• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nameplates preventing mouse binds from working

Demonikuski

Authorized
I thought asking on this subforum was my best bet, so here goes. Basically, I want to bind an ability to the middle mouse button, but I also want to keep nameplates up. What happens is the middle mouse button won't trigger the ability if my cursor happens to be hovering over a nameplate. Any keyboard key does work without any problems, but apparently there's a special interaction with mouse buttons and nameplates. It's the case for middle mouse button and side mouse buttons (mouse3-5), but not wheel up or down. Is there any way to disable this annoying feature? Addon or anything?

I think I've got a solution. Personaly I use autohotkey programm to reassign my mouse buttons to other buttons (like mouse button 2 to "J"), so I can add modifiers like ctrl, shift and alt to these buttons (you can't make a bind with mouse button 2 itself in a keybind menu, but if the button is assigned to "J", it counts as a keyboard button and allows you to use modifiers).
So, the only problem might be finding a suitable keyboard button for it to be assigned to mouse buttons. If the problem is only using mouse buttons, then reassigning the keys itself will work. You will have a working modules on mouse, but PC will think of it like if you used a simple keyboard button.

Oh nice! This is almost exactly what I was looking for. Is there any way to customize this addon to disable clickthrough on Mouse1? That would make this perfect. I could do everything I want to do and still target stuff by clicking on nameplates.

I noticed mouse bindings not working sometimes but thought it's an issue with mouse itself until met this thread :\

ClickThrough feature uses EnableMouse(bool) function which can only completely disable or enable mouse interaction, without an option to disable certain buttons. I attempted another way, you can try this tiny addon. It keeps the default right / left click actions for attacking and targeting. There is another limitation though (which ShaguPlates does not have I think): protected actions such as move or strafe still won't work when you mouse over a nameplate. For example using middle button for "Move and Steer" when hovering over a nameplate not gonna work unfortunately.

Oh and I have not tested it with button 4 and 5 since my mouse does not have those, but I hope it should work :p

But if the choice of target with a left-click and right-click through, then it would be another matter

Top Bottom