• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Please help with the class decision.

Makhno

Greetings!

I'm about to start playing and not shure what class should i choose.

Criterias:
- Fast lvling.
- Late game demand.

I have 4 candidates:
- Mage
Issues: does aoe frost grind is working well? Aren't mage class overused (low demand late game)?
- Warlock. No issues.
- Druid.
Issues: Are they good in lvling? Is there a need for them in late game?
- Shaman. Same as Druid.

Thanks in advance!

Why not hunter? The best leveling speed.
All classes are needed on raids, just not all specs. And btw - mages are used more often in early raids than warlocks afaik.

Well, more concrete:
AoE grinding is possible, but not as easy as it sounds. There's a lot of mages indeed, but since they are more or less top DPS - they are in demand. Plus food & water.

I thought about rolling a warlock, but they say they are very boring in raids, spamming shadowbolts 90% of the time (mages have the similar problem, but not that bad). But they're good in leveling and necessary in end-game (more or less top DPS too).

Druid and shaman are both rather good in leveling (at least much better than warrior or priest) and both mostly healing in raids. However, druid is good for 5lvl dungeons tanking, and is rare - that's why I'd say they needed a bit more than shamans. But shamans can tank in Vanilla as well! :D

I'd rolled druid if I were you, but I'm already a bit tired of this class after playing druid on ED, that's why I decided to try something new for my adventures on Kronos.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information!

Mage is the class together with druid that I'd like to play the most, as I like their mechanic the most.

the problem always is:
good to level => many ppl play it => low endgame demand
sht to level => only a few ppl play it => high endgame demand

so y..... mage is easy to level, but just needed as much as rogues, hunters, ... pretty much the same applies to WLs
while there often is a high demand on shamans and druids, which are not that easy to level.

you see the problem :D

if i were you, i'd just pick druid (or shaman) and play it on feral till level ~56 so levelling is easier. then switch to healing spec. cause you 100%ly dont want to level on restoration specc or switch speccs all the time.

druids are great for gathering professions btw

but the most important thing always is that you have to be happy with your class. else you'll just quit playing at some point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom