• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nostalrius' PvE Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azalus

Last couple comments.

/nope

I'm trying really hard to stay unbiased, and play devil's advocate for each server, but the tests that Nostalrius keeps having are not giving off good publicity.

I want to stress that one bug like that can turn away a lot of people. Even if that's the only bug they had all do (which it isn't) it shows that the developers have a lot of work to do, and that they aren't catching bugs very well.

This isn't meant to be an anti Nostalrius post, it is meant to give some perspective on how simple things make a big impact. I hope that Kronos having dedicated testers is more beneficial in that way because it allows for bugs to be fixed without a huge player base having to deal with them; or broadcasting them to anyone that reads the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only harming them because apparently they said that the server was ready and they were only waiting for players, I actually asked on their forums if the devs ever said that and one of the testers said that the devs never implied anything of that sort, take that as you will.

I'm actually liking the way that Kronos does things more and more as time goes on (even though I would love for them to have a beta test so I can finally test it out), the system that they have is pretty cool, testers put up bug reports and everyone from the community can comment and contribute after that (researching, finding videos, old articles, etc.).

I'm actually disappointed that Nostalrius doesn't have that honestly.

This isn't meant to be an anti Nostalrius post

Lol.

Then again, remember that they are publicly doing these tests to tackle these bugs. Are there quite a few? Most definitely. Nonetheless is it good to see improvement, no matter what people might think of the server after the test.

Whats that quote...something about bad choices make good improvements...something along those lines. However people look at it it ultimately is doing more good then harm, and the server will come out better for it.

On the other side, the developer might want to be a bit more forthcoming when it comes to the completion of that server. From just a short browse on the forums, it seems that the general hope is for it to be out within a few months...which in my opinion, for the looks of things doesn't seem reasonable...then again i'm no professional so my opinion is likely moot

Last edited:
Ya struckd, I agree with you, but it's also not doing them any favors as both servers' communities have some individuals that would jump at the opportunity of exaggerating and badmouthing the other server.

I think it's fair to point a finger at Nostalrius and their tests, and to make judgments on how far along their server is, but I bet if Kronos did an open session test that the community would be able to find tons of bugs too.

I just want people to be aware of how "the competition" has so many flaws WHEN they say they've been working on their server since 2010, so for all we know Kronos isn't that much better off.

It would be nice to see or hear more from the developers and testers because it's easy to look at other servers' bugs and think that they don't exist here.

The problems seem to be so basic and obviously on this server that it is hard to take it serious. I'm sorry for them but this server just cant launch within the next year in it current status.

I took some hard cleaves today too and I can tell you as a tester (on Kronos) that you will never feel a friends sword in your guts outside of a duel on Kronos. :p

I just want people to be aware of how "the competition" has so many flaws WHEN they say they've been working on their server since 2010, so for all we know Kronos isn't that much better off.

Kronos is better off.

Anyway I don't see how putting so much effort in gear vendors, teleporters and test accounts is better than having a proper team of testers. And having instant 60 with rank 11 gear kinda kills the fun for me, boring even. And all NPC's and mobs in the world were despawned so that was weird. No point in hiding those.

Anyway I wonder whether these kind of threads are really necessary.

Last edited:
I was there and tested as well, found strange bugs, reported them. But and it a big BUT you can't compare this pve test to Kronos. Why? Because people haven't seen anything from the current state or Kronos. Kronos might have been around longer, but the current implementations could cause even stranget bugs, and they choose to deal with them in private. That doesn't make them either better or worse. It's different. And people saying "I'm a Kronos tester and Kronos is in much better state already!" That's good and all but what's the proof? Who believes that?

I took part in the PvP test. And what I can tell you, most of the players on Nostalrius are french speakers. The server isnt bad, but if you arent speaking french the social part of the game will be on a downside.
There is czech speakers on Kronos, but if we compare the two, there is a lot more english speakers here than on Nostalrius.
If there is one reason I would choose Kronos over Nostalrius, its the english speaking part of the community which is larger here.
The second reason is this server (Kronos) is a part of a bigger project (TwinStar) which means, undoubtedly, the population will be larger on day one for sure. Not only the players from other realms that are eager to check out 1.12.1 but also the 'wave' of people that are waiting only for Kronos.
The third thing is, I read Nostalrius are planing to bring BC and WoTLk realms in the future. Now, the people that have been in to private servers for a longer time, know that bugs show up periodically, fixing 1 thing screws up a 2nd thing, fixing the 2nd thing, usually screws up a 3rd thing, which demands non-stop staff attention at the realm.
TwinStar have already released their realms on the other expansions, and have people looking after them, which means we will have a dedicated staff here looking after Kronos, and Kronos only. While on Nostalrius, some time after release, they will put their attention on the new BC or WoTLk realm, and the 1.12.1 realm will slowly start to sink in bugs. My third arguement is an assumption only, from previous experience in private servers. The devs always forget about other realms while working on the new ones, and here, on TwinStar, Kronos IS the new realm, so there is no need to fear about being abandoned.:tongue:This is my view on the topic.

Yea but the Nostalrius developer team doesn't consist of only 1 developer. And honestly, comparing the in-game party chatting with french to the forum here, I don't see any difference. Both french and Sk/cz people suck at english : )

Yea but the Nostalrius developer team doesn't consist of only 1 developer
Neither does the Kronos team. But even though Kronos has less developers it's Nostalrius that's lagging behind. Makes you wonder.

it's Nostalrius that's lagging behind. Makes you wonder.

Makes me wonder, what makes you think that? Since we haven't seen anything from Kronos in it's current state (don't tell me again that Kronos has been around since 2010), only videos, but there are videos from the other server as well. So again besides the Kronos testers (who are surely unbiased), how can anyone compare the two server's progress? And since we are comparing, Kronos progress bar conveniently moved 1%, right after the "INFO POST", so people have something to "hype" about, and since then, nothing.

Guys,

in my opinion you are pedaling on wrong forum, since this PvE session was not related to Kronos in any way.

Szabinger, if you don't feel comfortable here, just leave and stop spitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom