• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Mage or Warlock, Alliance or Horde

RudyRaccoon

Well I finally figured myself that playing a melee class is not for me and I've always do a lot better with a range class because it's easier for me and I don't get lost of my own control which I do with a melee class like Rogue or Warrior. I recently tried Hunter and I'm not liking the pet training thing at all, you have to keep going to different places to tame a different beast that isn't your main and you have to spend a few times using it just to get a new rank of say Bite and it takes forever and you probably have to keep respecing your pet to reset it's points every so often.

Enough mourning about that, I want to move on to a different class and it looks like Mage or Warlock would fit my bill better, although they are not mail wearers like Hunter is but they got the right playstyle at least. Question is which one? I believe Warlock can take in more hits because of the increased health and can solo better but Mage can slow things and kite more effectively, and Polymorph. Although I have concerns about Mage, they have to keep popping up Ice Barrier/Mana Shield all the time and it doesn't last long enough but how can you put it up if you get stealth jumped by Rogue and stun you to oblivion?

By heart I'm an Alliance guy but I keep hearing Horde always being better for PvP and it just annoys me when I keep seeing people in chat saying they lost again to them, Alliance Warlocks are considered to be gimped like how this picture shows in a nutshell.

Odrcyyq.png

Yes, as Alliance you have to deal with Undeads and Shamans. So do I have to roll Horde to have a better chance to play PvP?

From what I've read you probably don't have much experience in vanilla, so I'd suggest you to start playing something and you'll figure out what fits you better.
From my experience Mage is way easier to play for PvP compared to Warlock, I'm not gonna list you all the reasons, but basically it has more survivability.

Oh and about Alliance vs Horde, those savages probably have some advantage in PvP with their racial talents, but I can ensure you that the civilized people of Azeroth can deal with them even with this little disadvantage. Anyways on Kronos there is a little unbalance between the two factions, so if you want to help with that you can roll Horde.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I definitely think you would enjoy a mage better. If you get opened by a rogue you can always blink out of the stun and apply your ice barrier. Mage is great for escaping too, so let's say you come across a fight that looks too tough most often you will be able to apply enough slows and CC to get away. Also, mage is highly desirable in BGs and in dungeon groups (not to say that lock isn't as well).

RudyRaccoon, no matter how many hours people waste in an attempt to give you advice, you'll never make use of it.

Example 1.
Example 2.

You don't even understand the meaning of the picture you've linked in your own thread.

My advice to anyone is to not waste time on this person.

RudyRaccoon, no matter how many hours people waste in an attempt to give you advice, you'll never make use of it.

Example 1.
Example 2.

You don't even understand the meaning of the picture you've linked in your own thread.

My advice to anyone is to not waste time on this person.

Whoa Horo, I don't know why your suddenly jumping the gun at me but there's no need for it. I'm just trying to find a class I'm most comfortable with so I'm not some jokester that your thinking of. Yes I know I made those Warrior threads about a week ago but do try to be more reasonable will you. :rolleyes2:

As for the picture in the 1st post of this thread, I do know what it's about.

What this picture actually shows is that alliance warlock harm themselves more then anyone else and then blame it on wotf.

You got 2 problems man. 1st is you have no fucking clue what so ever. 2nd is that you are immune to good advice.
This will be the last time you will get any sort of help from me as it is getting extremely tiresome.

Just roll a fucking spriest. Its the only class/spec combination that a mentally challenged player like you would even remotely understand. Bye.

What this picture actually shows is that alliance warlock harm themselves more then anyone else and then blame it on wotf.

You got 2 problems man. 1st is you have no fucking clue what so ever. 2nd is that you are immune to good advice.
This will be the last time you will get any sort of help from me as it is getting extremely tiresome.

Just roll a fucking spriest. Its the only class/spec combination that a mentally challenged player like you would even remotely understand. Bye.

The hell! Why so much haterino! Oh wait, it's Lharts! :wink:

Anyways I have to agree with you about the Shadow Priest, it's pretty easy to play in PvP. You can easily beat most of other classes, you probably will have some troubles with shamans and hunters, but overall it's super easy and fun to play!

Top Bottom