• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Misconception most of you are having

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient

It slipped your mind, or you just dont get it - so ill make it simple:
90% of kronos playerbase IS also Nostalrius playerbase.
Same people who lurk here and comment positively on these boards, are also lurking in Nos forums with the same attitue

only a definite small vocal minority of Hardcore Koronos only fanboys lead you into the false imagine that this server (same goes for nors, btw) has a devoting "army"

Playerbase and fans wise: Kronos = Nostal

- - - Updated - - -

Thus, vast majority of comments here who say things like "i wont play nost, and wait for koronos" - simply lie.

I think nostalrios staff/GM understood this concept and hurried up to open before Twinstar did, and french, like french always do - lose those wars because they never act.

Unless nostalrius has MAJOR flaws (and i think they have, i got some feeling they lie in their videos or manipulate) people wont migrate to Kronos

Yes Mr. 4.2.2015. I totally believe what you say.
You have to be active on more then just 2 forums to realise this is not quite true. The major part of the community here is not even active on the forum. At least not really.
So its only that small proportion who shares forum accounts on both servers.

I am more worried about Feenix finally releasing AQ on ED actually.

To make it even more clear, except mindless fanboys, NOBODY cared about either kronos nor Nostalrius, we care about vanilla WOW. thats it.

So if Nostal server is even half decent (way more then Feenix), poeple will stay there, and play there, because its a good vanilla exp.
Those who think people will wait for kronos because of..kronos loyalty is DELUSIONAL

stop bullshiting me, most of people are here, because they are either sick of shitty P servers, or they really like scripts and work behind Kronos

To make it even more clear, except mindless fanboys, NOBODY cared about either kronos nor Nostalrius, we care about vanilla WOW. thats it.

So if Nostal server is even half decent (way more then Feenix), poeple will stay there, and play there, because its a good vanilla exp.
Those who think people will wait for kronos because of..kronos loyalty is DELUSIONAL

And what about those who will wait for Kronos because they played in the Nos tests and witnessed laughable bugs that you'd only expect to see on a default Mangos server?

This servers community expect a certain amount of quality. We are not easily pleased.
According to your posts, you are, Ancient.

When we heard about Nos the first time? Was it two months ago? Three? I remember someone here posted about them or linked to their forums, I checked it and it had like 20 topics total. I couldn't take it seriously. And frankly, regarding their test runs, nothing has changed so far for it to be taken seriously.

So why is Nos even a thing then? Currently there isn't a server for vanilla enthusiasts. ED is ED. Rebirth has its reputation tarnished forever. And then there is some Russian server. There has been a period starting from Rebirth ddos that there hasn't practically been any server for vanilla gaming. There has been servers popping up with the hype and guess what? They weren't able to stay up and/or had shitty scripting. They all died.

The playerbase enthusiasm can only carry so far. It's in our nature, in our politics, in our news cycles, in our god damn internet memes, and why not in our WoW server releases. Our attention span just isn't enough to keep these servers alive when they don't have anything else to offer. The server release is a game itself, the initial rush for fame and wealth and gear and guild/raid spots. Some players will naturally quit during this, but new players won't join if the server is otherwise shitty because the rush isn't there anymore. This starts the slow population decline. Kronos actually have the advantage here of being released later, because it is the last hope so to speak, no other server in sight to be released.

The only thing why Nos is hot is hype. The same hype every single new server rises and dies with. Players just want to get their fix. After the initial rush everyone will be more calm, even the doomsayers here.

Lots say they will test Nos out. I will too (well not that saturday because I have a 10h shift :no: ). Because I also have the WoW cravings. That most likely won't keep me or others there. Nos reeks of failure. I say this because I have the first hand experience of being a bright eyed sheep following others to a server that suddenly appeared, promised much, had great future and delivered too little and bled to death. Some would argue the same about Kronos? Perhaps. All I know Kronos has delivered 1000% better mechanics videos, is open about bugs and has been somewhat proven by its earlier iterations to been good scripted.

I'm not a Kronos fanboy. If anything, I would hope Nos would be better scripted since they don't have shop or stupid respec cost. Then my decision would only be on ddos protection and player levels. Them being better scripted or even near par is not in any way realistic hope.

People will jump to Kronos when it launches. Not necessarily by amounts which will outright kill Nos, especially if the release is rather soon. But it is as foreseen as when people will jump to the next thing after Kronos. By that time both Nos and Kronos will be old servers, and they will be judged by their merits, not their launch dates.

TLDR: The story of Nos is like any other server we've forgotten by now.

An account created a week ago coming with general truth that is appliable just to the whole community. Okey. Sorry, too many threads here, only few will survive. Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom