• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Muted for spam - please remove or relax it

bl4ckc0d3r

Authorized
Scenario: I am selling an item and posting it on world chat, or trade, or general. Whatever, I posted it somewhere.

Person A whispers "What is your price?". I answer "X gold".
Person B whispers few seconds later "What price?". I answer "X gold".

I got muted for spam.

Person C whispers few seconds later "What price?". I can't answer.
Person A whispers another question regarding on how to do the transaction. I can't answer.

I can't begin to describe how frustrating it is. Either remove it completely or make it so more than 2 same messages trigger it. Because right now it's HORRIBLE.

As far as I know this is level-specific. I have been sending loads of exactly the same messages from my level 60 char on K1 and had no issue. When I tried the same with a low-level (<10) on K2 I got muted after 2 whispers or so.

Agree 2 messages is quite small amount. Especially if no/few enough goldsellers definitely worth relaxing.

Yesterday i wanted to do an UBRS with my 60 Rogue.
So i typed in /world "LFM UBRS bla bla" , copied it so i can repaste in like 3 minutes, and from copying was muted for spam...
I could not even send it out once before being muted for 2 mins...

Stop using low lvl chars to scam people...

Just kidding! Banguard ftw!
Chero, please... merge today... :wub:

Sounds like the easy solution is not to send identical messages. But instead use synonyms when trying to give two ppl the same answer to a question. Also don't use low lvl chars for public channels.

Skickat från min ALE-L21 via Tapatalk

Yea, it's an easy solution, but it's pretty irritating when you forget about it and get muted. Sometimes it's like a "long" sentence like "hi, have you leeched DMT today?", which you automatically copypaste and only then realize you SHOULDN'T. A partial solution would be to disable the spam filter when you chat with guildies, but better just disable it or make way less crazy.

It should just have a higher tolerance in ongoing conversations. So if someone messaged you sending them anything should not spam lock you unless you actually spam them.

The chat filters prevent chat from being unenjoyable but can limit what you can do. For example a friend chose an unfortunate combination of terms in her enchanting advertisement and so it was invisible for anyone but her.
I also used to organise a MC pug and it took me some time to realise that if I broadcasted the exact same message in /world and /lookingforgroup via two macros the second broadcast would be invisible for anyone else.

I don't think massive changes are required beyond the above spam issue in wispered conversation. The global chat throttle may be limiting but can be worked around/with and in the end we're better off with it than if it didn work properly.

First of all you are mixing two separate things together.
There is "spamfilter" which will mute you for 2 minutes if you wrote two ~same messages in really short period of time. Its only in public channels and I cant really think of relevant example where you have to write same thing multiple times. You said someone asked you for price, then why didnt you reply him into whisper instead spamming channel?

Then there is "goldspam filter" which mostly depends on content of message. And since goldsellers got very creative in obfuscating their messages filter have to be very flexible. Unfurtunatly it means that sometimes filter will censore unrelated messages. Thats the necessary evil.
I can assure you that percentage of false positive results from goldspam filter is neglible.

There is always room for improvements. Post messages that got you muted (preferably whole chat between first and second message) and i will look into it when i will have time.

First of all you are mixing two separate things together.
There is "spamfilter" which will mute you for 2 minutes if you wrote two ~same messages in really short period of time. Its only in public channels and I cant really think of relevant example where you have to write same thing multiple times. You said someone asked you for price, then why didnt you reply him into whisper instead spamming channel?

I did. My original post that started the thread described a whisper scenario, which is exactly what happened to me in game.

I did. My original post that started the thread described a whisper scenario, which is exactly what happened to me in game.

Hmm this filter should not work on whispers I will check why is it taking them into account.

Scenario: I am selling an item and posting it on world chat, or trade, or general. Whatever, I posted it somewhere.

Person A whispers "What is your price?". I answer "X gold".
Person B whispers few seconds later "What price?". I answer "X gold".

I got muted for spam.

Person C whispers few seconds later "What price?". I can't answer.
Person A whispers another question regarding on how to do the transaction. I can't answer.

I can't begin to describe how frustrating it is. Either remove it completely or make it so more than 2 same messages trigger it. Because right now it's HORRIBLE.

Whenever I face this problem, I log on to one of my 163 accounts I inherited/from x7 and whisper the guy from another character.

Whisper are spam filtered only until level 15, so that should not really affect you either.

Unless ofc course it was his lvl 10ish bank alt that tried to sell items, to let his 60 characters do something useful. But thank you for revealing the lvl 15 req.

Skickat från min ALE-L21 via Tapatalk

Top Bottom