• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Looking for Evidence

Breda

Authorized
Im looking for evidence to the spell Entangling Roots.

Currently you can root multiple targets and i think that it should not be possible to root more than 1 target.

I cannot find anything that says/shows the root can only effect one target. This is currently my speculation and i think the root should only be possible to root one target at a time.

Thats why im asking in the forums for help. Maybe some know a video that shows how the first root disappears when casting Entangling root on another target. And then also showing how Nature's Grasp works. Does it remove a previous Root or is it possible to root 2 at the same time with Nature's Grasp and Entangling Roots?

P.S.: In PvP you can only have 1 root at a time. So this case is only for PvE. If you are looking for PvP Videos, it wont help.

Honestly? Why would you need a video? It's pretty well known, that you could only root one target. The first target fades instantly, when you finished your cast on the second target. Nature's Grasp behaves, like you cast a root instantly. If you had a rooted target before, it removes the previous, and roots the attacker.

For some reason I do remember that you are allowed to entangle more then one...and that in WPvP you can still entangle more then one target if two were after you (after CD ofc). I'll ask my friend who played druid back in the day, but don't have any evidence for you apart from fuzzy memory...which has failed more times then not when trying to remember mechanics.

Did Blizzard do that though? Have spells work different in PvP then PvE...I know Guild Wars did it but not WoW.

Edit: Here is a slimmer of proof. a feenix server bug report which states that you can only root one mob at a time...the next root cast will overwrite the previous: https://github.com/FeenixServerProject/Phoenix_1.12.1_Issue_tracker/issues/1981. It isn't concrete but shows that the opinion of rooting more then one was never around.

Last edited:
Honestly? Why would you need a video? It's pretty well known, that you could only root one target. The first target fades instantly, when you finished your cast on the second target. Nature's Grasp behaves, like you cast a root instantly. If you had a rooted target before, it removes the previous, and roots the attacker.

Yea this case is already reported and confirmed, i missunderstood something here. So but still i think this thread is good to ask for evidence for different cases. I wanted to have a thread where you can ask for evidence which is hard to find or takes to much time. I used the Suggestion of possible bug previously ^^

Im looking for the exact NPC's Location of Alliance Brigadir General and Horde Warbringer. The Horde ones at Alterac Valley entrance in Alterac Mountains and in Barrens at the Red Portal entrance. The Alliance one in Ashenvale at the Red Portal entrance.

There are 6 locations altogether and i already got the other 3 Locations.
These NPC's are those where you can turn in those WSG/AB/AV marks.

This is really hard to find :/

Im looking for the exact NPC's Location of Alliance Brigadir General and Horde Warbringer. The Horde ones at Alterac Valley entrance in Alterac Mountains and in Barrens at the Red Portal entrance. The Alliance one in Ashenvale at the Red Portal entrance.

There are 6 locations altogether and i already got the other 3 Locations.
These NPC's are those where you can turn in those WSG/AB/AV marks.

This is really hard to find :/

3 locations outside capital cities?...cause the other 3 locations would be inside capital cities

3 locations outside capital cities?...cause the other 3 locations would be inside capital cities

Woops, yes i mean those outside capital cities. there should be 6 and i have position of 3. I dont mean the ones inside the capital cities.

I cannot find anything that says/shows the root can only effect one target. This is currently my speculation and i think the root should only be possible to root one target at a time.

Blizz changed the behavior of entangling roots in PvP patch 2.2.0, when lower durations of CC effects against PvP targets were introduced.

Are you sure there were 6? I can't remember ever encountering a horde warbringer outside a capital city (other then the portal) try logging into other private servers and having a look.

Are you sure there were 6? I can't remember ever encountering a horde warbringer outside a capital city (other then the portal) try logging into other private servers and having a look.

Yes im sure, ive made a bugreport about that some time ago: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=3152

There were 6 of those 3 for ally and 3 for horde.

Edit: Ive commented on that bugreport which is about the 3 ones i found, you can look at it and see :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom