• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin macro help

thorrium

Hey guys, I am an "old timer" returning, having not played anything wow related since mid BC.

I would like some assistance, I am trying to get simple macro's working, so I can fiddle with it later on, when I get higher level.

For now all I want is to be able to click the macro, and activate a seal (seal of righteousness) into a judgment on the selected target...
I would love any advice on how to write it.

I don't know whether this is possible because activating a seal triggers global cooldown. You'd have to wait for that GCD before you are able to use judgement again. And I think that wait is what is making it hard implementing a macro like that.
On the other hand I barely use macros, so there might be a solution.

Judgement is off the global cooldown.

But you should be able to make a casting sequence right? I have tried looking into the things, but tbh it is a lot to understand in a very short timephrame, which is why I could really use some help... (if it is at all possible).

A basic

Code:
/cast Judgement
/cast Seal of Command

should work. You'll have to hit it twice, but with most people mashing buttons, it shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise you will need some scripting. I borrowed this from the internet people

Code:
/run local b=false; for i=1,16 do if(UnitBuff("player",i)) then if(string.find(UnitBuff("player",i),"ThunderBolt")) then b=true; break; end; end; end; if b==true then CastSpellByName("Judgement"); else CastSpellByName("Seal of Righteousness()"); end

This one will always cast max rank. It will also re-seal if you don't have a seal active.

PS: Castsequence it a TBC thingy, sadly it doesn't exist in vanilla. No #showtooltip and other goodies aswell.

Nope Voodoom, the cast macro works with default blizz interface. First click activates Seal, and if you have a seal active, it casts Judgement.

A basic

Code:
/cast Judgement
/cast Seal of Command

should work. You'll have to hit it twice, but with most people mashing buttons, it shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise you will need some scripting. I borrowed this from the internet people

Code:
/run local b=false; for i=1,16 do if(UnitBuff("player",i)) then if(string.find(UnitBuff("player",i),"ThunderBolt")) then b=true; break; end; end; end; if b==true then CastSpellByName("Judgement"); else CastSpellByName("Seal of Righteousness()"); end

This one will always cast max rank. It will also re-seal if you don't have a seal active.

PS: Castsequence it a TBC thingy, sadly it doesn't exist in vanilla. No #showtooltip and other goodies aswell.

I tried the first one already, it don't seem to work, or at least I can't get it to taget the mobs.
it just reuses seal again and again.
But I will totally look into the 2nd one.

I am just so sure that back in the day when we did pvp we all had these great macro's, sadly it was in OG vanilla, so I can't remember it properly.

Nope Voodoom, the cast macro works with default blizz interface.
Oh really ? I always thought that it was broken and Vanilla and used /script CastSpellByName...
Guess it's time to clean my macros ! :biggrin:

@thorrium If the second macro is not working, I will give you mine.

Well the first macro does not target anything, you are supposed to target something first :biggrin:

Oh really ? I always thought that it was broken and Vanilla and used /script CastSpellByName...
Guess it's time to clean my macros ! :biggrin:

@thorrium If the second macro is not working, I will give you mine.

If you can send me your macro I would be happy, you can do it in PM if you don't want the others to see the majestic writing :)

- - - Updated - - -

A basic

Code:
/cast Judgement
/cast Seal of Command

It do work, but then I rather have it set up as a quick combo (1,2) as I feel it is strange to double click the macro.
But it do work...

Top Bottom