• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

More Race/Class combinations

Typhoon

Hey,

just wanted to suggest something, even though I'm not 100% sure if it is a good idea or not.

o Would it be possible to implement Human Hunters or Undead Hunters ? I never understood how this wasn't suitable for the game lore

o On the other hand, IF this would be implemented, it would be VERY IMPORTANT to only have racials from the original Vanilla Races --> You won't have Will of the Forsaken on your Undead Hunter, but you can choose either Orc, Troll or Tauren Racials. It's just a "look" thing without allowing race/class combinations like in retail Wow, where you can create absurd characters.

Other examples: Gnome Priest (even if I don't like gnomes), Troll Warlock, Troll Druide? Actually, Human Hunter is like the best example... and thus undead hunters make sense too.

It's not very important but stylish.

You can always change your Orc to UD just by client if its only the visuals you are after. It s complicated, but possible.

Hey, sorry to disappoint you, but no that won't be available.

You might be able to do some model-editing and replace the (just to give an example) the Tauren model with an Undead, so your Tauren Hunter would look like an Undead in your game.

However, I'm not sure how well this would work, and whether it is even allowed or not.

It's not gonna happen. The only way you could do it is by editing the models yourself. I've never done it, so I don't really know how it works.

Well yes, visuals are cool, but I also want others to see my char as I see him then ;) Style is not only defined by yourself liking it. At least not for me :p

That maybe be so. But it wont be happening here unfortunately. Despite all the balance issues and whatnot...it just wont be seen as 'blizzlike' it will cause more trouble then its worth.

Balance wouldn't change at all with the things I suggested. Second part is 100% correct of your statement.

Is there tmorph for this version of the game? Because tmorph makes your character look like you want to on your screen.

Well, ballance can be little bit changed, because, if you see Tauren for example, you know for cartain, that he is war, shaman, hunter or druid, nothing else.

But that's minor thing. The major one is, that class/race combinations may very well be set on client side (i honestly don't know how it's handled in core) so you will have to alter client as well. Furthermore, if you then allow undead to be hunter, then you must have system, that will remove his undead racials and give him troll/tauren/orc ones. Then, if you will meet such hunter, you will never know what racials he have. And last, but not least thing is, how will you handle this "racial decision"? You can't handle it during character cration, because for it you will have to alter client and handling it ingame would only be possible by some special NPC...

As you can see, devs have already a lot of work to make game as blizzlike as possible and creating this feature would take few months more.

I'm fine playing my Tauren warrior even if Orcs have better warrior racials. Orcs should be put down... all of them. I cant stand them and I could not play one for a week.

I'm fine playing my Tauren warrior even if Orcs have better warrior racials. Orcs should be put down... all of them. I cant stand them and I could not play one for a week.

Oh quit whining, you've got more HP and an AoE stun... plus you are better at picking flowers :tongue:

plus i dont realy think that any modifications on client side (models, etc.) are allowed, so i guess that means no UD hunter for you, mate

Orc Warlock. So good against melee with that 25% stun resistance, you just have to be okay with (arguably) stiff animations.

I never understand why these kind of questions would get asked on a server that will be Blizzlike... :laugh:

Top Bottom