• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please Update Your Community

Amoonir

Authorized
This is something that has frustrated me in the past many times and it still continues to happen. Kronos makes a claim that something will be done or fixed and then people are happy or upset by the news for a bit. Then when it comes to actually implementing the change or content it ends up not occuring for awhile past the expected date. First off I have 0 problem with content being late I can't emphasize this enough if you need time take your time no worries. If IRL is really a problem for the developers again no worries. The problem here is that if something is taking longer than expected or IRL complications occur please update us so that we atleast know what is going on and feel included instead of asking why hasn't this happened yet and getting nothing but silence.

The two notable recent examples is the Naxx PTR and K2 war effort completion. For the Naxx PTR the claim was that it was going to be done early January but suddenly it was late January and nothing was said. It took awhile of people asking whats up for Davros to finally say that Chero had IRL problems he needed to deal with. I will re-iterate here again Chero having to delay content because of IRL issues is perfectly fine. The problem lies with that the kronos staff decided to not update the players that the content will be delayed leaving us once again feeling neglected and ignored.

Now the same issues is happening with the AQ40 war effort on k2. Theoretical it should have been done the first weekend of February. The second weekend of February has just ended and the war effort is curently reported to be at 95%. No update as far as I know has been posted to explain why it has been delayed. Again I don't mind if things get delayed but atleast letting us know that its going to take longer than expected is a good thing for kronos staff and player relations. We don't need to know the specifics just need to know that you care about your players concerns. It's the same thing id expect out of a raider in a guild if they can't make it to raid they should update us prior to the raid instead of just being a noshow.

For me the AQ40 war effort isn't a big deal since I don't play on K2 but id imagine some folks are confused.

I could not agree more!
As I recognised in the past, the kronos team does not want to give out false information or create any rumors. For that reason they only publish updates after team meetings. While thats grest and all, it makes information flow terribly slow. Keep up the great work guys, but pöease keep the community more involved in your thoughts/plans. If anything comes up that slows the release process down just let us know. People get more angry from no news, than from baf new. We saw that several times already during this project.

This is something that has frustrated me in the past many times and it still continues to happen. Kronos makes a claim that something will be done or fixed and then people are happy or upset by the news for a bit. Then when it comes to actually implementing the change or content it ends up not occuring for awhile past the expected date. First off I have 0 problem with content being late I can't emphasize this enough if you need time take your time no worries. If IRL is really a problem for the developers again no worries. The problem here is that if something is taking longer than expected or IRL complications occur please update us so that we atleast know what is going on and feel included instead of asking why hasn't this happened yet and getting nothing but silence.

The two notable recent examples is the Naxx PTR and K2 war effort completion. For the Naxx PTR the claim was that it was going to be done early January but suddenly it was late January and nothing was said. It took awhile of people asking whats up for Davros to finally say that Chero had IRL problems he needed to deal with. I will re-iterate here again Chero having to delay content because of IRL issues is perfectly fine. The problem lies with that the kronos staff decided to not update the players that the content will be delayed leaving us once again feeling neglected and ignored.

Now the same issues is happening with the AQ40 war effort on k2. Theoretical it should have been done the first weekend of February. The second weekend of February has just ended and the war effort is curently reported to be at 95%. No update as far as I know has been posted to explain why it has been delayed. Again I don't mind if things get delayed but atleast letting us know that its going to take longer than expected is a good thing for kronos staff and player relations. We don't need to know the specifics just need to know that you care about your players concerns. It's the same thing id expect out of a raider in a guild if they can't make it to raid they should update us prior to the raid instead of just being a noshow.

For me the AQ40 war effort isn't a big deal since I don't play on K2 but id imagine some folks are confused.

Rumor has it that crying on k2 about not having enough time to get bug mounts has caused them to slow down the war effort.

When the War Effort completes there is 5 days until the gates open. They are probably timing it so that it falls on the weekend so more players can participate and Chero can give it full attention.

When the War Effort completes there is 5 days until the gates open. They are probably timing it so that it falls on the weekend so more players can participate and Chero can give it full attention.

Thats propably true, but a quick update like two weeks ago would be helpfull for everyone and people would not bed stuck fuessing what will happen when.

bumping this thread.
we really need more communication even if it's just about minor stuff. but please keep your community informed!

Maybe they have no updates to announce u apes ppl already cleared this dng 11 years ago go you wont have any world first go outside its summer meet the sun it wont burn your skin u albinos
Xd

/hello

Community gets angry lately because they don't realise what the current state of the server is. They have vague understanding that Naxxramas is on the way (slowly) and that there are people on the other side of the screen who make the game better, but there are few news reaching people.

Suggestion: post news frequently regarding the server state.
Most preferably it should be posted in game ('Message of the Day' or 'System Message'), since there are more people in game than visiting website, the forums or Discord. Less preferably: post it on the website or forum.

How often: the more the merrier.

What should the news be about: anything server-related, preferably not technical-wise. From small things like abstract thoughts of those who're making changes to big things like how close the server is to its ideal state.

I have read again Kronos 'About' page and thought about some changes that were made. Examples:
  • Re-spec price lowering.
  • Sensible line of sight.
  • Lotus spawn time and positions.

Looking on those changes and based on 'About' page I cannot tell at all if they put Kronos closer to or further from its goal, because it is hard to tell what the goal is.

So news like 'We all have taken a holiday and there won't be any fixes in the next month.' or 'We hope to fix <critical problem here> by the end of next week if we have some time.' or 'We have thoughts on altering <some mechanic> after we finish <another issue>. We want your thoughts on it!' or 'We want your help promoting the server.' or even basically 'How do you like current Kronos?' are all great news if they reach population.

So if you have anything to report or ask, bring it to the players! Are we all slowly coming to Kronos ideal state? Are we going further away? Can community help the staff? What with? Tell us about it! Tell it often!

Is naxx ready yet?!?!

[video=youtube;a8k1eTEw4rQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8k1eTEw4rQ[/video]

we had a similar thread a few months ago and unfortunately it didn't help.
but yea i agree. give your community weekly news about what's happening with the server!
i hate to say it but the other project is doing a better job in this part :(

A reasonable request but unfortunately the answer from Kronos is a no we dont make updates. Someone put it nicely a couple months ago.

"The silence from the kronos staff is DEAFENING"

It is a well known business strategy to simply withhold any information untill you know with 100% certainty what the outcome is or is going to be in the very near future. Blizzard is notorious in this regard and can scrap projects with 10x as many man-hours as the kronos project without giving away any information except for the registered trademark. They also generally don't release statements on expansions/major patches untill they know that they can meet the deadline. It is only in the most recent expansion that they have started to regularly create streams where they discuss patch changes and the direction of the game.

Could say that the kronos news-section is blizzlike. :lol: On retail there were many times where changes were made without any notes, even class changes which the players had to find out on their own because tooltips on spells has been complete ass the first 4-5 major iterations of WoW. They'd also have to find a person willing to do a lot of voluntary work that i doubt would be of any use on a CV. Not to mention that they would have to detract from the development time to collaborate on the news updates. That said, i'm sure anyone can try contacting gurkins or some of the administration if you feel that you are up to the task. :paperpaper:

Top Bottom