• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Macro for swapping trinket in combat

Brochette

Authorized
Hi,

Could someone propose me a working macro to swap trinket in combat?
I've the ZG one (i am lazy, i know, i could get the CC one which is better)

This one works out of combat but not in raid, it fails 9/10 (fd not resisting)

/Script CastPetAction(10);
/script PetFollow();
/cast Feign Death
/run if (IsEquippedAction(ID)) then else UseAction(ID);end;

I suppose something is missing.

Can you help me? :x

Last edited:
I suppose it is working if you press the button twice. Not too familiar with the reason behind this, but writing consecutive commands in macros sometimes leads them to not fire properly even if the commands used are not tried to any global or regular cooldown. i.e. mages 1-shot macro.

There is a much simpler and more versatile solution imo. Use trinket menu. You can create lists to Q trinkets into the slot once the current one is on cool down. Just feign death and trinket menu should automatically switch it.

Hi,

Could someone propose me a working macro to swap trinket in combat?
I've the ZG one (i am lazy, i know, i could get the CC one which is better)

This one works out of combat but not in raid, it fails 9/10 (fd not resisting)

/Script CastPetAction(10);
/script PetFollow();
/cast Feign Death
/run if (IsEquippedAction(ID)) then else UseAction(ID);end;

I suppose something is missing.

Can you help me? :x

I use TrinketMenu to swap off trinkets on raid bosses. I normally pop Earthstrike on pull and when it ends I use my PetFollow macro, then have the trinket replacing Earthstrike ready on my addon, lastly I FD. The addon queues the trinket to swap once out of combat.

It's pretty simple it looks like this with your equipped on left and inventory on right.

QMs6T8g.png

bGm5tHy.png

Left click to replace 1st trinket when leaving combat, right click for 2nd trinket

I still think FD is still buggy for raid environments even with proper macros to FD and get your pet out of AoE or things that keep it in combat.

I am interested if there are any easier ways to do this from Feign Death macros, otherwise I think the server just has some hiccups that keep us from properly leaving combat in raid fights.

It works at least, thanks a lot.
I would have prefer a one button macro but this will do.

Oh, and the trinket does OK, it adds ~13 dps (to white damage)for his duration, not great but better than devilsaur eye.

Last edited:
Actually, I've only recently acquired earthstrike so I was looking for something similar the other day. I came up with TrinketMenu too but version 3.41 (it says) which from 3.0 upwards introduced Autoqueue. Basically what this means: you can set up a priority list for you trinkets (f.e. I use earthstrike and bb). I've set it up that earthstrike not on cd and when used for 20 seconds (the buff) has a higher priority than bb. After those 20 seconds earthstrike will go in cooldown mode which has a lower priority than bb and will be autoqueued to be replaced when out of combat (with vanish, fd or actually killing all mobs). When there is 30 seconds CD on the trinket left, the priority of earthstrike rises again and will be autoqueued to replace bb again. I don't have to do anything anymore but time my vanish correctly after those 20 seconds of earthstrike buff and it will swap those two trinkets correctly for me when appropriate.

If you got more questions u can allways whisp me ingame. Hope this helped

Top Bottom