• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Make world bosses great again!

Pipfugl

Authorized
So, as a raid leader of one of the bigger horde guilds, it's been a pain for me, and us, to compete on world bosses ever since K1 and K2 merged. Why? X7 events on K1. They simply made it possible for people to have tons of warlocks and characters logged out and ready at spawn positions. We already mentioned this before the merge happened, that it would screw over all K2 guilds, which it INDEED did. This is something that has to change, because it's a major thing for the big guilds in vanilla; the epic pvp fights, the boss fights and the loot.

Nightmare Dragons are ok. Why? 30min attack timer. Solution? Implement it on Kazzak and Azuregos aswell, to stop this unbalanced shit going on. Then we at least have a CHANCE of getting there before they're dead.

I can't see any reasons not to do it. Please do it and bring back the fun around world bosses.

With all the love and respect
Wipe Club

Those bosses drop trash epics, you can easyly replace them with pre-naxx blues.

Why do you want to kill those bosses as you have AQ on farm?

Not everyone raids for loot. A lot of people didn't have the chance to kill world bosses in retail vanilla and want to try the fights. As Pipfugl said, there was often great PvP action around the bosses.
I think it is a good suggestion.

edit: Pipfugls second post wasn't there when I started to write the text above.

Last edited:
you can do wpvp in other zones like silithus or brm.

btw you can create pvp premade join bg and try to win with your guild group

You miss the entire point Lenni. It's not balanced as it is now, because K1 guilds have had the chance level a ton of alts, which we didn't, at least not in the same way (there was never a x7 event on K2). We do world PVP and BG's too. But we also want to do world bosses.

so I dont understand

you want to kill world boss, but you dont need loot, you just need world pvp, but you dont want world pvp anywhere else and only at worldboss spawn location

does azshara's and blasted lands textures create some additional pleasure for world pvp in your case?

Yeah of course it's possible to world PvP elsewhere and this does happen - but it's not the same as world PvP when world bosses are present :)

so I dont understand

you want to kill world boss, but you dont need loot, you just need world pvp, but you dont want world pvp anywhere else and only at worldboss spawn location

does azshara's and blasted lands textures create some additional pleasure for world pvp in your case?

Can you please stop trying to make this go off topic? You don't read what I post here obviously. Let me rephrase: "It's not only about the loot. It's the fight and world PVP I miss the most. As is it for the most of our guild."

You obviously don't PVP a lot, if you think Wipe Club doesn't do world pvp / battlegrounds. Stop being a troll and go somewhere else, so we can adress the actual issue here. Thanks.

Yeah of course it's possible to world PvP elsewhere and this does happen - but it's not the same as world PvP when world bosses are present :)
tell us more about this kind of fun

What is a difference between wiping guilds in brm and wiping guild which fights Azuregos or Kazak?

"7x is unfair"
"tens of warlocks in every zone"
"too many characters"

I summon 99% of our raid with my warlocks, while forming the raid and tanking the world bosses. Yes, that's right. One single summon alt. But sure, it's because of 7x, not because of I had 2 years to level 17 of them to 45x.

It's already retarded having to wait 30 mins on Lethon with 2-3 alliance raids doing a tag-fest AOE spam with pets on aggressive that determines the winner, and now you want the same for other two bosses. Might as well make a system where a dice is rolled every time a world boss spawns that determines which guild can loot it when it dies, and no other guild can.

Don't blame 7x for your lack of caring/trying.

It really doesn't surprise me it's Vanguard people trying to oppose this. It was expected. I hope the developers can see beyond this.

A lot of people didn't have the chance to kill world bosses in retail vanilla and want to try the fights.

Wanting to try is okay. But if your guild doesn't put in the effort that other guilds do in order to get to try it, then you might have to log in to PTR and try it there. I realize that me saying this is rude, but that's what it is - they spawn once every 8 days on average and only a single raid group gets access to their loot, the one that is the luckiest/fastest/with the best setup/most experience/best perpared, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

It really doesn't surprise me it's Vanguard people trying to oppose this. It was expected. I hope the developers can see beyond this.

I answered your post with reasons why it is a bad idea, describing situations that happen already with 30 min afk timer that make the whole experience ridiculous (spam aoe and pray that you are luckier than other raids spamming aoe, get tag, enjoy loot).
I also answered your claim that 7x is an issue here, and that you "cannot compete".

You answered that "it's no wonder I complain about your suggestion and that you hope devs won't listen to me". Nice (counter)argument.

I'll help you a bit.
1) Describe the problem.
2) Clearly prove that it is a problem that requires server-side solution.
3) Describe possible solutions.
4) Clearly prove that your solutions result in a better system and a better outcome overall.

You've done 1) and 3) but not 2) and 4).

