• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Lowlevel pvp and resists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icWqS9af6uc&app=desktop

Kindly refer to the first Vurtne pvp movie. Yes he played shaman first ;)
Fast forward to 17:00 from there on he fights a few skull marked and red enemies and has not much resists against the red ones.
maybe this video helps somehow

Judging by the fight at min. 17 against that paladin, I counted he casted around 7 or 8 spells, and got 5 resisted. From my PoV, that's not "having not much resists against the red ones". Didn't watch the whole video though, only that fight.

I watched the Vurtne videos you posted and yes they kill a skull level enemy (the paladin in particular) but around 75% of the damage dealing spells are resisted or are as my sources explained dealing much less than full damage.

As to your statement that "level resists chances in pvp were exactly the same in vanilla" it's safer to assume no and provide sources that give vanilla data. If you wan't to make that statement you need to back it up with sources.

Shortly after as you mentioned there is a fight with Vurtne and his buddy against 2 red enemies. The problem with this is they don't cast enough spells (compared to the mage video) to form an opinion and it's heavily edited. Not to mention they almost kill them entirely with melee hits. Where as in the mage video, he is using entirely spells, is a different level, using binary and nonbinary spells and is a part of TBC content. It isn't a good idea to compare the two.

All I have been aiming to do is provide accurate vanilla formulas and data. Hopefully from that a passionate user who cares about this issue can go and test on the live server to see if it matches up. Second hand accounts of how it feels "wrong" only give light to a possible issue and even then a lot of the time it is false positives. Hopefully since this is such a big deal breaker to you (will cause you to quit the server) then you would perhaps find it possible to do some testing of your own and back up claims with numbers and sources. Without direct evidence the devs will leave your issue till later because they have better documented bug reports to deal with. Bugs with information and detailed reports get fixed quicker.

P.S. I missed the nude fight when I was skipping through it, my apologies.

Going to wade in here with my anecdotal evidence. I played a lot of wsg/ab back in vanilla it was the main thing I loved doing in the game, certainly a lot more than raiding etc. Anyway I would always jump into a bg at low level 23/33/43 and so on.. and I never had the problems with misses or resists that I would expect to have in pve against a mob 6 levels higher.

Even when I went in at low level I stood a chance in terms of actually being able to hit my opponent even if they were 6 levels higher. It was mine and the other peoples understanding whom I pvp'ed with that weapon skills and what not were increased to the highest possible level for the bracket we were in, it would have been a complete waste of time to play otherwise and this was certainly not the case back in the day.

FWIW:

Level Difference
It is possible to kill players much higher level than you. You can hit them. There are certain class match-ups that will work in your favor despite the level difference. It's much easier killing a higher-level player than a high-level monster. One of the main differences between different level characters is damage output. Thus, many lower-level players can take down a single higher-level player with their combined damage output.

src: http://web.archive.org/web/20061211...pe.com/en/info/basics/honor/survivingpvp.html

this implies clearly that players were, as we all remember, much easier to hit than mobs in regard to level difference.

is it possible to make a bug report about this? Not sure how one would go about it.

Just created a Global Bug report about this issue:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5613

I listed all the sources in this thread as well as linking this thread for the Devs. Please list all additional materials, sources, evidence for this issue in the bug thread from now on so we can keep everything in one place.

This is likely not an "Easy" fix and may take awhile but getting the Devs this info will help if they so choose to work on this one.

Thanks all

I listed all the sources in this thread as well as linking this thread for the Devs. Please list all additional materials, sources, evidence for this issue in the bug thread from now on so we can keep everything in one place.

This is likely not an "Easy" fix and may take awhile but getting the Devs this info will help if they so choose to work on this one.

Thanks all

Nice work, just gave it my vote.

Thanks all

Nice. Voted. Hope this gets some attention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom