• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Most apparent and annoying issues

- She targets player, that make the highest threat during Phase 2/3 transition. Then our tanks aggro her, but if the fight takes too long, her threat reduction from wing buffet makes tank to drop below healers and it's a wipe.

Exactly my feeling as well. The second Onyxia hit 40% there is a ~10 second window where any threat source have the potential to turn her on landing and breath/whatever. If I remember correctly she once turned on a warlock popping a GFPP/potion, did a breath on a group, turned back on the tank after a shield slam. Things get clunky for sure if you get early buffets, but if you dig into it there's always "something" that causes players to ramp up threat during the transition.

You always have the "I did nothing, I swear you guys!", but from our experience there's no such thing as arbitrary threat boosts for certain spells or behaviour. There's a bit of RNG in the landing, but usually it goes smoothly if people just don't use abilities AT ALL.

Still not answers about these great tactics Arcanum uses to do Onyxia in 7minutes and 50% of the raid deaded :>
But hey you are good at talking BS atleast, the stats do the talk for the good guilds atleast.

I hope soon that we can welcome more guilds into the 3minutes club on Onyxia.

Last edited:
Szenario, people get aggro and breath half the raid dead. U'r talking as if its like that every time we kill her. Oo
But fk, I got baited into replying to this damned troll, atleast I RLY RLY hope he's not being real when he's posting in this thread, my faith in humanity is at a low already.

Still not answers about these great tactics Arcanum uses to do Onyxia in 7minutes and 50% of the raid deaded :>
But hey you are good at talking BS atleast, the stats do the talk for the good guilds atleast.

I hope soon that we can welcome more guilds into the 3minutes club on Onyxia.
Which guild are you representing here, exactly? I only found one other guild on 3 minutes after skimming through the first page + Synced who splits.

dont forget about special wotlk tactics we use.

sometimes we just pull an onyxian warden right to our maintank so he gets more rage.

peace

Third raid in a row where a boss in MC manages to dodge two executes in a row now.. hmm.
I'm rolling 12% hit, and shouldn't that mean that a lvl 63 is only left with the 1% RNG chance to dodge a special attack? I know it's purely anecdotal evidence, but i'm feeling i'm pushing my luck here. Double dodge with 100 rage and recklessness up is mildly frustrating, especially when it's the third damn straight raid I notice this.

Difficult to reproduce this as no bosses live long enough for me to "observe" execute behaviour, want to check if anyone has notice the execute dodges before I report it.

Dodge has nothing to do with hit. Weaponskill has. And only very little. 1 = 0.04.

I will only respond to this briefly and then I'm going to ignore the rest of your troll attempts to get the conversation off topic. This thread was created to bring things to the attention of the GM's and to make suggestions not as an opportunity for some nerd to come on here and pull down his/her pants and present their e-peen. Quite frankly, no one gives a f*ck what you think about other guilds. My 2 cents (and I know this is shared by an overwhelming majority of Horde and also everyone I personally know in other Alliance guilds aka Vanguard/Synced): CORAL does not deserve to be any kind of measuring stick for anything. Your GM required assistance to finish his priest epic. One of your raid leaders thought Undead Priests had Fear Ward. One of your DPS warriors didn't know what OverPower Watch was. Do I need to go on? I will leave it at that.

The fight isn't working. Bottom line: When people who are weighing Nost or Kronos come into our streams and see the fights mechanics it creates a bad dialogue for prospective players. I know, for a fact, that the GM's know it isn't working as intended either. From what I have been told their debate is not on anything you've suggested but on how to go about fixing the fight. My suggestion has been to just put a hard wipe to the threat table between p2/p3. I don't expect to snap my fingers and have everything perfect but it would be nice to get a note out to the server on how they intend to fix it. People value communication and acknowledgment that the team is aware, publicly, and intends to resolve it within a timely fashion.

I've done this fight on several other emulators and it is far from the best scripted to date.

PS - If you want to tell the world how terrible I am and how wonderful you and your guild are there's already a post in the PvP forums called 'Varkings' feel free to go join on the Agita band wagon of Varkings hate. This is not the place.

Well this isn't really fair.

First of all I won't vouch for Liqorice, because personally I (as an officer in CORAL) find his forum demeanor to be grade school levels of derpy and immature, but that's irrelevant here.

Our GM couldn't finish his quest because horde sent a raid group to camp the area during a time where we had little to offer in terms of roster for the cause, I think this isn't really a fair "insult".

And Terd? Yeah he's a bit of a newb with some things but aren't we all? What counts is he is a good raid leader and we work hard at how we perform and were peaked and ready to take on BWL.

Not a hefty number of CORAL members partake in active PVP but I most certainly can vouch for the dedication of our long term raiders, our performance is not slacking on the boss kill meters so I think it's unfair to throw us under the bus because we have one slightly dim bulb throwing unnecessary shade.

On the subject of Onyxia, I have always observed the transition to be satiafactory, it's the mis-angled deep breaths that are my "WTF" moments on her.

