• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

NPC respawn timers on launch day

R33i

Authorized
It has come to my attention that on the "other" server that launched today, there was a major problem with playability due to the fact there were thousands of players in the starting zones against a 5-times lower number of killable NPCs.
I just though it was worth to point this out as a suggestion, since I heard that Blizzard also had to increase spawn rates during the first launch.
I believe just increasing the respawn rate for the first day wouldn't hurt anyone's view on how Blizlike this server is.

It has come to my attention that on the "other" server that launched today, there was a major problem with playability due to the fact there were thousands of players in the starting zones against a 5-times lower number of killable NPCs.
I just though it was worth to point this out as a suggestion, since I heard that Blizzard also had to increase spawn rates during the first launch.
I believe just increasing the respawn rate for the first day wouldn't hurt anyone's view on how Blizlike this server is.

Kronos is blizzlike in the way that the server adapts its spawn-rates according to how many players are in the area, so hopefully this shouldn't be a problem.

Kronos is blizzlike in the way that the server adapts its spawn-rates according to how many players are in the area, so hopefully this shouldn't be a problem.

I strongly suggest to make sure it's working properly.
I wanted to see how the release was going, and it was such a nightmare I quickly gave up.
Really hoping this'll not happen in a month.

that sounds like a very clever way to solve the problem. can't wait to see the madness on the launch day :biggrin:

Have anyone tested it yet? I'm really curious about it, cause grinding on the "other side of the force" is a real pain.

Where did any of the devs mention this increased spawn rates when it's crowded? Didn't see it anywhere.

Quest items usually respawn instantly. Some exception of course.

seems like the lootable quest items in instanences (deeds in scholo) are near instant respawn, but world spawns like milly's harvest aren't?

Check Twinhead :)
15mins for the baskets.

Items like this obviously don't respawn instantly. I mean, that would be rediculous. I mean items like single crates, tomes or w/e. Like the molten core pre for example.

Specific examples from starter or early leveling zones which were pretty ugly bottlenecks on Nost:

1. Coldridge Valley, A Refugee's Quandry: [Felix's Box], [Felix's Chest] and [Felix's Bucket of Bolts]

2. Darkshore. Washed Ashore: [Sea Turtle Remains]

Can someone confirm that these quest items will also respawn faster depending on player population? I forget the typical respawn for Felix's items, but the Sea Turtle Remains is 5 minutes. And there was a line of people waiting for both on Nost.

Specific examples from starter or early leveling zones which were pretty ugly bottlenecks on Nost:

1. Coldridge Valley, A Refugee's Quandry: [Felix's Box], [Felix's Chest] and [Felix's Bucket of Bolts]

2. Darkshore. Washed Ashore: [Sea Turtle Remains]

Can someone confirm that these quest items will also respawn faster depending on player population? I forget the typical respawn for Felix's items, but the Sea Turtle Remains is 5 minutes. And there was a line of people waiting for both on Nost.

http://www.kronos-wow.com/2015/03/15/final-stress-test-and-end-of-beta/ - bottom of the page. At least Felix's box is mentioned.

Top Bottom