• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin paladin - newbies questions

Tarinas

Authorized
hi,

because its first time when i play paladin i have some questions for veterans. I really enjoy 5mans through leveling and this is why i choose holy talents (please stop facepalms)

so here we go:
1. is better to equip +intel armor over + bonus healing? is here any formula? i speak about low lvl 5mans @25+
2. as a healer in group is better put devotion aura or retri aura? or it depends on tank?
3. because paladin has "lay on hands" which is based on paladins HP, putting here 2 talents worth it? i have now cca 700hp, which is not too much and armor bonus for tank...?
4. i saw somewhere that in raids is usefull flash of light... can someone tell me why? on my lvl heals FoL by cca 70 which is nothing compare to Holy light

thanks!

Last edited:
I will try to answer from my experenice :smile:

1. is better to equip +intel armor over + bonus healing? is here any formula? i speak about low lvl 5mans @25+

At low levels is very hard to find gear with +bonus healing. That's why intellect is your best friend; the higher mana pool, the longer your group can stay alive.

2. as a healer in group is better put devotion aura or retri aura? or it depends on tank?

Depends on the situation. Even some other auras can be useful on some fights. Recommendations:
- Use Ret. Aura when your tank needs to pull lots of trash mobs, and keep the aggro on all of them. Basically, in AoE pulls.
- Use Dev. Aura mainly on bosses who hit hard melee attacks or physical abilities.
- Use other auras, such as resistances, on fights that can demand it. Sometimes you can switch between Devotion and Resistances, during the encounter, to mitigate some specific spell damage. An example can be some bosses that cast frostbolt: if you have an addon that warns you of that cast, you can switch before the boss ends casting it.
- Concentration Aura is rarely used, it should be only used on fights when you and your group are suceptable of being interrupted a lot, and only if your group is conformed mainly by casters.

3. because paladin has "lay on hands" which is based on paladins HP, putting here 2 talents worth it? i have now cca 700hp, which is not too much and armor bonus for tank...?

Lay on Hands has a very long cooldown (1 hour). It will probably be used only once per dungeon. I would not recommend to get that talent, unless there's a very difficult fight, such as Archaedas on Uldaman who hit very hard melee attack and has a lot of HP (very stressful fight x_x). Only on those cases can be useful.

4. i saw somewhere that in raids is usefull flash of light... can someone tell me why? on my lvl heals FoL by cca 70 which is nothing compare to Holy light

Flash of light is your best friend. It cost very low mana, casts very fast, and can heal a lot (more casts = more chances to one of them be critical). You should use it over Holy Light, unless there's some burst damage ond your target: on those cases you must go with Holy Light and rotate with some Flash of Lights when your tank is not being bursted. Also, you must always aim to crit with your heals, so you can get mana back from your talents (that's why INT is really important, it increases your chance to crit with spells). On extreme situations, use your Divine Favor + Holy Light. Save Lay on Hands to when you are almost OOM, and after using it drink a mana potion.

I hope that this answers are useful to you :smile:

Last edited:
thanks for exhausting informations!!
so ill take armor with intellect over +bonus healing now (i found some uncommon armor in auction house)

thanks for exhausting informations!!
so ill take armor with intellect over +bonus healing now (i found some uncommon armor in auction house)

No problem mate.

Anyways, obviously you have to compare armors with INT vs Healing bonus in a scale. I mean, if you have to decide between a piece that gives +22 healing and other that gives +5 INT, clearly the INT bonus is too low compared to the great bonus healing of the first one. Just use your common sense :smile: I hope I helped you.

ok, i have now some gloves with bh and saw some leg armor with bh in AH. I think that i have solid mana pool on my lvl so if i find something cheap with bh ill take it

Last edited:
I have a question, I am respecing Holy at level 21 (probably not the best idea but I have a tank friend so maybe that balances out?) and should I rush Blessing of Kings and then move to the Holy Tree?

I have a question, I am respecing Holy at level 21 (probably not the best idea but I have a tank friend so maybe that balances out?) and should I rush Blessing of Kings and then move to the Holy Tree?

Good question. I don't recommend you to do that. Why? Because the 10% stat buff is not that good at low levels. It becomes an awesome buff on high levels, when the benefit in % from the high stat numbers is higher. Go full Holy, and get kings after you reached the last talent in the Holy tree.

Good question. I don't recommend you to do that. Why? Because the 10% stat buff is not that good at low levels. It becomes an awesome buff on high levels, when the benefit in % from the high stat numbers is higher. Go full Holy, and get kings after you reached the last talent in the Holy tree.

Thank you for the quick reply!
How about consecration? Is that worth getting for how mana heavy it is?

Consecration is more like a leveling/tanking spell. Is almost the only AoE spell paladins have. I recommend you to get it if you plan to tank, or if you are holy for solo grinding. It's just 1 talent point anyways.

In PVE I only used it for tanking larger groups. In PVP it is useful to spam level 1 Consecration if you know there is a rogue around (and you have the human racial on CD if you are a human). As most Paladins invest at least 10 points (Divine Intellect and Spiritual Focus) into the Holy tree I'd definitely pick it up.

Top Bottom