• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior LF Macro charge/intercept

coolwhip

If in combat;
If not in zerker go to Berserker Stance and Intercept tar
If not in combat;
If not in battle stance go to Battle Stance and Charge tar

Idk how the codes go so mb u can help me out here :)

Code:
/script texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Intercept(Rank 3)"); else CastSpellByName("Charge(Rank 3)"); end;

This macro will charge if you are in battle stance and intercept if you are in berserker stance. You will have to adapt the ranks to the ones you currently have.

I think if you just leave the rank empty max rank is always used, which is the only rank warriors can use anyway.

I'm shit at writing macros, but a few things to add to your request.

Have it check your rage if less than 10 use blood rage. Also if intercept is on CD and or less than 10 rage, and blood rage is on CD, to have the macro automatically remove your blood rage and put you in arms and attempt a charge (in-case you still have the buff from a previous mob). Combat checks need to be added to one above, otherwise looks like you will have needless stance dances when grinding, and should have charge listed as first check.

I'm following this as I'd definitely be interested in such a macro as well.

Please do share if you're able to make it work.

Install the addon AutoStanceDance. Then the macro will be
/cast charge
/cast intercept
Requires several button pushed if it is in the wrong stance but the addon is also useful for stuff like stance-dancing fears or overpower. It isn't as elegant as some macros but it simply works.

Last edited:
This macro should do what OP asked for while fitting within the default character limit. Can't currently test it as I'm at work and not 100% sure if the API functions used exist in 1.12, but worth a try nonetheless.

Code:
/run a = UnitAffectingCombat("player");b = GetShapeshiftForm()if a then if b == 3 then CastSpellByName("Intercept");else CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance");end;elseif b == 1 then CastSpellByName("Charge");else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance");end;

It does require two clicks if it needs to switch stances, but that isn't avoidable afaik.

Edit: GetShapeshiftForm() seems to be a 2.0 addition. Can't find a way to make the macro work within 255 chars.

To make the macro work, paste the following into the SuperMacro extended lua code:

Code:
function GetShapeshiftForm() for i=1,GetNumShapeshiftForms() do local _,_,c = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(i); if c then return i; end; end; end;

Edit 2: We should really make an addon that implements some missing API functions. Would make making macros much easier.

Last edited:
macroextender adds a lot of API functions to 1.12, it's a shame hardly anyone has heard of it.

This macro should do what OP asked for while fitting within the default character limit. Can't currently test it as I'm at work and not 100% sure if the API functions used exist in 1.12, but worth a try nonetheless.

Code:
/run a = UnitAffectingCombat("player");b = GetShapeshiftForm()if a then if b == 3 then CastSpellByName("Intercept");else CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance");end;elseif b == 1 then CastSpellByName("Charge");else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance");end;

It does require two clicks if it needs to switch stances, but that isn't avoidable afaik.

Edit: GetShapeshiftForm() seems to be a 2.0 addition. Can't find a way to make the macro work within 255 chars.

To make the macro work, paste the following into the SuperMacro extended lua code:

Code:
function GetShapeshiftForm() for i=1,GetNumShapeshiftForms() do local _,_,c = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(i); if c then return i; end; end; end;

Edit 2: We should really make an addon that implements some missing API functions. Would make making macros much easier.

There is an addon for that and it is called SuperMacro.

Top Bottom