• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ohhgee (Og) - Rank 13 Mage - Vanilla PvP Movie

TheOG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRWwcyx3m1k

There is a story behind this movie.

i've played Vanilla WoW servers for years, and i've always wanted to make a PvP movie because i think Vanilla has the most interesting/entertaining PvP mechanics of any expansion. Unfortunately, I played on a shit PC for a long time, unable to record at a decent quality/frame rate. I finally purchased an up-to-date gaming rig in early 2016, just in time for Nostalrius to be shutdown by Blizzard (made the purchase 2-3 days before shutdown announcement). I lost a rank 13 + Tidal Charm Mage in the shutdown, and with it lost my hopes of making a Vanilla PvP movie.

Fast forward a few weeks and Kronos announced they would be launching a new realm. I immediately decided to play, and from day 1 my mission was to recreate the character i had on Nost, and make the PvP movie that i never got to make.

This is that movie.

What to expect:
- Two specs: Deep Frost (17/0/34) and Elemental (0/24/27)
- World PvP 1vX
- Solo queue WSG Flag Carrying
- Mage v Rogue duels
- Heavy use of Engineering & gadgets
- Creative play style

The main challenge that i faced while making this movie was a lack of quality duel opponents and a lack of High Rank players to fight in world PvP. Guys like Perplexity and Goth have set the bar high in this department, but unfortunately there just aren't a lot of big Vanilla names on K2, and most of the high rank players quit and/or sold their accounts soon after finishing their rank grinds. I spent many entire days camping BRM without seeing any Horde over Rank 10, and sometimes hours on end without anyone even fighting back when i ganked them.

In my opinion the only consistently entertaining duel fight for a Mage is against a Rogue, so i made it a point to record duels against some Rogues with respectable play styles. I dueled several other Rogues not shown, but none produced good footage. All 3 of the Rank 14 Rogues on K2 declined my request for a duel series.

Anyway, the movie primarily focuses on world PvP and solo queue Warsong Gulch footage. Expect to see some of the usual 1vX action, and also expect to see a solid amount of solo flag running clips. Keep in mind that ALL of the FC clips were recorded SOLO QUEUEING, and most of them are against Horde premades on WSG weekend.

Of course there are still some flaws in my gameplay, and in a few places you can tell i'm playing with 200ms, but overall i'm happy with how the movie turned out. Countless hours of work went into making this, including basically re-rolling r13 and collecting trinkets and items for months before filming even began. And i could not have done it alone.

I owe a HUGE thanks to Billy for his guidance along the way while i was collecting footage, and of course the use of his insane editing skills that truly bring my gameplay to life. He is one of my oldest friends from Vanilla servers, and i would never have settled for anyone else to edit my movie.

I also have to thank my former Kronos 2 guild <REMEDY> for the (short) ride dominating the server. Although things ended too soon and under unfortunate circumstances, you all deserve a thank you, especially the other autists that played 18 hours a day with me so that i could have this godmode gear (again).

To everyone in the Vanilla community - enjoy the film.

-OG

P.S. We faced some issues with trying to render the final video, so there are 2 or 3 places where there are dropped frames or a minor visual glitch in the video. Many viewers may not even notice, but the rendering did not go perfectly.

Last edited:
Sadly all you showcase is average play with no real predictions/prioritizing correctly and it doesnt feel like you've got much control just punishing really bad players with your godmode gear + spamming all cds + abusing pots/helm in simple 1v2s etc.. I know there aren't alot of players on k2 but this is just =/// dueling ubrs geared rogs acting like skull on helm was intentional etc is just funny.. editing wasn't to my liking either but it wasn't horrible.

3/10 i guess you show some nice crits =))))))))) good gear m9

you should watch wed's pvp movies if you want some tips n tricks on mage class =)))

Last edited:
Mage PVP is pretty shit and boring in vanilla TBH, idk why you think it had the most interesting.

Frost was literally spam frostbolt/fireblast, nova when close, CoC if you feel like it. That's it.
Fire was fireball/scorch spam, blast wave when close

You should check out legion. The mage class actually is way more interesting now with different procs you watch for, stacks of ice shards, etc..theres a ton more abilities now. I also kek'd when you fought the ***** rogue and tank tauren both in blues. Don't put up fights with tanks and act like its anything. Theres nothing more one sided then a prot warrior vs mage.

Last edited:
Lol, so much hate. I liked it, I thought you were a crafty little gnome. Although I wasn't much of a fan of all that zooming either.

KII seems to mostly be a bit of a tragic server though, so it's a shame you didn't roll on KI.

Blanket CSing as elemental really is a creative play style! Nice vid!!! Maybe you should zoom in even further so people don't notice all of the mistakes you're making.