Dodge has nothing to do with hit. Weaponskill has. And only very little. 1 = 0.04.
At any rate, I run with 312 weapon skill, so glancing aside, this only has a negligible impact for my special attacks not to be dodged? And do you know the rough number for a boss to dodge special attacks?

At any rate, I run with 312 weapon skill, so glancing aside, this only has a negligible impact for my special attacks not to be dodged? And do you know the rough number for a boss to dodge special attacks?

The reduction in dodge % per weapon skill you acquire is incredibly small. Weapon skill is pretty much universally desired mainly because of its ability to eliminate glancing blows, the small % reduction on dodges is only a tiny advantageous side-effect, and doesn't make weapon skill worth stacking past 310 or so (where glancing blows I believe are edged off the table).

Just yesterday we had one of those special onyxia raids again (bugged).
Sorry guys, but this is just getting more and more emberassing. Hope noone from outside saw the stream.

Just yesterday we had one of those special onyxia raids again (bugged).
Sorry guys, but this is just getting more and more emberassing. Hope noone from outside saw the stream.

Could you link the vod and say what the bugs are and when they occur, preferably with time stamps?

Those who got tailswiped were indeed behind her. She has a near 180 degree radius on the tail swipe, melee should stand between her legs, never at or behind her hind leg.

As for the bugged landing in the p2-p3 transition that is clearly bugged. It's strange if you continually experience it though, we've never seen it and we've killed her every reset for over a month.

Hagson, I got kicked sideways while standing next to her, not behind. Anyhow, the kicks aren't the point.
Its the unexplainable aggro and the bugged landing that makes this encounter a huge mess.

A reason why you never experience this might be: You are alliance?
I can imagine that with constant fearward on the tanks and salvation on every other party member you will never run into any problems.

Hagson, I got kicked sideways while standing next to her, not behind. Anyhow, the kicks aren't the point.
Its the unexplainable aggro and the bugged landing that makes this encounter a huge mess.

A reason why you never experience this might be: You are alliance?
I can imagine that with constant fearward on the tanks and salvation on every other party member you will never run into any problems.

I watched the vod, those who got kicked were at her hind leg. Like I said, 180 degree (or near) radius.
I dont see how constant fear wards would help against aggro drops. If you are complaining about onyxia not targeting a feared tank then I dont know what to tell you.
Same reasoning applies to salvation, I thought the problem was aggro resets, not not generating enough threat?

The only issues I can see is the bugged landing and people not managing their threat nor understanding boss mechanics.

If you are complaining about onyxia not targeting a feared tank then I dont know what to tell you.
Same reasoning applies to salvation, I thought the problem was aggro resets, not not generating enough threat?
God...
Totally missed the point. Again.

Our Maintank is pretty much the only tank I can go full apeshit in instances without pulling aggro. So no, aggro gain is certainly not the problem.
Right now, and I believe other horde guilds have the same issue, we believe that deliberately breaking her fear with totem or Berserker Rage can mess up aggro. Like I said before, as alliance you would never even run into this due to fearward. Its a guess, nothing more, so don't interpret too much into it.

The only issues I can see is the bugged landing and people not managing their threat nor understanding boss mechanics.
wowe, judging from BGs yesterday you are pretty shit. I do not know if I can take this even remotely serious. Nice try though.

So what does HK farming have to do with PVE knowledge?

Lhart, even ally tanks have to stance dance and BR does not mess up the aggro.
But maybe it's tremorTotem that's failing then?

No need to analyze this here, thats something only Chero/Staff can do properly. As I said, it was just a guess. Its still a pretty big difference between blocking a fear or to breaking it.

You can judge a players abilities best in PvP situations. Its easier to teach a PvPer PvE then a PvEer PvP. Generally PvPers have more skill in this game. By quite a margin.

Our Maintank is pretty much the only tank I can go full apeshit in instances without pulling aggro. So no, aggro gain is certainly not the problem.
Yet people overaggroed on the video.

Right now, and I believe other horde guilds have the same issue, we believe that deliberately breaking her fear with totem or Berserker Rage can mess up aggro. Like I said before, as alliance you would never even run into this due to fearward.
That theory doesnt sound too far fetched honestly, you should try to test it specifically. This would also explain why alliance doesnt have as big problems.

PvP = PvE

It's hard to take you serisouly as is, I would suggest not acting more retarded than you actually are.

Yet people overaggroed on the video.
Which does not matter as the video dopefish posted is not the one we gave Zarquon.

That theory doesnt sound too far fetched honestly, you should try to test it specifically. This would also explain why alliance doesnt have as big problems.
Allis are not able to comprehend how very differently the encounter goes for both factions and yet still feel the need to contribute anything to this topic even if it has little to no value.

I act retarded.
Changing quotes or taking them out of contenxt...
All I said was that PvPers are usually able to be good in PvE (if they cared) while the other way arround is often not the case.

Top Bottom