much wotlk/cata/mop/wod my friend. May god help you if you decide to level protection on a fresh server. Not only is it the worst leveling class it's also by far the worst imaginable spec.

There's a thread about this, prot warri lvling seems viable. Supposedly 10% slower kill speed but u don't lose as much hp so less reg time.

There's a thread about this, prot warri lvling seems viable. Supposedly 10% slower kill speed but u don't lose as much hp so less reg time.

I would love a step by step leveling guide for prot warriors. It seems i'm losing a gem here.

Leveling without much eating, efficiently soloing some elites, non-gear dependant, only at the cost of 10% speed? Sounds too good.

Can someone post a leveling spec, and the spending points per 5 levels please?

Fury is pretty broken atm since you can crit sit to get enrage. That was never intended.
As long as it remains this way fury might be your best bet for leveling.

Generally all specs work in a way and are better/worse depending on the situation.

Prot leveling is fine, just bit slower, you spend less time eating, more time killing. Also get the elixir which restores hp, trolls blood or something like that, cant remember.. its a green flask xD AoE is very minimal, you cant aoe grind

Speccing prot gives you a lot of nice defensive help and cooldowns which give you some more leeway in a dungeon than the other specs do.

However outside of dungeons you are worse off in terms of ability to kill monsters. If you are leveling with a friend being prot isn't so bad.

Top Bottom