Last edited:
The 30 minute timer on the 4D promotes a tag fest. Memento Mori are just as fast (if not rarely faster) than us, so Lethon is most likely going to be tagfest from now on. It's dumb, and as Erminn said, it's basically pot-luck who gets to kill it.

Position your warlocks properly and establish a better alert system. The 7x event gave us no real advantage, as it takes a few weeks to level 3 warlocks to 45 anyway - exactly what most of the Threat Capped people in Vanguard have done already. Too much time has passed for the 7x event to still be considered a valid excuse, as in the time since you could have leveled loads of warlocks.

I am ex-K2 and I have summoning alts, as do most of ex-Threat Capped, so what's everyone else's excuse?

Last edited:
Why don't you just remove that level-45-summoning-thing? Just set it up as it should be, level 20 or w/e it is. I joined the server and leveled on x7, 60s with 4 locks on follow leveling were all over the place. Anyone from K1 who would have summoners locks at level 20, got them to 45 almost just as easy so that custom feature doesn't make much sense.

Together we need to make horde great again.

So we can crush their dreams... Again.

You have my support, wretched beasts.

If you want to make it fair remove the arbitrary level 45 restriction on warlocks. It was stupid when it was implemented and it's stupid still.

The 30 minute timer slaughters any attempt at world pvp, turning it into a retarded tagfest. If you have not experienced it yourself look at the Emerald Dragon release on K1, I'm sure there are videos. The horde was easily dealt with because they were outnumbered by far, and the rest of the alliance had a competition of "whoever tags first gets the realm first". The horde didn't even show up for the next three releases. So much for world pvp.

I have brilliant idea :loly:

need to change spawn location for worldbosses - spawn them every 8 days at gurubashi arena instead of chest

Horde didn't get x7 event on K1 or what am I missing Lipfugl? From what I've seen people are already logged out @ Azu and Kazzak so you dont really need summoners. Git gud casul :wub:

Last edited:
So, as a raid leader of one of the bigger horde guilds, it's been a pain for me, and us, to compete on world bosses ever since K1 and K2 merged. Why? X7 events on K1. They simply made it possible for people to have tons of warlocks and characters logged out and ready at spawn positions. We already mentioned this before the merge happened, that it would screw over all K2 guilds, which it INDEED did. This is something that has to change, because it's a major thing for the big guilds in vanilla; the epic pvp fights, the boss fights and the loot.

Nightmare Dragons are ok. Why? 30min attack timer. Solution? Implement it on Kazzak and Azuregos aswell, to stop this unbalanced shit going on. Then we at least have a CHANCE of getting there before they're dead.

I can't see any reasons not to do it. Please do it and bring back the fun around world bosses.

With all the love and respect
Wipe Club

I am playing in a guild where many k1 and k2 players have leveled a lock to 45 long after x7 and we also get a shot on some world bosses thanks to those dedicated people. Maybe you lack those dedicated players, you do not have players who spend days scouting world bosses, your summoners and your communication infrastructure are too slow or to sum it up in a rather harsh way: Maybe your guild sucks.

Edit: it is btw very ridiculous that a guild which only does "world pvp" when they outnumber others like in

- 40vs10 ppl who run in BRM
- 40vs10 ppl who are summoning in front of aq
- 40vs the unlucky guy who hearthstones to cenarion hold before raid and is dead before bis loading screen is complete

scenarios is complaining about missing world pvp on world bosses. I guess you would not even show up vs two alliance raids if you could. So please, before telling anyone here something about world pvp, learn how to pvp because what you do is not wpvp, it is just outnumbering and ambushing a few ppl. That's the same skill level as beating up a baby.

Last edited:
The amount of shitposts is amazing. Personal and guild insults. Good on you guys. Maybe you are just scared that you would see competition on the world bosses. I don't know.

To answer some of the claims:
1. Horde dominated world bosses on K2. So we know how to compete on them, when things are fair.
2. Tagfest, wait what? You go ahead and try to tag it, we'll kill you meanwhile and then the boss. It would NEVER become a tagfest, if both sides were actually competing for it.
3. It's not our fault that K1 horde never stood up to you in the world boss race. Afaik we got 2/4 nightmare dragons last week, mkay.
4. Why are you so scared of actual competition? Is it more fun to you that you kill them 20man 1min after they spawn?

If you actually are so good as you claim, and so damn organized, what would it matter to you that a 30min timer would be added? Your proffessional organization would outrule us anyways then.

Ouh and
5. Sorry for suggesting something that would bring more world pvp and fun to this dying server. I still stand my ground and I genuinly believe it would make things more fun (and frustrating for those who end up loosing, but thats a part of vanilla).

And last
We. Never. F****. Asked. For. The. Servers. To. Merge.

Make the world bosses great again and stop being scared of healthy competition.

smells like somebody wants the whole server to be changed just because he can not level some alts to level 45 and scout world bosses.

Top Bottom