• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Mage or Rogue?

Rockmaster

Authorized
Hey guys!
Can anyone help me decide what I should play once the server releases?
I will mostly focus on pvp and raid casually.
the problem is that like 4O% of horde will roll a mage or rogue...but they are my absolut favorite classes. I tried all others too.

Now it is up to you mage and rogue players. Give me your best arguments to roll one of the both classes! Raid spot? world pvp? Easy to gear? Any special factors? Why fun?

Give me your best reasons why I should roll either, mage or rogue!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hey guys!
Can anyone help me decide what I should play once the server releases?
I will mostly focus on pvp and raid casually.
the problem is that like 4O% of horde will roll a mage or rogue...but they are my absolut favorite classes. I tried all others too.

Now it is up to you mage and rogue players. Give me your best arguments to roll one of the both classes! Raid spot? world pvp? Easy to gear? Any special factors? Why fun?

Give me your best reasons why I should roll either, mage or rogue!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Mage is a good all around class imo. Do u hate being kited? Hate being cooldown reliant? Roll mage. Do u like to be sneeky and love ganking? Do u like to 2 shot some people without them being able to react? Roll rogue. Also depends on their specs tho. Both scale good, lvling is easier as mage. Both very strong duelists.
Raidspot shouldn't be a problemo with both.
World PvP both strong, Rogue has surprise effect and can sneek up on people, vanish. Mage can kite for ages and will get away a lot as well.
Both are easy to gear.

Hmm i just would add that a raid never can get enough mages, they are more solid dps in every encouter then rogues.

Both are easy to gear.

completely disagree. Rogue problem is, the other half od the server will be a rogue. = alot of other rouges will want same gear.
Mage problem is, they share most of items with warlocks. This will result to same problem as rogue have :wink:

completely disagree. Rogue problem is, the other half od the server will be a rogue. = alot of other rouges will want same gear.
Mage problem is, they share most of items with warlocks. This will result to same problem as rogue have :wink:

And warriors will roll on some leather gear as well... so rogues, maybe feral and warrior might roll on the same item.

Mages and Warlocks share most of the loot? I'd say classes that have their own viable tier set are very easy to gear. U say they are hard to gear solely cause of offset items? Come on man, other classes have a lot more probs rly. And ofc there will be a lot of rogues, but then I didn't say it would be easy to get into a raid. I meant the actual gearing would be easy since u have so much viable looterino + PvP Sets are also viable for both classes.

omg...every non-stupid person will exclude item sets :wacko: .
At all, if you count any garbage gear which is weared because "nothing better" in slot.. well then... yes, all characters are easy to gear.
Just dude, i am expecting answer at some level...

At all, if you count any garbage gear which is weared because "nothing better" in slot.. well then... yes, all characters are easy to gear.

Why would u exclude item sets? R u saying that random drops are always better than tier items?
And no, u won't always use the tier set of your class, since they don't always have the stats u want for your spec, but hey I thought u'r an expert, why would I dare question u senpai?
- I will ignore your insult for now.

Peeps on the forum are too focused on their ego. Only a few (obvious ones trolls aside) are actually trying to piss anyone(everyone) off here, so regardless of how butthurt one may get in response, let's play nice. Not pointing any fingers here, just a general statement.

On to run the subject at hand, Both classes are squishy, frost will let you live longer, if you are adept at remaining situationally aware of your surroundings. Giving healers dank water will always boost your team, and those cinnamon rolls are fucking life savers.

scouting the enemy is obviously a benefit, but less so with working mind vision.
Yeah you can blast an efc and expose armor is great, as is improved kidney shot, but you just can't let yourself be touched by the enemy(lol) or you'll blow cooldowns or get fucked. Less gear requires more skill, while more gear is vice versa.

Getting the jump means everything, as a mage you have the range to do it, as a rogue you have the element of (some) surprise.

Worth a second edit:

Go Alchemy, run ZG, get Renataki's Charm of Trickery. Let's see what happens to the server once every rogue and his grandmother has one ahahaha

Last edited:
Why would u exclude item sets? R u saying that random drops are always better than tier items?
And no, u won't always use the tier set of your class, since they don't always have the stats u want for your spec, but hey I thought u'r an expert, why would I dare question u senpai?

you serious or just trolling me ? Tier sets, and some more requires to be specific class. Thats why they should be excluded cause no warlock can take mage item set and vice versa. So if youre serious, dont take it like an insult, theres not any. In the other way im glad you taking it like an insult.

you serious or just trolling me ? Tier sets, and some more requires to be specific class. Thats why they should be excluded cause no warlock can take mage item set and vice versa. So if youre serious, dont take it like an insult, theres not any. In the other way im glad you taking it like an insult.

I could ask u the same thing, friend. It's about tier sets existing, there simply is MORE loot available, ofcourse it has to drop first, but u have that problem with every item (more loot = higher % of getting something). I think we're kinda talking past each other, still u dont have to be acting like a douche on the forums and calling people stupid.

Just to enlighten u, I was including tier sets, u said every "non-stupid" person would exclude them, meaning everyone that does include them is stupid, there's u'r insult. :)

Last edited:
Mages and Warlocks share most of the loot? I'd say classes that have their own viable tier set are very easy to gear. U say they are hard to gear solely cause of offset items? Come on man, other classes have a lot more probs rly. And ofc there will be a lot of rogues, but then I didn't say it would be easy to get into a raid. I meant the actual gearing would be easy since u have so much viable looterino + PvP Sets are also viable for both classes.

for non-stupid person is easy to decide they cant share tier sets. So we talking about non-set items. Right ?

so:

i decided to agree with you, it was an insult,because you seems not trolling me. Then i have nothing more to say. Have a nice day.

Top Bottom