Last edited:
People need to chill a lil bit lmao

Video was cool, but I felt like it should've been 10 mins instead of 22, felt like a lot of filler clips in there!

massive props for the wu tang joint tho

Yeah what dens said, so much hate.

The movie itself was decently entertaining to watch, alot of the solo fc clips were conveniently cut too short and the rogue duels kinda turned me off. Not a single r1 fireball and just so many weird plays from both sides. Other than that was some entertaining clips but nothing uber awesome regarding play/editing, nothing wrong with mediocrity though!. Grats on finally getting the movie done.

The world pvp clips were my favorite part, always fun to watch a mage clown on multiple targets in the open environment. Really shows the strengths of the class.

I have to admit, I was disappointed with the rogue duels, none of them seemed particularly scary. We have some nice rogues on K1, maybe if a test realm opens up here you can spar with some of them a bit.

Solid overall effort, it's really satisfying to get a finished pvp film out there especially with how hard it is to get good clips on these servers. Congratulations!

You should check out legion. The mage class actually is way more interesting now with different procs you watch for, stacks of ice shards, etc..theres a ton more abilities now. I also kek'd when you fought the ***** rogue and tank tauren both in blues. Don't put up fights with tanks and act like its anything. Theres nothing more one sided then a prot warrior vs mage.
Imo procs are damn lame in current WoW..

"oh nothing procced .. guess I have to wait for the next proc"

To respond to the main (legit) criticisms:
Oppponents - Kronos 2 always had an astonishingly small number of "good" and/or high rank (big difference) PvPers, most likely due to the disaster of a launch (DDoS & downtime). An impressive PvP scene/community never really developed, and the server began to go downhill within a few months after I finished ranking. The server was still fairly healthy when I first began recording, but most of the respectable PvPers had quit and it was excruciatingly difficult to find quality fights in world PvP. This problem got worse and worse and I saw my window to get decent clips closing. When a certain other server began to hype their return I decided to just go ahead and get the movie out before K2 dies and the Vanilla community shifts. So I guess it's fair to say it was a bit rushed.

Playstyle - This was my first PvP movie, and I never expected to make a flawless movie on my 1st attempt. In many situations I think I made the mistake of playing for footage rather than playing to win. What I mean by this is that I deviated from my normal playstyle in a conscious effort to try and make the clip more entertaining (this is especially true in the Rogue duels). In hindsight I think this was a mistake, and it made some of the clips seem "forced." In the future I will try to let clips come more naturally and I think the result will be higher average scene quality.

Editing/Music - Purely a matter of taste. I don't care much for electronic music personally, but that's what most viewers want/expect to hear and that's what fits PvP gameplay the best IMO. As for thee editing, I guess it's a love it or hate it type of thing. I know some people are minimalists when it comes to editing but my *only* goal with this movie was to be as entertaining as possible, and I think the editing takes the video to the next level in terms of entertainment value. I basically gave Goth some brief notes on my gameplay and told him to go ham in terms of editing, and I love the result.

To the haters in general - This is basically the result of 10-12 days of camping BRM/Searing Gorge all day, 2-3 weeks of consistently playing WSG for a few hours a day, and 1-2 days spent dueling. The goal was an entertaining movie that shows a variety of types of Mage gameplay, and I think I accomplished that goal. I hope to make another movie in the future on a better server with better opponents, more time to record, and the learning experience of making 1 movie under my belt.

Last edited:
I launched up your movie hoping to learn something. I wanted to see you presenting clever solutions to situations that i have felt are close to unwinnable. But you didnt.

There were never really any situations that looked unwinnable, or even very hard. The things that i have issues with as a mage in pvp are the situations that you chose to never show. I find that extremely disappointing, considering how hyped you have been as a player, and how highly you seem to think of yourself.

why the fuck are u so zoomed in all the time? also i liked how u frost nova'd the 2 melee in the first clip walked away then lipped. PwNaGe DuDe!1!1

alright u literally have "pop reflector and cover animation with blink" LMFAO?

http://i.imgur.com/JR3gH9V.png hahahahahahahahahahaha

actually couldn't watch past 12 minutes smh

Last edited:
Hey Og,

Unfortunately i can't watch your pvp video, apparently it is blocked in france because of the music it contains :/

However by trying to watch it, i found out that you made one of the pvp videos i like the most (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0iXnNHb59I&t).
Discovered it a few weeks ago and i loved it. The world pvp, the duels, the music (not all), the editings, the devilsaur mafia !! It was just brilliant :)

Looking forward to be able to see the new one !

"This video contains content from Base79 Music, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. "

Oh well.

Top Bottom